• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    shhhhsuhuh u just want raves cuock :|

there will be a lite type i saw screenshots,

Lmao you can't troll me dude. Unlike a lot of people, I know I'm on the Internet where jokes are bountiful =]

Also, also: You said there'd be no light types before this post. hehehe

As for the time type....I really don't ever see that happening. Dialga is one pokemon out of 493 (sans B&W pokemon)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Perhaps it could be those who are ancient in comparison to modern ones (by pokedex or other mentions)? Such as Unown, Ho-Oh, Ninetales, Aerodactyl, etc, straying from the conventional time storyline and instead referring to older Pokemon, if that were to happen, that is. :x

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^Good point, however it's far too late to start retyping pokemon. =P

@electricscyther: In fact, the light type had a far better chance of making it. We knew it wasn't gonna happen but they certainly had more than two pokemon retype possibilities.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    you can't punch light, can you? maybe that.
    Ok by this statement you also rule out, Grass. Grass can't hit light. Water can't hit light. Steel can't hit light. Fire can't hit light. Rock can't hit light. Ground can't hit light. Electric can't hit light. Ice can't hit light. I really don't need to go on because only dark would have any effect to light. Oh wait...you can't punch darkness or Shadows either...They why can fighting be super effective? hm....

Now seriously. You can't set up a weakness Chart for Light types without giving a base for which you made the light type. Cause if you don't then you are saying its the same thing as what allows us to see during the day. If that's the case, then NO Type can hit it cause nothing can hit light.

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2011
    well the third game mascot could be dark/light to really show ying & yang but its speculated that third mascot will be a green serpent light type isnt something that has just been thought of im sure when dark type was made they thought of light type but decided that it would unbalance the game.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    well the third game mascot could be dark/light to really show ying & yang but its speculated that third mascot will be a green serpent light type isnt something that has just been thought of im sure when dark type was made they thought of light type but decided that it would unbalance the game.
    With Reshrim and Zerkom being Yin and Yang I doubt there will be a third Legendary to compliment these two. They balance each other out already. If a light type would be implemented they would show it later using non-legendary Pokemon.

When they introduced Steel and Dark in Gold and Silver, there wasn't a Legend for it.

Last edited:

adhdguitar

Newbie Pokémon Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    I think Nintendo pretty much confirmed that there will be no light type when they stated that Reshiram was Fire type.

amberrelf

~♥HalleluYah!(:
    Years
    I know why everyone hates on this idea!!! Cuz they didn't post about it firsttt!!
    Hahahaa, y'all are just jealous!!! Okay, totally kidding.

Nevertheless, I love all the drama this thread caused.
    It's pretty funny.

Personally, I'd like a Light type. But that's mainly because I love light.

I see the points both sides are making about why it'd be good or bad.
    I don't really care if they make one or not. It'd be cool, but eh.
    The Ghosts would still totally own.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2012
    Personally, I wouldn't really care. It would cause people to relearn, and rethink strategies, and mix things up a bit. Which in itself is not a bad thing. This happens in games like Magic the gathering and Yugioh where new concepts are implemented all the time. People adapt and change their strategies. Although if one takes a look at the type chart itself, it is clearly not balanced. However this becomes relatively irrelevant because of the strength of individual pokemon and movesets. Ex: Steel has the most resistence to any other type. However, there are few steel pokemon that are ranked top tier due to the heavy useage of advantageous types: Fire and Fighting. So as I stated before, a new balanced type would not really fix or destroy things, just change them up a bit.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Since dark type represents "evil" more than actual darkness per se, it actually makes sense that the legends aren't light and dark. To be a true counterpart of Dark type, Light type would have to represent goodness and purity. However, in a Yin-Yang, neither side is better than the other and both are needed for balance. It is a far cry from the concept of good vs. evil. The naturalism vs. industrialism that fire vs. electric represents fits the symbolism of the Yin-Yang much better. Thus, although a light type is unlikely, the fact that Reshiram is not Light type has no bearing whatsoever on its inclusion.

I actually wouldn't mind a light type, but I won't be too disappointed if it never showed up. I do think it would be relatively easy to add without unbalancing the game or making it any more complicated than it already is, though.

Last edited:
    Years
    Time type... not so much. It is even more of an abstract concept than Light or Sound. The only type of move I could see as being a "time" type move would be something like Trick Room.

I'm still waiting to hear peoples' ideas on Sound and Alien though. I've posted strengths/weaknesses (and explanations) of Light and Glass so far, and it has taken me at least an hour to put together each. I'm not really interested in doing another.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Thus, although a light type is unlikely, the fact that Reshiram is not Light type has no bearing whatsoever on its inclusion
    No.
    The fact that Reshiram isn't Light does have bearing, because if they were going to introduce a Light type they would probably consider picking the giant white thing they're using a mascot.
    It's not a be-all-end-all but it does have some bearing.

I'm still waiting to hear peoples' ideas on Sound and Alien though.
    A Sound type could have some very interesting results, I'm pretty much completely against Alien though.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ...same goes for off-topic posts, guys. >_>

Anyway, I don't think "time" is a decent type. I think people are starting to mix up the idea of typing and attributes. Celebi and Dialga both have time as an attribute, as more of a theme. Making it a type doesn't make sense because it's not... really an element in any sense of the word. (If you had to make a time type, it'd open the door for a space type since space-time goes hand in hand and then it just wouldn't make sense anymore, imo.) :/ Time-shifting definitely sounds like more of a one-time ability than a whole type to me, too.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    Alien might work with Deoxys and Clefairy, but I'm not sure.
    Also, a Sound type might be OK, but I personally dont think nintendo is ready to add it.
    Remember back in Generation 1 when nobody thought there would be new types? Same thing here.
    Anyway I got a new type idea. I know that youll probably laugh at my idea for a Magnet type saying "Dude! That's just for Magnemite!" But I did some careful consideration. Nosepass and Probopass seem to be based off a compass, which work on MAGNETISM.
    Planets and meteors work on magnetism too. Deoxys is related to meteors, so maybe it's another Magnet type.
    Please let me know what you think.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    A sound type? Perhaps chatot and the whismur family.

ChrisTom owned .EJ... time to close the tread haha

Oh lmao you mean that first post where he included my quote? Try reading my responses and see who really won ; ) I mean we ain't getting far in discussions if we can't even bother to read an entire thread =P

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back