• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New vehicles?

Years
  • Since I first started speculating about Hawaii being a possibility for the next region, I was thinking about something^^. How about a longboard as an option similiar to the skates? In my oppionion it would be pretty awesome to use it, especially on coastal roads:3.

Game Freak actually had an idea to use a skateboard in 2nd Gen if I recall, before they ended up settling on the traditional bicycle. It would be interesting if they tried to bring it up again with S/M.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I hate driving in real life, but man, do I love driving vehicles in video games. I hope they have some kind of option to drive a car of some sort, even if it's for a short period of time. Bike riding just doesn't feel as cool or epic as driving along the highway, with your Pokemon in the backseat.

Though honestly, it's most likely that these trucks, if they have any relevant beyond just being random background objects, will just be used as a quick transportation service between areas like the cabs. Which is also neat, if it was not just confined to a single city, but definitely not as awesome as driving your own car. A girl can dream, can't she?

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
  • Oh no. Do not bring back the skates. I think many people find it hard to control and not having the option to not use it (except using the D-pad which is boring as hell compared to the joystick) is annoying. Sure, the tricks were great but only if you managed to pull it off. Give me a faster running shoes and away with the skates.

Whaaat. The skates were fun as! I really enjoyed them.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I really wouldn't want cities to look like a smoggy city.
    Besides, where would pokemon live? if you just drive arund all day, you couldn't battle, and the game would be boring!

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
  • Aren't the characters normally aged through 10-14, though?

Then again, considering that your character is travelling throughout the region during that age without an adult, I don't think Pokemon really relies on making sense in the aspect, lol {XD}

If you can travel through an entire region when you're 10 alone (some even earlier if you want to mention Bug Catchers), I don't see why Pokemon wouldn't stray far from letting your character drive. There's little to no emphasis on your age group anyways in-game.

But those screenshots seem to be like emergency vehicles, minus those Pick-up trucks. Pretty sure the car with the Blastoise is supposed to be like a Fire Engine, and that the one with the Machamp is more than likely a mechanic . Maybe it's going to be like Lumiose or Castelia and you're going to be in a thriving city, where there is traffic and you walk on sidewalks. Having cars would add more emphasis on it being a populous city

We may see another massive city like Lumoise/Castelia too since those cities been loved by the community for it's vastness so it's plausible.

If we ride anything, I wanna ride Pokemon again like in X/Y. That was a really nice feature. Maybe they can expand upon that a not just have it be one little section on the game, and not keep it to one Pokemon only that you can ride

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'd like to own a car, but ha, for now I'm not gonna expect too much about them. Maybe they'll work similarly to the Lumiose Cab or perhaps they are moving stalls.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • When I was younger than 16 and playing the Pokemon games, I had wished we could drive back then. But now that I'm in my 20's with my own life, I don't seem to want it as much. :P

On a semi-related note... there's one thing in the speculation about the fire trucks that I don't get. People are taking the green color of the fire trucks as a sign that we're going to Hawaii. Don't they realize that color can be found on fire trucks everywhere else in the US and not just Hawaii? I live in Wyoming, and we have both the red trucks and the green trucks, but the green trucks are much more common.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Based on the concept art, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that transportation may play a bigger part than usual in these games. One of the vechicles shown looks like a portable Pokemon Center of sorts for starters. Maybe getting around certain areas may require the use of taxis like back with the Lumiose Cabs.

For personal use maybe they'll expand the options of travel for yourself. It's a stretch that don't see to be feasibly happening, but you never know.

F1refly

Stuff and things
    Years
  • Those are all clearly offroad vehicles. So they'll likely be driving on dirt roads or even through the wilderness. Assuming these are drivable vehicles. But, what could be interesting is that if this is based on Hawaii I doubt we'll be seeing any "massive" cities, probably towns like we're used.

Back