• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Uber Predictions?

§1

Rocket grunt
Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    what do you think will be considered uber in this gen?

like the mega evolution of garchomp.
    sure, he has less speed, but with 170 base atk, and a potential sand force boosted attack he's gonna pack one hell of a punch.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2014
    Without a doubt Mega Gengar.
    His Base Sp attack is 170 and speed is 130 plus he has Shadow tag.
    Even if Gengar didn't have Mega but had Shadow tag it would probably be uber lol.

Maybe Mega Scizor but not 100% sure. Almost all his stats got a decent boost and he was already one of the best OU pokemon before he got Mega form.

But sense you will probably have to have the Mega stone attached to them that makes them a lot less powerful since you can't use life orb, choice scarf etc.
    If you can use them without having the stone attached I'd say maybe half or more of them would be uber.

Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2013
    From what I have seen so far, Mega-most-things are basically approaching legendary in stats. I've seen a lot of people battling with nearly pure Mega teams, though it seems single-evolution Pokemon don't get quite as strong even when Mega-evolved.

Beyond that, I haven't really seen any Pokemon which stood out to me like "Whoa that is really overpowered!"

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    From what I have seen so far, Mega-most-things are basically approaching legendary in stats. I've seen a lot of people battling with nearly pure Mega teams, though it seems single-evolution Pokemon don't get quite as strong even when Mega-evolved.

Beyond that, I haven't really seen any Pokemon which stood out to me like "Whoa that is really overpowered!"

The ones with no regular evolution at all gets even shorter end of the rope. People should build up some ideas if they are planning to use either Mega Mawile or Absol. It seems that only the ones with a two-stage evolutions only receive those legendary-like stats.

Anyways back on topic, Mega Blaziken should defintely be uber, for obvious reasons.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Xerneas and Yveltal are definitely going to be ubers. All legendary mascots that they've introduced so far have been overpowered, and these two are no different. d: Mewtwo might be uber as well, along with both of its mega-evolutions. Another Pokémon that I'm expecting to be made uber is Mega Tyranitar. Its base Attack stat equals to one sixty-four, which is spontaneous. With one Crunch, it could take down even the most defensive Pokémon in an instant, such as Skarmory. Mega Blastoise may get banned, but I can't be completely sure about that… its defenses are indeed quite huge, but it's extremely slow, though. With only two - three attacks from a fast-hitting Pokémon like Lucario, you could have this Pokémon defeated pretty easily. (:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I highly doubt mega Gengar is going to be uber. Same with other Mega evo's. They are often weaker than their LO pre evo. Mega Gengar falls short on alot of KO's bar on frail weak sweepers, simply because it lacks power. :\

That and Shadow Tag is a silly reason to ban something in 2013. If we ban mega Gengar, why shouldnt Gothitelle, Wobb be banned too? They can trap a selection of pokemon too, just like Gengar can. Its not even as if he can Trap everything because like i said it falls short on alot of KO's. That and it is able to be walled, why is this relevant with Shadow Tag you ask? You can switch out the turn it mega evolves to a counter. Mega Pokemon are overhyped. Sure they are very good and add alot to the metagame, but the majority are hard walled by common Pokemon and are frankly overhyped, high OU yes, but no where near uber status bar maybe Blaziken and thats only because of speed boost and lack of counters. Drought just tips him over the edge.

Also legendary pokemon =/= uber. Just to cut that short. ;)

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I battled someone using a Mega-Gengar and it wasn't that hard to beat. Heck, my Mega-Scizor took care of it. I have to agree with Dark Azelf on this one. Mega evolutions are over hyped right now and a lot of them can either be walled, or just don't pack enough of a punch. I can only see a couple of them getting banned to ubers (Garchomp and Blaziken are my guesses, but I haven't faced either of them so I don't know), and a few legendaries as well.

I don't see many new pokemon getting banned to ubers at all, even legendaries. I think the mascots will, but not much else. Of course, I have yet to face a lot of the new pokemon, so I could be wrong.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Xerneas and Yveltal will be Uber, Geomancy Xerneas sounds insane and Yveltal's Oblivion Wing/Aura-boosted Dark Pulse is basically unresisted, couple that with solid bulk and I can see both being solid Uber.

I can see Mega Lucario/Blaziken going Uber, Blaziken is a given honestly even with weather nerf. Mega Lucario hits so much harder than it's LO counterpart due to Adaptability, 2HKOing Skarmory unboosted with CC after SR is insane.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Xerneas and Yveltal will be Uber, Geomancy Xerneas sounds insane and Yveltal's Oblivion Wing/Aura-boosted Dark Pulse is basically unresisted, couple that with solid bulk and I can see both being solid Uber.

