• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New trailer — UB: Adhesive revealed, names, and more!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Anyway, I really like the new evil (?) team and I like the new UB alot. I'm looking forward to what's coming next

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • yeah, I'm getting both because I want to experience both games' content. I do have PokeBank, so I want to get all the exclusive UBs and meet/battle against the exclusive trainers, like the Ultra Recon Squad. I also did this for BW and SM as well, though BW was just to play the story again without starting over.

Ultra Sun will probably be my "main" version like Sun was, but I feel like I'll enjoy Ultra Moon more because of Soliera. {XD}

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'll get both eventually, but I will be getting Ultra Sun first which coincidentally looks like the right choice for me going by the version exclusives we've seen so far.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • yeah I don't have a job (I hate that finding a job is a job in of itself), but 3DS games aren't that much cheaper than PS4 or X1 games

Xbox 1 games = $60
    3DS games = $40

Xbox games are 50% more expensive, which is a large difference. And Pokemon games (and Nintendo games as a whole) dont depreciate nearly as much as Xbox games, and after a longer period of time, can actually appreciate despite being used (such as HGSS). I would argue that 3DS games are actually really inexpensive relative to other games. Not to mention, DS games have been out since 2004 at $40. Almost 14 years later, they are still $40. If you factor in inflation, we are paying less per game than 14 years ago. And Pokemon games don't have pay-to-win, loot crate, paid DLC, etc that you make you obligated to pay more for content. Pokemon games dont remove content for extra pay. So we are still paying even less than X1 games in that respect.

I have a job too (haven't worked in a while, but thats a story for another day), and after 1 night of work, I can afford about 2.5 3DS games. Of course, because I still live with my parents, I dont exactly have the same expenses as everyone else. I just save most of it for college.

To make this post more relevant to USUM, I'm glad that there seems to be a lot more content and new UB's, making this $40 potentially worth more than the $40 paid for SM.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Sooo looking forward to these games! I wasn't hyped for a Pokémon game in a very long time and I lost hope for this release as well, when I saw almost everyone on here assume that this would be just a 3rd version release once again, but as soon as I saw the Japanese trailer with its 'キミの知っているアローラではない' headline - which basically translates as 'This is not the Alola you know' - I couln't be stopped anymore!

Now I am playing Sun and Moon in a speedrun-y fashion (cause I postponed playing those games for like a year or so HAHAHGEFAEOF) so I can enjoy Ultrasun and Ultramoon as much as possible... and I REALLY want to play those because they just look like they will be goddamn amazing!!

Years
  • Although I'm so happy about the new Ultra Beast addition, 3 is not enough for me. Remember when they released Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, they released more than 10 new Mega Evolutions? I am hoping Pokemon USUM will introduce more than 3 new Ultra Beast since they've shown in the trailer that we will be able to explore Ultra Space, meaning there should be more content to it. But I think, that is wishful thinking.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I am going to have to codename these games Pokemon: Kingdom Hearts if we continue to get similarities lol. But I love it. So I don't mind it one bit.

Expecting 2 to 4 more Ubs though.

IRK? We had Aime (back in Gen VI) soon after KH 3D, and now this new feature reminds me more of said KH game xD

Last edited:

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
    Years
  • It's just a theory, but maybe the Ultra Recon Squad is divided into 2 groups: Dulse and Zossie seems to be more friendly towards the player. While Phyco and Soliera looks more aggresive, and Phyco fits into the crazy scientist category, like Colress. Also, Dulse and Zossie have the same or simillar hair color, but it is different from Phyco and Soliera (and they both have blue hair). It's just a theory, but it makes sense.

Years
  • It's just a theory, but maybe the Ultra Recon Squad is divided into 2 groups: Dulse and Zossie seems to be more friendly towards the player. While Phyco and Soliera looks more aggresive, and Phyco fits into the crazy scientist category, like Colress. Also, Dulse and Zossie have the same or simillar hair color, but it is different from Phyco and Soliera (and they both have blue hair). It's just a theory, but it makes sense.

Go on... I would like to hear more about this.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    The new characters look great and a new ultra beast being introduced is great. Pure Poison is okay by me.

Back