• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Types and/or Type Combinations

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    Dark/Electric
    Dark/Steel
    Fire/Electric
    Water/Fire
    Psychic/Fire
    Dark/Normal
    Dark/Grass
    Electric/Fighting
    Those are my types.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Hey, here's a thought...what if they upgraded the type system for DP....and made the maximum for each Pokemon THREE types instead of just two?? That adds a whole new dimension to this.....

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
  • Three types would make things too complex. Besides, look at Sableye, that has only two types and no weaknesses. (unless you count a Foresight/Fighting weakness). It's like adding a new type, it's unnecessary since things are nicely balanced now. Dark and Steel were necessary additions, anything more isn't really and would throw the balance back out of whack.

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
  • cool idea

thats a good idea! well it does have good/bad sides to it... grr.... can never get the supper effective on sableye!!! grrr...... yah a bit too complex but I wonder if that will happen although I doubt it, but we'll see.....in the next.... *looks at watch* 4-9 months i gess... sigh!:\

Raze-finiarel

Moon Gazer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2006
    All's I can say is:
    A: Steel and Dark were only made to balance out the number of types, like Toothache mentioned. They won't make any new types. Period.

B: Dragon's are already very Powerful, and adding fire would decrease the damage from ice, a Dragon's biggest weakness.That's probably why they haven't added THE single most obvious type combination ever. I'd still like to see a Thunder/Dragon, Dark/Dragon, or Ghost/Dragon.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Ghost/Normal
    Ghost/Ice
    Ghost/Psychic
    Ghost/Steel
    Ghost/Water
    Ground/Normal
    Ground/Poison
    Ground/Steel
    Grass/Ice
    Grass/Normal
    Grass/Steel
    Ice/Normal
    Ice/POison
    Ice/Psychic
    Ice/Steel
    Normal/Poison
    Normal/Psychic
    Normal/Steel
    Normal/Water
    Psychic/Posion
    Psychic/Water-Is there already
    Poison/Steel

:t003:Dark Venusaur

bluestorm

Lucario and Mudkip! BLUE PWNS!
    Years
  • ghost normal seems maybe a bit too much for me. perhaps Normals nor ghosts could attack it. plus it probly would be weak against fighting and/or dark. sorry! I shouldnt critisize! XD cool ideas anyway!

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • bluestorm said:
    ghost normal seems maybe a bit too much for me. perhaps Normals nor ghosts could attack it. plus it probly would be weak against fighting and/or dark. sorry! I shouldnt critisize! XD cool ideas anyway!
    No its okay. I know what you are trying to prove but a Ghost/Normal type can get knocked out by Dark types. They could make it like I never said that they will make a Ghot/Dark and then they did a Sableye.

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • bluestorm said:
    Ok, I kinda get what yer aiming at. And yeah... grr....i dispise sableye.... nothing is super effective against it
    Yes if you get a fighting type Pokemon that has Foresight and then use a fighting type move then yes. Who ever made Sableye is a real genious. And I think Bug is also super effective

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Okay lets see
    Ice weakness -Fire, Steel, Fighting and Rock
    Poison- Ground and Psychic
    That seems to be good. Maybe that certain Pokemon could have a very good Defense Stat and a weaker Special Attack.
    How about Ghost/Normal:t201-qu:

Back