I can see Mega Lucario/Blaziken going Uber, Blaziken is a given honestly even with weather nerf. Mega Lucario hits so much harder than it's LO counterpart due to Adaptability, 2HKOing Skarmory unboosted with CC after SR is insane.

Well to be fair, Skarm is a horrible switch in to most fighting types. Also regular Lucario 2HKO's Skarm with SR too with SR present with unbosted cc.

Mega Luke still isnt beating Gliscor, Salamence etc and even if it uses Ice Punch it has things like Gyarados, Jellicent, Aegislash, Tentacruel etc to deal with and regardless if what it runs it isnt beating Mega Venusaur because of Thick Fat. It also has alot of misc checks/counters like Qwilfish (who is amazing tbh, also walls mega Hera and Blaziken) and even Nidoqueen and Defensive Dragalge. Also Megacross is a fantastic check to it. I mean heck it can also be revenge killed with Bullet Punch resistant faster Pokemon and those are pretty abundant. It has alot of checks and counters tbh.

Blaziken i agree with because power up punch, speed boost and drought make it really not have many counters/checks at all.

Last edited:

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that with all the type changes there should be some more Ghost, Poison and Fire types in the uber metagame, with Gengar being the most likely, as well as less dark, fighting, and dragon types. Maybe Azumarill could have a shot at ubers now that it learns Play Rough along with Aqua Tail, along with the awesome ability in Huge Power. Water/Fairy I suspect should have great coverage together. Heatran could be a permanent Uber too because of the strong type advantage over fairies.

There may be more possibilities, but that's what I think at the moment.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure that with all the type changes there should be some more Ghost, Poison and Fire types in the uber metagame, with Gengar being the most likely, as well as less dark, fighting, and dragon types. Maybe Azumarill could have a shot at ubers now that it learns Play Rough along with Aqua Tail, along with the awesome ability in Huge Power. Water/Fairy I suspect should have great coverage together. Heatran could be a permanent Uber too because of the strong type advantage over fairies.
    I really can't see Azumarill making a jump to ubers. It's good, maybe good enough for OU, but it's completely walled by a lot of pokemon. All because Heatran walls most fairies doesn't make it uber. I think you're over-hyping the new type. Heatran is still easily walled and most of the old counters are still very viable. It's like saying Scizor should be banned because it's really good against grass types. Ground still murders Heatran and it's not like the magma pokemon is going to break a world speed record anytime soon. The biggest jump I could see is Scizor going to Ubers. However, I find that very unlikely, but Scizor is going to be top OU for sure. Better start carrying a counter for it.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    Well to be fair, Skarm is a horrible switch in to most fighting types. Also regular Lucario 2HKO's Skarm with SR too with SR present with unbosted cc.

Mega Luke still isnt beating Gliscor, Salamence etc and even if it uses Ice Punch it has things like Gyarados, Jellicent, Defensive Dragalge, Aegislash, Tentacruel etc to deal with and regardless if what it runs it isnt beating Mega Venusaur because of Thick Fat. It also has alot of misc checks/counters like Qwilfish (who is amazing tbh, also walls mega Hera and Blaziken) and even Nidoqueen. Also Megacross is a fantastic check to it. I mean heck it can also be revenge killed with Bullet Punch resistant faster Pokemon and those are pretty abundant. It has alot of checks and counters tbh.

Blaziken i agree with because power up punch, speed boost and drought make it really not have many counters/checks at all.
    Having no LO recoil is nice however and CC is still a lot more powerful on Lucario-M than Lucario LO (okay it's only like 15% more but it could be noteworthy but can't be bothered running calcs), powered up BP is also nice. However yes I actually changed my mind, I forgot Lucario-M has 4MSS
    so top-tier OU in my opinion.

Metagross might drop of out OU I fear, having two more weaknesses does it no good and it was on the verge last generation.

Gamefreak loves Blaziken, Speed boost was already a lot now just buff it more and give it a way to pseduo-Moxie with Power Up Punch. Good!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    From what I have seen from most of the 6th gen Youtube battles so far (Shofu primarily.), I would have to say Aegislash if anything due to not only the borderline godly twin 150 base stats but being able to shuffle those stats around thanks to Stance Change along with Swords Dance + Shadow Sneak to set up at a moment's notice honestly makes me a tad uneasy just thinking about it right now. Maybe Excadrill can revenge kill it but what I am wondering atm is if it can swtich into a +2 Sacred Sword and still stand to put this sword back into its stone. (Apologies for the horrid joke there.)

