• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Well first of all thanks for the welcome
    So, I've been a pokémon fan since I was a kid, 8 or 9 years old, I grew up watching it on television, when I was 15 I bought my first GBA and since then, I haven't stopped

Years
    Well first of all thanks for the welcome
    So, I've been a pokémon fan since I was a kid, 8 or 9 years old, I grew up watching it on television, when I was 15 I bought my first GBA and since then, I haven't stopped

Another long time fan of Pokémon (like me ^^), I see! Do you have a favourite pokémon ? Mine has always been Charizard since Red / Blue!

Years
    Hello from a newcomer. I think it's clear who my favorite Pokémon is 😃 I like writing short stories, but I'm hardly familiar with games. I want to fix that soon.

Hello LillyPuff, and welcome to the forums!
    Is Jigglypuff your favourite character in the anime ?
    If you are looking for games, there are some official ones and some fan made ones I can suggest to you!
    You might be interested in having a look at the Fan Fiction & Writing section if you like writing short stories!

PS : Please do not start singing, I do not have earplugs on me! ^^

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I've been working on hacking a FireRed ROM and was looking for tools/help on doing so. Long story short, I was playing around with the randomizer and I thought it's be fun to actually control some of the randomized aspects.

Years

I've been working on hacking a FireRed ROM and was looking for tools/help on doing so. Long story short, I was playing around with the randomizer and I thought it's be fun to actually control some of the randomized aspects.

Hello Krendall, and welcome to the forums!
    About ROM hacking tools and help, we have the Fan Games sections to cover it! Feel free to have a look and ask for help here!
    I am curious to know more about your Fire Red ROM hack!
    Good luck with your project!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

Hello there Krendall, and welcome to the PC.

Hope you find all the help you need!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2023
    Hello Krendall, and welcome to the forums!
    About ROM hacking tools and help, we have the Fan Games sections to cover it! Feel free to have a look and ask for help here!
    I am curious to know more about your Fire Red ROM hack!
    Good luck with your project!
    My main goals with the hack are to remove the annoying ALL CAPS, restore original names of Pokemon, characters, and locations, adjust stats, moves, and even types to try to make all final-form Pokemon useful, and make it possible to obtain every Pokemon (though finding some could be extremely difficult). There are other changes I'd like to make, but they would be secondary (or lower) compared to what I've just listed.

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    A favorite pokemon? It's hard, I have several, Charizard, nidoking, lapras, typhlosion, sceptile, feraligatr, gardevoir, serperior, eelectross, tyranitar, agron and a few more

Years
    A favorite pokemon? It's hard, I have several, Charizard, nidoking, lapras, typhlosion, sceptile, feraligatr, gardevoir, serperior, eelectross, tyranitar, agron and a few more

Some of these are my favourites too! Charizard (top favourite since Red), Lapras, Typhlosion (favourite in Generation 2), Sceptile, Feraligatr, Gardevoir (who would have guessed ? ^^), Serperior (Contrary Ability + Leaf Storm -> OP ^^), Tyranitar, but also Swampert, Milotic, Tyrantrum, Magnezone, Salamence, Wailord, ...

Myst Pointo

Lord Pointo
    Years
    Hello Myst Pointo, and welcome to the forums!
    Is Swampert your favourite pokémon ? It sure is one of mine. ^^
    It is nice to meet you too!

Hey,
    I like Swampert a lot but what drew me towards the picture was it's expression.😁😁

Hello there Myst Pointo, and welcome to th PC!

Have you played any Pokemon games? Do you have a favorite?

Well, I am restricted to using Android device right now so only games and hack that work for them but I like to follow all gen games and keep up with new Pokemon.
    I spend most of my time reading fanfictions, Pokemon among them.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Hey,
    I like Swampert a lot but what drew me towards the picture was it's expression.😁😁

Well, I am restricted to using Android device right now so only games and hack that work for them but I like to follow all gen games and keep up with new Pokemon.
    I spend most of my time reading fanfictions, Pokemon among them.

