• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen NEW UNBELIEVEABLE RECORD :D

Ger Japa

Pokémon Master
    Years
    I've just caught Giratina, before talked to it i saved the game in case i miss it i can try again.

But guess what, just when the battle started i threw Quick Ball and after 3 shakes, 3 stars splashed then i unbelievably caught it, with only one ball!!!

UNTIL NOW I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT :D

Hope catching Dialga and Palkia and Arceus will be the same :P

zommy08

Crimson Trainer
    Years
    my battle with groudon:
    wild groudon appeared! go meganium!
    meganium used body slam (1/4 of groudon's hp)
    wild groudon used eruption O_o
    (I knew that groudon had rest so i was waiting for it to use it to get a higher catch rate)
    used one pokeball!
    (listening to ds speakers)
    shake... shake... shake... click.
    gotcha! groudon was caught! LOL
    i almost nicknamed is lolwut

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    try this on for size:

my ultimate combo on soulsilver rom:

flash,thunderwave, knock lugias life to red

yay go ultra ball.... fail...... 40times.....
    go timer ball...... fail....... 4times...
    dusk ball......fail 10times....
    1ball left.... its a pokeball...... go pokeball *does cheesy anime throw* epic fail no!? :(........... 3shakes& "gotcha!" WTF O_O XD
    totally awesome XD
    funniest part is lugia only had 2more attacks til it would struggled& died lol

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    This is me VS. Suicune in HG !

Wild Suicune appeared !
    Go ! Typhlosion (Lv. 51) !
    Typhlosion used Lava Plume !
    3/4 HP !
    Suicune used Rain Dance !
    Seco threw a Quick Ball !
    Crosses fingers ... click ... click ... click ... ... ... ... .........................
    BAM ! SUICUNE WASN'T CAUGHT ! EHEHE !!! Gotcha ! Suicune was caught !

On my friend's game I tried so hard that when I caught Suicune I nicknamed him "I Hate You" !

Years
    Lol. I got 3 shakes on Raikou with a Timer Ball in the first turn (no Mean Look, my pokemon were lv.25, but Raikou stalks me), but then it broke out

Dialga and Palkia on Platinum were unbelievable. I just hit Dialga with Fire Blast, then Ultra Ball, and Palkia with Thunderbolt (Raichu ftw!) then Ultra Ball, and voila!

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
    I've just caught Giratina, before talked to it i saved the game in case i miss it i can try again.

But guess what, just when the battle started i threw Quick Ball and after 3 shakes, 3 stars splashed then i unbelievably caught it, with only one ball!!!

Lucky you :p
    When I was about to catc Giratina, I used 17 Dusk Balls and 4 Timer Balls.

dozo

party hardy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2014
    I never have these fun things happen to me

maybe some day.

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2017
    I had that happen to me twice in my life time.
    1st Time was on Cresselia, I was hunting it down, but i forgot to put Wobbuffet in my team, so when I saw it I was like, eh what the heck i'll just throw a Quick Ball. AND I caught it.
    2nd Time was on my friend's Heart Gold Ho-oh, it had i think half of its HP, and didnt have any status, and he had like 5 ultra balls, I threw the 1st one we both started praying, WE CAUGHT IT, we high fived and he gave me a dollar xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    what a waste of a thread, and twilight you KNOW this is necessary

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Wow, impressive. It took me about 30 minutes to catch my giratina on platinum. Pearl it only took around 5-10. You just got your easy one earlier on, so I predict that Arceus, Dialga, and Palkia will be harder.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2012
    I Master Balled Giratina, so he wasn't a problem. Zapdos though, yikes. I lobbed more than fifty balls at the miserable blighter and he just would not stay in.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I'm currently playing my first run through Platinum, and I encountered a Shiny Shellos.
    But unfortunately I'm playing on Nuzlocke mode, so I couldn't catch it. Stupid thing killed my poor Prinplup as well... I hate Bide sometimes. :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    No, theres no legal event to obtain the azure flute to obtain arceus, its obtained via cheat code

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years

OMFG, you caught GIRATINA that fast? it seems like i read somewhere that Giratina had a slightly lower catch rate than Dialga or Palkia, or maybe i'm thinkin about arceus...

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
    refering to an eariler poster who said this
    Zapdos took me so long with and I wasted so many balls I threw about 45k down the drain I even brought out like a lvl 7 to hit him with small hits to get him to the ultimate minimum possible ultra ball after ultra ball (this is on LeafGreen,so I do not have the fancy balls from GenIV) but the dang bird would not cooperate. I felt like crying I shut the game off and never returned. until today,I started again though,this time with revenge in sight.

Back