• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New vehicles?

blue

gucci
Years
  • So looking back through the Pokemon Sun & Moon section of the trailer in the direct, there seems to be artwork for numerous vehicles. We saw the introduction of taxis in Pokemon X & Y, do you think this could be an expansion on this as a new method of transport? Would you like to be able to own your own vehicle?

Spoiler:

Discuss!

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Nov 23, 2017
    Maybe for sidequests you use them. Like driving Pokemon to the center or putting out fires?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I'm not sure if I like the modernization of the games, the classic bicycle really had its charm. I doubt they would let a ten year old kid drive a car really. :P

It's probably something public, an ambulance and a Blastoise fire engine maybe. I don't know about that car with the Furfrou though... It looks a bit random to me.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I'm not sure if I like the modernization of the games, the classic bicycle really had its charm. I doubt they would let a ten year old kid drive a car really. :P

It's probably something public, an ambulance and a Blastoise fire engine maybe. I don't know about that car with the Furfrou though... It looks a bit random to me.

I agree that I don't care for us driving the vehicles, but I do like the idea of using them more.

Also the players haven't been 10 in a long time game wise. I think in BW they were like 14 at the start. ORAS confirmed that we were like 12 in the games. And I am pretty sure we can say we were 14/15 in XY

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    One of the best parts about the world of pokemon is how simple it is.
    They have video games and computers, but they don't need cars, and I like it that way.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I was disappointed back in BW when we couldn't ride the trucks we saw on Skyarrow bridge and was equally disappointed with the limited thing we can do with the taxi service. I hope we do get to ride the vehicles shown and probably have some minigames or some stuff with it.

Imagine where you play as a Pokemon doctor in the ambulance.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I was disappointed back in BW when we couldn't ride the trucks we saw on Skyarrow bridge and was equally disappointed with the limited thing we can do with the taxi service. I hope we do get to ride the vehicles shown and probably have some minigames or some stuff with it.

Imagine where you play as a Pokemon doctor in the ambulance.

I know right. Those games were incredibly modern yet the fact that we couldn't use any modern form of transportation other than a bike and our own shoes was irritating.

That would be a bit too childlike, I think. I don't think they could handle that in a way that wouldn't come across as aimed at only children. It would be cool if you quickly have to drive to a location, revive a Pokemon or something - and do missions to collect items to bring to 'em.

Years
  • One of the best parts about the world of pokemon is how simple it is.
    They have video games and computers, but they don't need cars, and I like it that way.

This.

I always liked the simplicity of Pokemon, and while the new vehicle concept art may look impressive, I'm still likely expecting the protagonist to travel by walking, bicycle, rollerskates and so on.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Wasn't this rumored back when info about Black/White started coming in? Considering that the player character probably won't be of age to drive I doubt the would let driving be a feature.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Yup, when the pre-release images of Route 4 and the Skyarrow Bridge started coming in, people started speculating that we would get to drive some cars.

Here's the thing with cars, though. The routes would have to be specifically designed to accommodate for you being in a vehicle of that size, and I think that would feel kind of weird. Paved roads and highways means little to no tall grass, after all. And there would probably be significantly less NPCs in areas where you could drive, including cities. The routes/cities would have to be designed around the car lanes, instead of just...being Pokémon routes/cities, I guess.

Now, they could do something like in X & Y where a few routes were accessible only by riding a Pokémon; so in this case, a few routes have you driving a car. But people seemed to not like those routes in X & Y, and I'd assume it's because they were very visually unappealing and just boring to navigate overall. I think something similar would come about if it was the same but in a car.

Speaking of riding your Pokémon in X & Y, I'd honestly rather they refine and polish the "mount" system of X & Y than get a car in these games.

Although, that "Pokémon Center Van" is definitely intriguing. Maybe it will appear randomly on routes to help you heal your Pokémon? I think that would be cool.

jombii

Years
  • rollerskates

Oh no. Do not bring back the skates. I think many people find it hard to control and not having the option to not use it (except using the D-pad which is boring as hell compared to the joystick) is annoying. Sure, the tricks were great but only if you managed to pull it off. Give me a faster running shoes and away with the skates.

Years
  • I never minded the skates, but I recall they were a badly negative feature of XY. Maybe if they do return, they need to be able to just be able to be equipped and unequipped in the Key Items menu instead of needing to use the control pad.

jombii

Years
  • I never minded the skates, but I recall they were a badly negative feature of XY. Maybe if they do return, they need to be able to just be able to be equipped and unequipped in the Key Items menu instead of needing to use the control pad.

control pad that's what it's called.

Yes please. It's not really something the players asked for as running shoes speed was already something good. Maybe bring back Mach and Acro bike but I guess that was a Hoenn-only feature.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    Since I first started speculating about Hawaii being a possibility for the next region, I was thinking about something^^. How about a longboard as an option similiar to the skates? In my oppionion it would be pretty awesome to use it, especially on coastal roads:3.

Back