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2013
    garchomp or geo for sure. these are the best upcoming pokemon guys im telling you

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • From what I have seen from most of the 6th gen Youtube battles so far (Shofu primarily.), I would have to say Aegislash if anything due to not only the borderline godly twin 150 base stats but being able to shuffle those stats around thanks to Stance Change along with Swords Dance + Shadow Sneak to set up at a moment's notice honestly makes me a tad uneasy just thinking about it right now. Maybe Excadrill can revenge kill it but what I am wondering atm is if it can swtich into a +2 Sacred Sword and still stand to put this sword back into its stone. (Apologies for the horrid joke there.)
    I can see Aegislash being Uber. However, it can be walled. Avalugg, Volcarona, and Rotom-W do a decent job of walling it. Up to a certain point of course. I've done quite a few battles myself and just about everyone and their dog is using it. King's shield is one heck of an annoying version of protect and to be honest, I would love to see this pokemon get banned.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Aegislash is good yes but he has 4mss.

Fire types (sup im Heatran), W-O-W users, bulky waters (Scalds anyone?) and Phazers are your best friend against it. I dont think its too good for OU tbh. It even has checks such as well basically anything that resists Sacred Sword and is bulky enough to take a Shadow Sneak, think Fire Blast dragons like mence. Gliscor also does very well against it with Taunt. Even things like Greninja and other darks check/revenge kill it very well. Basically anything not frail and girly man pokemon.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I still think we'll see Mega Gengar banned. Gothitelle and Wobbuffet are so different from it that they certainly aren't good comparisons. Gothitelle is slowwww and weak. (Specs Gothitelle is actually weaker than a Modest Mega Gengar...) Wobbuffet has no way of attacking. On the other hand, Mega Gengar has 130 base Speed with a very, very good movepool that can be customized to trap basically anything you want. The fact that it can come in on anything that's been weakened and take it out without the opponent being able to do anything about it is a pretty strong case for Uber status. The only downside to it is that it needs a turn to activate Shadow Tag, which isn't that big of a deal since Gengar is a good Pokemon in general. And look at Shadow Tag Chandelure, wasn't it really overcentralizing in DW OU? I don't see how Mega Gengar will be any different. Buuut I haven't played gen 6 a lot yet and we're still early on, so we'll see what happens.

Also, Mega Blaziken seems pretty likely to get banned just like it was last gen. I don't see many things changing for it since then, but at least sun was nerfed.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
    Years
  • I'm still a huge newbie when it comes to competitive and the metagames, but ever since the stats for the Gen IV Pokemon have been revealed, Iv'e had a floating feeling that Aegislash will be an Uber. I mean, it has a gigantic 150 stat in Atk/Sp.Atk or in Def/Sp.Def depending what form it's in. I'm pretty sure thats better than most legendaries. Again, I don't know much about competitive, but I'm pretty sure that Aegislash's stats are quite O.P. ...

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
  • It's most likely Smogon tiers.

I feel some Pokemon here are definitely going to Ubers - Namely Yveltal, Xerneas, the two Mewtwo formes, Mega Lucario, Mega Blaziken, and Mega Gengar. They're all very powerful, of course, and too good to be a balanced part of the OU metagame this generation. I've been able to handle the latter three rather well, but they're just too good.

I'm kind of mixed on Aegislash. On one hand, it's very predictable if the player using it has no idea what they're doing, but very unpredictable if the player is good. Aegislash isn't invincible, and there are several ways to manipulate it and the person using it - I've seen a friend using Focus Sash Gengar to lure Aegislash into using Shadow Sneak then OHKOing it with Shadow Ball. Aegislash also dislikes Pokemon that have a non-contact physical move and can take a hit, such as Garchomp. On the other hand, its stats are godly and, like said, with the right player controlling it, Aegislash can be devastating. One thing to note is that part of Smogon's tier rules is usage, and I've seen Aegislash on literally every other team on Showdown.

Another Pokémon that I'm expecting to be made uber is Mega Tyranitar. Its base Attack stat equals to one sixty-four, which is spontaneous. With one Crunch, it could take down even the most defensive Pokémon in an instant, such as Skarmory.

I've been using Mega Tyranitar on Showdown, and it won't be going to Ubers. Yes, it's powerful, but it's not that powerful - I'm running a Dragon Dance set, and I wasn't able to take down a Skarmory instantly with a +1 Stone Edge. It's good, but even with its increased power and bulk it really does not like certain threats.

I also don't think Garchomp or any of the other dragon types will be going to ubers, simply due to the prevalence of certain Fairy types as of now, mostly Azumarill and Togekiss.

Back