• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    yes there is too much basis that guarentees no new types.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    There is no necessary idea.

...Why?

Two new types were introduced in gen II out of NECESSITY to mend a major imbalance in the game. This no longer exists, new types are not needed. There does need to be justification for a new type. Your post makes zero sense.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    Lol, learn to make your ideas clear. For what you were meaning, that is an extremely strange way to put it. What your post implies is; no new idea is absolutely necessary, so there doesn't need to be a reason behind a new type.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    No, bro. That's you making assumptions.
    I stated a clear fact that aligns with everything you said and you took it the wrong way.

"There is no necessary idea."
    =
    "No idea anybody talks about in this thread is necessary."

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    Nope. Sorry. The italicized is and non-expanded use of idea suggests "There's no such thing as a necessary idea."

For agreeing with me that is just weird language. Either use proper language or expand upon your ideas. You should have just said "true" or "yeah."

lern2English.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    itt: a twelve-year-old tells an English Major to learn to English.

For the second time, you not understanding something does not make the other person wrong.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2014
    For an English major you seem to have a frail understanding of the language. Is it not your native tongue?

You are also falsely under the impression that one can be wrong in interpreting something that makes little sense and is not clear.

It comes to this; you worded what you meant to say extremely weirdly, and it was open to many interpretations. You then got offended or something when I went with the most natural conclusion.

If you expect people to understand you on an internet forum, don't use confusing and vague language.

I'm in the right, you're in the wrong. Sorry. But we're getting off topic, so I will be leaving.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Can you actually prove yourself correct or are you just going to continue this pseudo-intellectual charade regarding me saying things "extremely weirdly"?

Nothing I've said has been in the slightest bit wrong, and you have horrible structure anyway so you'd hardly be one to comment even if it had.

I worded myself correctly, and you're being defensive because you don't want to admit you made a mistake. If you could comprehend intelligently I wouldn't need to expand my ideas.

Though I appreciate you thinking you know more than me, it's interesting discussion and will likely prepare me for any future arrogant students.

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    Good Lord you guys this is speculating new Pokemon types, not English Class! I came here to think of new Pokemon types, not people arguing about spelling!

Okay but I found out one more that could be Wind Type...
    Aeroblast (It has AERO in its name. Aero means wind.)

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Quite the victory on my part, though. :)

Anyway, I think having Flying and Wind would be impractical.
    Wouldn't that result in two types that have very little content?

Changing Flying to Wind/Air is one thing, but not having both.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    So the system is balanced. Okay, and? Most people know this and most of the people arguing for a new type aren't doing so for the sake of what they perceive to be an unbalanced system. Usually, when someone suggests there should/will be a new type, it is because a) they want a new type and think it would be cool, or b) they see a Pokemon like Reshiram.

And although the fact that the Dark- and Steel-types were necessary additions to balance the game, making the introduction of a new type appearing improbable, it doesn't make it impossible.

This is Pokeyman we're a talking about, a video game. Anything is possible and the creators will do anything to keep their audiences money in their pocket happy.

Also, I've seen nothing wrong with Ravecat's speech. In the post that sparked the mini-conflict was a bit of mild sarcasm, but it was directed at you, HannahMontana.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
    Years
    I personally like the idea of light or good type, I mean we have dark, which really doesn't have any obvious weaknesses.. other than to their additional types, and fighting just isn't all that common, they cover psychic and ghost types with immunities to both, they just seem to overpowering the "spiritual" types? I don't know, I guess it isn't necessary, but it would just balance out those types nicer.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I think a light type would be good, that would give the legendaries their secondary types. And if light type would put the game in inbalance, then just create more types to balance it back out.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...guys, if you are not going to talk about new types of Pokémon in the new types of Pokémon thread, kindly leave.

Your argument has no place here. Take it to PM, VM, instant messengers, or anywhere suitable so long as it is not in this thread. Come on guys, you know better than this. Don't get this thread closed because of a pointless, unrelated argument.

(Thankfully on this page, we're getting back on topic, but I will seriously hand out infractions if anyone starts debating English grammar again.)

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    some other new types: sound, ???, space. Also, I saw wood type somewhere in here, I don't see anything that would be supereffective against

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    some other new types: sound, ???, space. Also, I saw wood type somewhere in here, I don't see anything that would be supereffective against

wood type is same thing as grass type, which really should be called plant type.

and people are posting types like "glass", that would fit more as a species of pokemon, not a whole new type, like this thing i posted earlier

New Types?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back