• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Type Combinations Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 20, 2015
    Rock-Dragon

Some sorta massive dragon which looks unbreakable.
    Dialga looks squishy like you can easily poke him despite being steel. Lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    I always think the grass guy could be grass/fighting yes grass/fighting starter why you hatin

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Dragon/Leaf
    Dragon/Psychic
    Dragon/Fire

There's already dragon fire: Reshiram. :3 So does Psychic, being Latios/Latias, a grass dragon might be interesting, though, considering it resists fire and such. Should've been Serperior.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I think I really want Fennekin to be Fire/Psychic, that would throw something new to the table and I'd think it would be cool typing to see. I think a Dark/Psychic or Psychic/Dark would work out great. It would improve the lack of Defense and Spe Def that Dark types have and the decent Attack that Psychic types have. Sure Psychic type don't have good defense either but it would still improve it.

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • Fennekin does look kind of like a Fire/Psychic, idk. But I am up for that typing, since I don't really like Victini. I mentioned this in another thread, but I'll say it again. The types I wanted were:
    Dark/Psychic -though it has a 4x weakness to scizor bug, I really want to try it out; it seems like a cool combination.

Ghost/Steel -with levitate, this thing has so many resistances... No earthquake, no toxic, and no normal type. Not only that, but it has a lot of resistances, thanks to its steel typing.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • If the Light type was ever introduced into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, Light/Steel type would be an excellent combination, especially if it was for a legendary Pokémon.

Other than that, types such as Dark/Steel would be a great combination as well.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • If the Light type was ever introduced into Pokémon X and Pokémon Y, Light/Steel type would be an excellent combination, especially if it was for a legendary Pokémon.

Other than that, types such as Dark/Steel would be a great combination as well.

We have Bisharp...

A poison and electric type with Levitate with stats like Weezing. Actually just give Weezing an evolution and have it gain an electric typing :3

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2016
    A few that are missing:

Grass/Fire
    Grass/Electric (anything that isn't Rotom or a Pokemon that has to change forms)
    Grass/Dragon
    Grass/Ghost
    Fire/Electric (with Levitate) (anything that isn't Rotom or a Pokemon that has to change forms)
    Fire/Ice
    Fire/Water
    Fire/Poison
    Electric/Dark
    Electric/Fighting
    Electric/Ice (anything that isn't Rotom or a Pokemon that has to change forms)
    Electric/Poison
    Electric/Psychic
    Electric/Rock
    Psychic/Ghost
    Psychic/Dark
    Psychic/Bug
    Psychic/Poison
    Dark/Bug
    Dragon/Rock
    Dragon/Ghost
    Dragon/Bug
    Dragon/Poison
    Dragon/Fighting
    Steel/Ghost
    Steel/Ice
    Steel/Poison
    Ghost/Rock
    Ghost/Fighting
    Fighting/Flying
    Fighting/Ground
    Fighting/Ice
    Ice/Bug
    Ice/Poison
    Rock/Poison

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • Just post what new type combinations there should be. I want a type like Fire/Electric cause it would be like an amazing type.

xD I love your combo, since Pikakitten is a Fire/Electric xD but in all seriousness I'd say Psychic/Dark or Dark/Ghost seems cool IMO xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    I agree with Nica there, a Fire/Grass would be awesome but I really want a weird combo like Psychic/Ghost or either Fight/Flying.... what am I saying? Fire/Grass is already weird 0_0

Okayyyy, I really want more Dragon types! I would LOVE a Dragon/Fighting, Dragon/Fire & Dragon/Ice, just to rid the weakness :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Nah, Dragon/Normal seems too plain, ugh. What about Ice/Steel? That sounds pretty badass, besides, removes the Steel type weakness ;)

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • I am honestly getting a feeling that the legendary trio would be part Dark type.
    Pure Dark
    Dark/Fighting
    Dark/Psychic

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Hm... now I'm kind of thinking about a Dark/Dragon type. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a Dragon-type doing sneaky tactics eh? xD
    Ooh, exactly! That would be awesome but let's stahp the Dragon talk.

Like I said, Ice/Steel would be pretty badass but Fire would easily burn it down unless it has high Defense. Now, a Ghost/Fire would look pretty cool, like you know, bright blue flames around a Ghost type!

I'm imagining Dusknoir opening it's belly-mouth-thingy & exposing a bright, blue flame inside it, eep. One more great type combo would be a high Electric/Water, excluding Wash Rotom that loooooooool sucks!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hm... now I'm kind of thinking about a Dark/Dragon type. Wouldn't it be interesting to see a Dragon-type doing sneaky tactics eh? xD

Hydreigon ;)

And Dragon/Normal, while not exciting, does sound interesting. I wonder what type of Pokemon would result from that, maybe some kind of God/legendary figure??

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back