• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey y'all I'm new, I am from atlanta, I've been playing and watching pokemon for 13 years now (give or take), My favorite pokemon is Treeko (only grass type I'll ever use) And I love hacks.

Well hi there Treezard! Nice to see another longtime Pokemon fan, 13 years is almost as long as I've been a fan so it's a sign you're very dedicated. I have been into Pokemon for 15 years so it's very close.

Also, I assume you're hyped for OR/AS? It's because you love Treecko and 3rd Gen (it would be a shock to me if you weren't a Hoenn fan) and I wonder what you think of Mega Sceptile? They turn their backs towards the opponent and shoot the tree from their tails. It's a pretty cool thing they've got I have to say. I'm more personally a Mudkip person, but Treecko's cool on its own too.

And I have seen you posting in the ROM Hacking boards so it looks like you're having fun at the moment, and hacks are popular so it's no surprise you joined for them. PC produced a lot of the popular hacks, and I think that's what makes the hacking community here such a success.

Guess I should just end this here, and let you continue enjoying the community. Have a great time with us, and if you ever want to chat I'm always open to do so!

- Hikamaru

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2020
    Hi! I am new here.I am interested in ROM hacking.I am trying to follow some tutorials here.

Treezard

PokeTre
    Years
  • Well hi there Treezard! Nice to see another longtime Pokemon fan, 13 years is almost as long as I've been a fan so it's a sign you're very dedicated. I have been into Pokemon for 15 years so it's very close.

Also, I assume you're hyped for OR/AS? It's because you love Treecko and 3rd Gen (it would be a shock to me if you weren't a Hoenn fan) and I wonder what you think of Mega Sceptile? They turn their backs towards the opponent and shoot the tree from their tails. It's a pretty cool thing they've got I have to say. I'm more personally a Mudkip person, but Treecko's cool on its own too.

And I have seen you posting in the ROM Hacking boards so it looks like you're having fun at the moment, and hacks are popular so it's no surprise you joined for them. PC produced a lot of the popular hacks, and I think that's what makes the hacking community here such a success.

Guess I should just end this here, and let you continue enjoying the community. Have a great time with us, and if you ever want to chat I'm always open to do so!

- Hikamaru

Wierdly enough I'm a Johto fan, I am hype for OR/AS, and OMGees Mega Treeko and Charizard are my favorite two starter Megas

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2015
    Hey guys Im a new guy here(Pretty obvious) anyways if anyone can recomend me a good GBA Rom Hack to play I would be pleased.
    (I already have Dark rising and so far I Love It)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    Iim new....but for me I stopped at Generation 4. Its not that I think Pokemon isn't good anymore, but for me each pokemon game just offers me so much that I spend months on a single one. Too many events and It has gotten to the point that im overwhelmed.

I feel very content with Gen 1 through 4.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey guys Im a new guy here(Pretty obvious) anyways if anyone can recomend me a good GBA Rom Hack to play I would be pleased.
    (I already have Dark rising and so far I Love It)

Have you checked out the Hacks Showcase section in the forums? There's a lot of ROM hacks for you to check out. One I do recommend is Flora Sky and Liquid Crystal, both of them were critically acclaimed. Good luck and welcome aboard! Feel free to come to me or any staffer if you have any questions. <3

Iim new....but for me I stopped at Generation 4. Its not that I think Pokemon isn't good anymore, but for me each pokemon game just offers me so much that I spend months on a single one. Too many events and It has gotten to the point that im overwhelmed.

I feel very content with Gen 1 through 4.

I guess Pokemon does seem to get overwhelmed when a new generation comes around, especially with new game mechanics and such. If you feel comfortable with a certain generation, then it's not that much of a bad thing at all! It's all up to you on how you want to enjoy Pokemon and you have the choice to move at your own pace.