Hello, I merged your 2 posts since they were in a row, but you can always reply to several people at once, just remember to click on Respond for each post you want to reply too and paste them in your reply before writing! You can also edit a post if something went wrong, or if you want to add / modify anything in it. ^^

I love Swampert too! The one I used in Ruby was a one-pokémon-team, plowing through the whole game, League included!

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2023
    Quite similar to our tastes :)
    Cool, lately I've only been playing emulators and pokémon Go
    From so much playing hacks, I have the idea of ​​creating my hack pokémon
    But I'm afraid of making a bad hack

Years
    Quite similar to our tastes :)
    Cool, lately I've only been playing emulators and pokémon Go
    From so much playing hacks, I have the idea of ​​creating my hack pokémon
    But I'm afraid of making a bad hack

It is alright if your ROM hack is not perfect, what matters is for you to have fun, and if people do enjoy playing your game, it is an additional win! ^^

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
    Hi there,
    I'm SteC, but please ignore my member name that I used to sign up 4 years ago when I fancied hacking roms - it's terrible! Here are 5 facts about me and why I decided to make my first post for so long today:

1) I am a lifelong Pokémon fan since it took over the UK in 1998 though I am now a 6-year resident in Japan.
    2) My no. 1 favourite is Aron, and its evolution fine, despite what the Powers That Be thinks about them today. It happened when I began shiny hatching Aron eggs on the just released HeartGold and it grew on me like no other creature had done before. Years later, I am collecting Aron related merchandise from all over the world.
    3) I joined here in the summer of 2019 to try out something for fun as Japanese summers are quite overwhelming. In the short 2 months I lurked around, I managed to do simple hacking methods like incorporating tools and added the Fairy type in FireRed (woo). After I lost interest I held some hope that it may lead me to something else.
    4) Then I returned to try out something new like challenges, seeing as I have been on an achievement kick thanks to some emu gaming. There is a solo challenge I happened to be preparing for and by magic I thought about this site, so hi!
    5) Not sure if anyone has a question for me, but I'm looking to reignite my Pokemon gaming experience that has taken yet another dip despite my enthusiasm for the franchise.

Years
    Hi there,
    I'm SteC, but please ignore my member name that I used to sign up 4 years ago when I fancied hacking roms - it's terrible! Here are 5 facts about me and why I decided to make my first post for so long today:

1) I am a lifelong Pokémon fan since it took over the UK in 1998 though I am now a 6-year resident in Japan.
    2) My no. 1 favourite is Aron, and its evolution fine, despite what the Powers That Be thinks about them today. It happened when I began shiny hatching Aron eggs on the just released HeartGold and it grew on me like no other creature had done before. Years later, I am collecting Aron related merchandise from all over the world.
    3) I joined here in the summer of 2019 to try out something for fun as Japanese summers are quite overwhelming. In the short 2 months I lurked around, I managed to do simple hacking methods like incorporating tools and added the Fairy type in FireRed (woo). After I lost interest I held some hope that it may lead me to something else.
    4) Then I returned to try out something new like challenges, seeing as I have been on an achievement kick thanks to some emu gaming. There is a solo challenge I happened to be preparing for and by magic I thought about this site, so hi!
    5) Not sure if anyone has a question for me, but I'm looking to reignite my Pokemon gaming experience that has taken yet another dip despite my enthusiasm for the franchise.

Hello SteC, and welcome back to the forums!
    It is always great to see returning members who have been playing since the first generations!
    Aron's line is great indeed, and the Defense stat Aggron can have is quite impressive.
    There is always something you can do on the forums, even just have good fun in Pokémon Trivia or Forum Games!
    I wish you good luck for your challenge. ^^
    Besides ROM hacks, have you tried some fan games ? There are some neat ones I could suggest to you!

Back