• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New unannounced Wii game in the works

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    i seriously doubt there'll be a full blown rpg for wii.i think in one interview one of the pokemon big wighs even said it'll proally never happen.

Years
  • As much as I'd like it to be, I doubt that they'll make something as good as the handheld games on the Wii. Personally I'm hoping it's another version entirely that plays out like Diamond or Pearl but like on the Wii and with better graphics. I'm hoping it's not something like Gale of Darkness on the Gamecube (which I never got, although I've played it) where you don't actually visit routes and can only catch shadow Pokémon or something. A full-blown RPG would be pretty cool, something that was compatible with the DS games too.

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
  • As much as i'd like this to be a HAL Labs game (they made Pokemon Stadium 1/2 and Pokemon Snap - fantastic games), this will most likely be a Genius Sonority one. If this is to be the case, then i'm hoping for a follow up to Colosseum and XD, which brings Orre under siege from Cipher once more. The plot was left with a fair few unresolved elements (for example, Ardos wasn't shown to have changed his ways unlike Greevil and Eldes), and I think that the Shadow Pokemon mechanic could be much improved on. It was improved to an extent in XD, yet catching one after another soon became repetitive and tiresome.

Alternatively, my wish would be for the HAL team to get back together and create a third Stadium title. I haven't played PBR before, but i'd say for good reason because the gameplay videos and information i've seen have left me with the impression that it's really shallow and doesn't carry much resemblance to the handheld games like Stadium did. For example, a lot of music was remixed in Stadium, and you had the ability to battle many of the trainer classes from RBY/GSC in Stadium mode, and the Gym Leaders in Gym Leader Castle. For me, this allowed for a more immersive Pokemon experience. PBR seems like nothing more than an excuse for compatibility with DPPt/HGSS, with little charm. I dunno, it just seemed like the N64 games were a lot more in touch with the main handheld series.

I hope that this latest game can go back to the roots that Stadium, Snap and even Puzzle League planted.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    As much as i'd like this to be a HAL Labs game (they made Pokemon Stadium 1/2 and Pokemon Snap - fantastic games), this will most likely be a Genius Sonority one. If this is to be the case, then i'm hoping for a follow up to Colosseum and XD, which brings Orre under siege from Cipher once more. The plot was left with a fair few unresolved elements (for example, Ardos wasn't shown to have changed his ways unlike Greevil and Eldes), and I think that the Shadow Pokemon mechanic could be much improved on. It was improved to an extent in XD, yet catching one after another soon became repetitive and tiresome.

Alternatively, my wish would be for the HAL team to get back together and create a third Stadium title. I haven't played PBR before, but i'd say for good reason because the gameplay videos and information i've seen have left me with the impression that it's really shallow and doesn't carry much resemblance to the handheld games like Stadium did. For example, a lot of music was remixed in Stadium, and you had the ability to battle many of the trainer classes from RBY/GSC in Stadium mode, and the Gym Leaders in Gym Leader Castle. For me, this allowed for a more immersive Pokemon experience. PBR seems like nothing more than an excuse for compatibility with DPPt/HGSS, with little charm. I dunno, it just seemed like the N64 games were a lot more in touch with the main handheld series.

I hope that this latest game can go back to the roots that Stadium, Snap and even Puzzle League planted.
    you took everything in my brain and typed it out! you getsz a pretzel for being smart.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Why am I suddenly having nightmares of having to swing the Wiimote to throw a Pokeball?

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i want an interactive pokemon adventure- like the handhelds, but full 3D, and maybe in first person view
    i like the idea of swinging the wiimote to throw a pokeball :)
    BUT i doubt they would make a totally new region
    Pokemon first person shooter, anyone? :D

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I hope they go back to the Stadium roots, or even make a Pokemon Snap 2. Would be pretty sweet.

If they don't then at least make it fun and enjoyable, that's all I really want.

Back