Welcome! We do have sections of each generation where you can discuss Pokemon at your own pace, and I hope you have a greeeeat time :D

I never saw this before when I started joined here.... anyway so far I am liking the forum

Glad you do! Welcome aboard, dear. Hope you are having fun settling in here. :3

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2014
    Hey,

My name is drew, I am new here. SO i recently got back into pokemon with x and y and am loving it. Before that the last generation I played was silver and gold versions a long time ago haha. Anyways loving x and y and there is a lot more depth and hard to wrap my head around. Im here because i love pokemon obviously and want to learn more about the depth and be able to trade more.
    Thanks
    looking forward to meeting new pokemon friends.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    Hello, everyone! Nice to meet you all. ^-^ How are you all doing? Anyone get far into ORAS yet? =]

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2015
    Hey all, Redd here~

Just joined officially a few days ago, so yeah :p I've been a pokemon fan for around 12 years, the little critters just fascinated me{:3} I'm interested in Rom hacking, have been for a while now, so I'm open to any tips, tutorials, whatever!
    .~ReddboneOut

Years
  • Hey,

My name is drew, I am new here. SO i recently got back into pokemon with x and y and am loving it. Before that the last generation I played was silver and gold versions a long time ago haha. Anyways loving x and y and there is a lot more depth and hard to wrap my head around. Im here because i love pokemon obviously and want to learn more about the depth and be able to trade more.
    Thanks
    looking forward to meeting new pokemon friends.

Hi there Airness! I'm really excited to be able to welcome you today because it's always nice to see another fresh face heading into the forums.

The last generation you played was 2nd Gen? That is a lot of games you missed, but hopefully you can go back and catch up on what you missed. 6th Gen is like a huge graphical leap compared to other generations so it's definitely harder to adjust to, but the 3D models make the Pokemon feel more "alive" now which is just amazing.

Also, I'd be happy to direct you towards the Trade Corner section if you're interested in trading. It's fairly active so you'll definitely enjoy it.

hi I'm new looking for new friends and seeing if any old ones are on here. any one want to be my friend? any one know me?

No, I don't believe we have met each other yet, but I'm still happy to be accepted as a new friend!

I'm not sure if you'll run into anyone familiar since we are a huge forum but it's always cool to make new friends as well, and given how diverse everyone is there's surely someone who may share something in common with you. Anyways, have fun and enjoy your stay with us!

Hey I'm new here. What should I check out first?

Well, why not tell us about yourself? Getting to know what your interests are can really help us recommend sections you might like. We have discussions about Pokemon, battling, trading, roleplaying, ROM hacks, clubs, and even just plain chit-chat!

You can explore at your own pace and see what catches your eye but no matter where you decide to hang out, you'll be assured that you'll enjoy the community and hopefully make some new friends. The staff members are also always around if you need them, just look for the bolded usernames!

Have a blast with us and I'll see you around yeah?

Hello, everyone! Nice to meet you all. ^-^ How are you all doing? Anyone get far into ORAS yet? =]

I haven't got OR/AS yet (waiting until Christmas in my case) but I can assure the games look really beautiful based on what I've seen in screenshots and videos, so definitely all the more hyped to explore Hoenn again just like I did when I played the original versions when I was just 11.

There's so much you can do here, so feel free to visit what tickles your fancy. Do stick around and I'll see you!

Hey all, Redd here~

Just joined officially a few days ago, so yeah :p I've been a pokemon fan for around 12 years, the little critters just fascinated me{:3} I'm interested in Rom hacking, have been for a while now, so I'm open to any tips, tutorials, whatever!
    .~ReddboneOut

And hello to you as well! PC is famous for its hackers so you picked one of the best communities for that. The ROM Hacking forums here have pretty much everything you need to become a successful hacker.

My ideal spots to recommend are the Beginner's Lounge where you can ask questions and learn the basics of hacking in general. There's also a section for tools, which you can use while making your hack, and then we have the Hacks Studio to eventually show off your finished hack. You'll definitely have fun over there, and with three helpful mods - karatekid552, Christos and hashtag to assist you if you ever have questions.

