• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New trademarks. Game Possibilities Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    New trademarks Game Possibilities Discussion

In the Japanese Trademark Database, some new Nintendo trademarks have been registered. These include Pokémon Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow, of which have already been released. There are possible new titles: Pokémon Black, Pokémon Brown, Pokémon White, Pokémon Gray, Pokémon Scarlet, Pokémon Purple, Pokémon Crimson, and Pokémon Scarlet. (For unknown reasons there were two Scarlet trademarks, written a tad bit differently in Japanese)

this is confirmed so lets discuss the possibilities.

Black and White sounds good and Crimson and Scarlet are not much different. Finally a Purple one too.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Hm cool topic.
    If there is Black and White, do you think the third game in the generation would be grey?
    Because that makes sense.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yep. I think it would be centered around the types Dark, Psychic/Light(new type finally?), and maybe the ??? type or fighting for the third legend and game.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They never use all the trademarks they reserve. Its like they just want the option. A long time ago I thought Purple would be a Gengar game.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Oh I see...
    Purple would've made a good Gengar game..
    Can I just ask where you got this information from? I am interested in reading more about this.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It was one of the RSS News Feeds in this forum section. Just follow the links there.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I think its safe to say this is proof that the reign of Pokemon is not yet over! to all those who said it was.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    It seems more as if Nintendo may have used these trademarks to prevent ROMs from being released with these names. Essentially, they're setting a trap for potential releases. After all, Nintendo has been a bit anal about ROMs lately, particularly with the circumvention of major flash card devices on the DSi.

A game featuring ghosts would be pretty sweet. They don't seem to get much credit. I'd imagine that they'd be in Black version.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It seems more as if Nintendo may have used these trademarks to prevent ROMs from being released with these names. Essentially, they're setting a trap for potential releases. After all, Nintendo has been a bit anal about ROMs lately, particularly with the circumvention of major flash card devices on the DSi.

A game featuring ghosts would be pretty sweet. They don't seem to get much credit. I'd imagine that they'd be in Black version.

That is true but it is also field for future games. Every game released was reserved this way.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    hmm, I like the sound of Scarlet and Crimson...they would make cool Gen 5 titles...wouldn't u think?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    the two colors differ hardly so they would only choose one of them.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    I go for the Black, White and Grey. Because probably these games may include some new types aside from the controversial "Light" type.

Lash

Years
    I agree with the concept of Black and White being the main games, with the sister game being gray. The legendary Pokemon icons would probably be Dark, Light, and probably another new type, or a Light/Dark combo.

This three game idea probably won't get much thought, but a Crimson/Scarlet, Purple, and Brown being the sister game, since ground (Brown) types beat Fire (Crimson/Scarlet), and Purple (Poison).

Eh, just a fan thought. Any other ideas, anyone?

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh. Black, White and Gray being the third installment works great.

We are lost on what kinds of legends could be thought of after the current generation but I have a theory. Balance(yin & yang). Dark, Light and the third legend would be the balanced one being a dual type of Dark and Light. If this was to happen them they would have to introduce the new type.
    I just dont want this to happen
    GSC
    RSE
    FR/LG
    DPPt
    BWG

I do see Pokemon Rainbow coming in in third somehow. We will just have to wait and see. Uh oh, Aegis is looking at the thread! O.o

Last edited:

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    To be honest, it seems more like those are being trademarked just so that fans can't do it. Pokemon Water Blue was also trade marked, if I remember right, and when entered in a URL it redirected to Pokemon.com, so I'm guessing that's what these serve for. After all, a lot of rumors are spread about new games, so I guess these will probably redirect as well, to put a stop to those rumors.

Just my opinion though :[

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    To be honest, it seems more like those are being trademarked just so that fans can't do it. Pokemon Water Blue was also trade marked, if I remember right, and when entered in a URL it redirected to Pokemon.com, so I'm guessing that's what these serve for. After all, a lot of rumors are spread about new games, so I guess these will probably redirect as well, to put a stop to those rumors.

Just my opinion though :[

Yes but with such bulk of reservations one can assume that at least 3 will be used.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back