• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello everyone! I've actually come across Pokecommunity a couple of times but I've actually never thought about joining before until now. I don't know why I waited so long, it was a lot of wasted time honestly.

Hey there! How're you liking it here? I'm new here as well, and yes I definitely agree with you! I use to be apart of other pokemon communities as well, for years, and they just died out and it's really unfortunate honestly. But I'm so glad to see such an active, and friendly!, one around still.

Likewise. Joined a little earlier this month. :0) It's cool to see such a vibrant Pokemon community even to this day. All the stuff on this forum's a little overwhelming in a way good way hehe.

Years
  • Hello everyone! I've actually come across Pokecommunity a couple of times but I've actually never thought about joining before until now. I don't know why I waited so long, it was a lot of wasted time honestly.

Hey there! How're you liking it here? I'm new here as well, and yes I definitely agree with you! I use to be apart of other pokemon communities as well, for years, and they just died out and it's really unfortunate honestly. But I'm so glad to see such an active, and friendly!, one around still.

One of the main issues I've found with some Pokemon forums are that they are either very specific (only 1st gen, only third gen, whatever) or they just die down. I'm loving this because not only can I express my interest in all the Pokemon games, but also discuss the future games as well like ORAS and I'm sure more to come. My idea of active is whenever I come online, there is someone with a new topic of discussion or a new point of interest on a specific thread, and PC does this every time! It's nice. Enjoy your stay!

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2019
    Likewise. Joined a little earlier this month. :0) It's cool to see such a vibrant Pokemon community even to this day. All the stuff on this forum's a little overwhelming in a way good way hehe.

Yeah, definitely! Like when I first joined, I had no direction of where to go. There were many categories and established conversations/relationships that I didn't particularly feel comfortable jumping right into straight away. I've had some time to adjust to it though, and I think I finally feel comfortable posting around rather than lurking.

One of the main issues I've found with some Pokemon forums are that they are either very specific (only 1st gen, only third gen, whatever) or they just die down. I'm loving this because not only can I express my interest in all the Pokemon games, but also discuss the future games as well like ORAS and I'm sure more to come. My idea of active is whenever I come online, there is someone with a new topic of discussion or a new point of interest on a specific thread, and PC does this every time! It's nice. Enjoy your stay!

Yes I completely agree with this. I used to moderate a popular pokemon forum but it's so surprising how the activity for it has died out so severely over the years while places like smogon for example, though highly active, are aggressively competitive and the atmosphere on that forum is a little too intense for me to be honest I guess it's just not my cup of tea but I'm just speaking for myself. I do love the activity and I do love the people so heres to a cheers to staying aboard :D

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah, definitely! Like when I first joined, I had no direction of where to go. There were many categories and established conversations/relationships that I didn't particularly feel comfortable jumping right into straight away. I've had some time to adjust to it though, and I think I finally feel comfortable posting around rather than lurking.

Yes I completely agree with this. I used to moderate a popular pokemon forum but it's so surprising how the activity for it has died out so severely over the years while places like smogon for example, though highly active, are aggressively competitive and the atmosphere on that forum is a little too intense for me to be honest I guess it's just not my cup of tea but I'm just speaking for myself. I do love the activity and I do love the people so heres to a cheers to staying aboard :D
    Hello all :3 Welcome to the forums! I'm glad that you feel this way. Of course there are a lot of established relationships and communities within this community, because if you stay here for a while you're bound to find friends for life here. It really is a community on the web, with pokémon as the uniting theme. So it's nice to know that people feel like it's possible to get into it!

Years
  • Hi I'm KingSpheal and I came here to share a helpful computal gleetch I found on Pokemon Glazed. I don't really know what to say beyond "Hi". I'm a newbie to this place but its been really cool so far :)

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Hi I'm KingSpheal and I came here to share a helpful computal gleetch I found on Pokemon Glazed. I don't really know what to say beyond "Hi". I'm a newbie to this place but its been really cool so far :)
    You should meet my friend Christos, he's the BIGGEST Spheal fan in the WORLD.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hi im new so what do we exactly do here?
    Here in this thread or here on PokéCommunity in general? :)

The answer to the former question is: we chat and give new members a place to get to know each other casually and also to get to know some older members.

The answer to the latter question... is basically the same, haha. Only we chat about specific topics in specific sections of the forums. Browse the place and I'm sure you'll find some part of our community that interests you.

Mammasaurusrex

Super Mom
    Years
  • From what I can tell there are no little things telling everyone how much we have or have not posted. I like that a lot because it makes me feel like post count isn't a competition and like I won't be looked down on because I only have five posts instead of five thousand. :)

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2014
    From what I can tell there are no little things telling everyone how much we have or have not posted. I like that a lot because it makes me feel like post count isn't a competition and like I won't be looked down on because I only have five posts instead of five thousand. :)
    I'm quite new here and I was never looked down upon. As long as you're a good person then thats all that matters!!! :) Post count doesn't matter around here.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    From what I can tell there are no little things telling everyone how much we have or have not posted. I like that a lot because it makes me feel like post count isn't a competition and like I won't be looked down on because I only have five posts instead of five thousand. :)
    You can choose what details of yourself and others you want to see in the postbits (the area beneath or to the right of your avatar) in your options. Postcount is one of those things!

I'm quite new here and I was never looked down upon. As long as you're a good person then thats all that matters!!! :) Post count doesn't matter around here.
    Post count doesn't matter, it just states how many times you've clicked "post" :) Often it can be better with few, well thought out post, than a lot of random nonsense! But it's all up to you, it's just a number.

Welcome to the forums, both of you!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I am new here:) I might cause trouble >:) But I'm glad to be here

New Users' Hangout!

Nah, we all welcome members who like to party! Just don't do anything too wild and everything will be a-okay.

I.e. don't be me (;

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    hello all im ryu0809 this wont be my name for long when i can ill change it to riolu0809 then lucario0809 i hope ican have firiends here :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    hello all im ryu0809 this wont be my name for long when i can ill change it to riolu0809 then lucario0809 i hope ican have firiends here :3

Since you're new and only have 2 posts now, why not just scrap this account and make one called riolu0809 to save you the trouble of waiting four months?

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2014
    Since you're new and only have 2 posts now, why not just scrap this account and make one called riolu0809 to save you the trouble of waiting four months?
    do you you like sailer moon? *i saw from your comment*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm new here and know literally no one...

Help.
    That can be easily helped! Jump into any thread and start chatting friendly with others and you'll make friends in no time! Be sure to browse many different parts of PC to find the sections you like.

If you still feel lost, you're always welcome to drop me a visitor message on my profile and just chat for a bit :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back