Good luck with your hack and we hope you enjoy it here at PC!

- Hikamaru

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2015
    Well, why not tell us about yourself? Getting to know what your interests are can really help us recommend sections you might like. We have discussions about Pokemon, battling, trading, roleplaying, ROM hacks, clubs, and even just plain chit-chat!

You can explore at your own pace and see what catches your eye but no matter where you decide to hang out, you'll be assured that you'll enjoy the community and hopefully make some new friends. The staff members are also always around if you need them, just look for the bolded usernames!

Have a blast with us and I'll see you around yeah?

- Hikamaru

Thanks Hikamaru and I like battling and rom hacks the most, but I find the TCG discussions really interesting.

Lexa

My maturity level depends on who I'm with. ;D
    Years
  • Hello. :)
    I'm Alexa but I go by various nicknames. My most popular ones are Dex and Dixie!
    I'm 21 years of age. I reside in Florida. I'm happily engaged. I'm an equine photographer.
    My Instagram account ID is equine.rescue for anyone curious to peek at my images. :)
    I also have an Instagram for my TCG collection. The ID is pokemon.kards!
    I'm a huge animal lover. I love to travel, listen to music, watch movies, etc.
    I'm hugely addicted to playing the online TCG game!

I started TCG collecting in '99.
    I phased out of Pokemon for a long, long time. I just picked it back up!
    I'm really loving the X/Y Phantom Forces cards! I have a new addiction.

Some of my favorite Pokemon are (looks wise):
    - Ponya
    - Rapidash
    - Vulpix
    - Vaporeon
    - Lugia
    - Pikachu
    - Gengar
    - Luvdisc
    - Combee

I'm incredibly overwhelmed by all of the collections and decks now! :'(
    Is there a website that has a list of every deck, every card ever released?

Anyways, it's nice to "meet" everyone! I hope to chat with all of you sometime.
    Feel free to shoot me a message to chat! I'm an open book! :)

Years
  • Hi Alexa! It's fantastic having you here, welcome. ^_^ You should open up an introduction thread when you can, would be a bit better than posting in the hangout.. though of course you're welcome to post here if you prefer. :)

Not too sure about websites that list every deck and card but I'd imagine Bulbapedia would be close enough (or perhaps Pokebeach as they're more known for the TCG aspect). Nice having card collectors here - we could use more of 'em. I mostly like them for the artwork and can't wait to buy more when I'm a little less stingy with money, lol.

MurderKode

PokeCritic,PokePower
    Years
  • i just joined and wanted to get to know other emembers and the site sooo Name:MurderKode Favorite thing to do: Be a pokemon game critic Goal:Idk
    Ok Bye!

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    hey everyone! my first time here hope to have fun and learn from the veterans here.

Welcome GalladeTHEknight! I'm not really a veteran persay even though I might be an old member, because I've mostly lurked around and not really done much posting, but feel free to ask any questions if there's anything you're wondering about.

i just joined and wanted to get to know other emembers and the site sooo Name:MurderKode Favorite thing to do: Be a pokemon game critic Goal:Idk
    Ok Bye!

Hey there MurderKode! It's nice of you to come here. :3
    That's quite an interesting thing to do, haha. But I can understand that there's a lot of things to critique Pokémon about, so I can see what that would be fun.

I hope you both enjoy your stay! Feel free to VM me if you're up for a chat or something similar.

MurderKode

PokeCritic,PokePower
    Years
  • Hey there MurderKode! It's nice of you to come here. :3
    That's quite an interesting thing to do, haha. But I can understand that there's a lot of things to critique Pokémon about, so I can see what that would be fun.

I hope you both enjoy your stay! Feel free to VM me if you're up for a chat or something similar.

Thanks so far i like this site and exploring all of the projects and chats

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back