• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wings_of_Titanium

Gentleman Adventurer
Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    G'day!

I'm thinking of getting back into pokemon. I haven't played since Gold & Silver, and it all looks very complicated now. I found a set of 3 DS games for cheap, Diamond, Pearl & Platinum, and I'm planning to loan two of them to friends so I have someone to play with.

I thought I'd better come here to see if there's anything I should bear in mind trying to get back into this. The main question on my mind is which of these three is the coolest, so I can keep that one?
    Also, which generation are they? I assume they're all the same one.

I'd also be delighted to hear what I've missed since generation 2. SoulSilver looked pretty cool, I have a copy back in my hometown, but I hardly got to play it, so I'm not counting it. Those who are so inclined, please, opine and expound at your leisure.

Corinton

Zodiac Assassin
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jul 9, 2022
    Hello! I just made a thread but I figured I might as well post in here.

I've played nearly all of the mainstream games (I've owned and played at least one from every gen) and I enjoyed every bit of them xD

I updated my profile with my 3DS friend code if anyone's interested!

Don't be afraid to send a PM sometime, I promise I'll get to it either right away or soon after xD

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    I just made a thread and wow I'm really nervous. This is sorta my first time on any other site besides fanfiction or quotev, well as a user anyway.

Wings_of_Titanium

Gentleman Adventurer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2014
    Thanks, your honour. :)

I thought HeartGold & SoulSilver were 4th generation. Or are all 5 cut from the same cloth? Which generation are we up to now?

Years
  • 1st Gen: Red, Blue, Yellow
    2nd Gen: Gold, Silver, Crystal

3rd Gen: Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen
    4th Gen: Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver
    5th Gen: Black, White, Black 2, White 2
    6th Gen: X, Y
    6th Gen Upcoming: OmegaRuby, AlphaSapphire

There's a split between 2nd and 3rd because 1st and 2nd can trade with each other, but you can't get anything from there onto 3rd Gen games. Anything from 3rd gen on up can be brought forward to 6th Gen, though you need an original DS or DS Lite to go from 3rd to 4th, which uses a feature called the "Pal Park", (held a GBA cartridge in one slot, DS in the other,) then 4th to 5th used a "Catching game" iirc, and from 5th to 6th, you need a paid service through the Nintendo eShop, Pokemon Bank, which costs $5 per year, and the companion program, Pokemon Transporter. It should be noted that Pokemon Bank & Transporter are free programs, the only charge is the $5 per year subscription fee.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2014
    I have this really awesome idea for a heartgold hack and I really want to know what people think about it, so is their a topic where I have to post the idea on or something like that, because I seriously have no idea...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • The Beginners Lounge at the ROM Hacking boards is a perfect place to post your ideas there. I'm sure people will be more than welcome to discuss your idea and possibly bring it to life. Best of luck and welcome aboard to the community!~

Same goes to everyone that joined recently. Welcome aboard! Hope everyone is having a great time.

Years
  • Hello! Another new poster here. I've played Pokemon (games and cards) on and off since Yellow, and I'm more into it now than ever! I've just recently started playing the TCGO, as well, and I'm still getting the hang of that one. Is there a board/thread for people to discuss the online game?

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2015
    Hey everyone. I have a question: How did it feel when you encountered your first legendary? Did you even know how rare it was?

Personally Giratina was my first legendary (kinda sad) but it was the most suspenseful and badass thing I've ever experienced. I was like 11 or 12 and The distortion world seemed like the coolest place in the world, and so Giratina seemed like the coolest Pokemon in the world. And when I finally encountered it, I was so excited. That exhilleration is basically what got me to love Pokemon as much as I already do.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hello! Another new poster here. I've played Pokemon (games and cards) on and off since Yellow, and I'm more into it now than ever! I've just recently started playing the TCGO, as well, and I'm still getting the hang of that one. Is there a board/thread for people to discuss the online game?

Have you checked out the TCG section that's down below the index? Yep, we also have a dedicated section just for cards and such! You'll be amazed as to how much stuff we talk about in terms of the TCG~ Welcome aboard and see ya around. :)

Hey everyone. I have a question: How did it feel when you encountered your first legendary? Did you even know how rare it was?.

I first caught Zapdos using the Master Ball in Red, I was like...9 when I played the game, so I didn't really realize that it was rare only until growing up, because in most games you can't catch it, along with the other legendary birds.

Years
  • Hey everyone. I have a question: How did it feel when you encountered your first legendary? Did you even know how rare it was?

Personally Giratina was my first legendary (kinda sad) but it was the most suspenseful and badass thing I've ever experienced. I was like 11 or 12 and The distortion world seemed like the coolest place in the world, and so Giratina seemed like the coolest Pokemon in the world. And when I finally encountered it, I was so excited. That exhilleration is basically what got me to love Pokemon as much as I already do.

I recall the moment I encountered Groudon in Ruby. That felt really intense for someone who was just 11 at the time, and while I did catch it I wasn't that really impressed with it. I don't really feel as exhilarated with catching legendaries after that, but I still enjoy playing the Pokemon games just as they are.

- Hikamaru

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Hey everyone. I have a question: How did it feel when you encountered your first legendary? Did you even know how rare it was?

I recall back when I first played Blue, the first Legendary I encountered was Zapdos. When I went to the power plant where it was, I felt shocked. (Ok, that was a bad pun). Since that time, I never feel that feeling whenever I encounter a Legendary Pokemon.

Years
  • Hello persons. I've played pokémon for a long time so i joined this place.

well what do you know, likewise!

Hello there guys! Really nice to see the two of you.

I apparently saw you posting around already Nikolai, so it looks like you're having a lot of fun so far. There's so much you can check out here for discussions so take a look around and see what interests you, and along the way there's really awesome people you'll get to meet.

I'm always open if you two ever want someone to talk to, so don't hesitate to shoot a visitor message my way! I'll hopefully continue to see you two posting around, so have fun and enjoy your stay!

- Hikamaru

Treezard

PokeTre
    Years
  • Hey y'all I'm new, I am from atlanta, I've been playing and watching pokemon for 13 years now (give or take), My favorite pokemon is Treeko (only grass type I'll ever use) And I love hacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back