• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Way to Talk to Characters

pichuspark

looooooooooooooool :3
Years
  • Wait, his mouth was moving? O_O

That sounds like what they do at the Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force games. I know this game isn't for the 3DS and all, but it sounds like Game Freak is now making these Pokemon games look like your average Yu-Gi-Oh! PSP game (knowing about the improved graphics...)

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Omg this new changes are not pokemon like at all [/sarcasm]

Seriously, I like these changes. It shows the hard work that Game Freak is putting into this game and the fact that they are given characters a more active role in the storyline has me won over x3

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • OH WOW! that's something i NEVER thought of... or didn't think i would EVER see
    in the Pokemon games... it's cool =D

Aberash

blends in with the shadows
    Years
  • I thinks it neat that you see a zoom of the charter your talking to face. The mouth moving thing okay but its not great

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    I thinks it neat that you see a zoom of the charter your talking to face. The mouth moving thing okay but its not great

I don't think it would be zooming, it probably be the screen fading to black and then fading to the guy's face. Doesn't seem very promising to me.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I don't think it would be zooming, it probably be the screen fading to black and then fading to the guy's face. Doesn't seem very promising to me.

Nothing seems promising if you look at negatively. At least they bother to show more cinematic interactions and events rather than just talking to a 3D model.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Nothing seems promising if you look at negatively. At least they bother to show more cinematic interactions and events rather than just talking to a 3D model.

Look-- I don't like the overload of negativity on this site either, but this is Pichu's opinion, he's entitled to it and we all need to respect it.

That being said, I'm pretty indifferent to this change. Mostly because I'm not exactly sure how it works, so I'll have to wait until we see that. I actually kind of agree with Pichu, I'll be sort of frustrated if it throws off the pacing. However, I tend to read everything slowly and carefully anyway, so it may not make a difference.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Look-- I don't like the overload of negativity on this site either, but this is Pichu's opinion, he's entitled to it and we all need to respect it.

That being said, I'm pretty indifferent to this change. Mostly because I'm not exactly sure how it works, so I'll have to wait until we see that. I actually kind of agree with Pichu, I'll be sort of frustrated if it throws off the pacing. However, I tend to read everything slowly and carefully anyway, so it may not make a difference.

You're my new best friend, it's a FORUM on the internet. MistahDude is making the meme "the interwebz is srs bsness" seem real. And yes it may affect the pacing. And I may read the story carefully because I do that. But if it changes to a portrait all of a sudden it may throw me off track a little and ruin the pacing. That's a problem that I see, but I do like that Game Freak is trying to make a change. It's probably going to get a little getting used to because this is one of their few changes in 15 years.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • You're my new best friend, it's a FORUM on the internet. MistahDude is making the meme "the interwebz is srs bsness" seem real. And yes it may affect the pacing. And I may read the story carefully because I do that. But if it changes to a portrait all of a sudden it may throw me off track a little and ruin the pacing. That's a problem that I see, but I do like that Game Freak is trying to make a change. It's probably going to get a little getting used to because this is one of their few changes in 15 years.

Oh haha, thanks. I agree, I love all this change being thrown at me, but I'm so used to it by now that nothing seems to surprise me anymore. As you said, the fade-to-black sequences, if apparent, could take a long time. Hopefully, It just takes the place of the bottom screen. Maye it's not even for important characters, but important parts of the story to ensure you pay attention.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well I like the flow of how it looks:), though for those who don't they have there own opinions about it and they should express them, only don't repeat it to much...

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • This type of image makes the game more like an RPG. We already had a form of this in Mystery Dungeon.

Yeah, although imo those look way better, and it's more "our-generation-like" /In my opinion
    I kinda like it c:
    You could replace the "our-generation-like" thing by something like "Newish" if you prefer >.>

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
  • yeah what i'm probably guessing too is that the Sprite Overworld will be on the Top
    Screen and the Full Animated parts might be on the bottom... or Possibly the main Screen will switch to lower part and the Animated part shows on the Top
    and if they DO, do this then i can only see it happening for certain people
    1) just the Rival, Main Boss, and Champion
    or
    2) those three, along with all the Gym Leaders and E4 (but this might be too much for me xD
    what would really be awkward/cool if they Do Voice Overs O_O;
    don't really know if i'm ready for that in a Pokemon game though ^^;

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Lame. The guy's mouth moves and that's it. Horrible, horrible, horrible move in my opinion. They are moving away from something that was effective and it worked. This makes no difference, as a matter of fact, I think this makes it worse.

I agree. What was wrong with the old way of doing things? If this happens with every single character it would be so, so annoying and slow the game down. I hope they just keep it as a thing for important characters, like Gym Leaders and the Rival. -.- Personally, I hate it when people's mouths move whilst you're reading the text. It looks...well, a bit dumb.

/opinion

PrinceBlackheart

Taking Revenge on Dusknior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    I think its pretty stupid.I mean moving your mouth and getting close-ups really isn't that cool.

SpawnHyuuga

Elite Four Spawn
    Years
  • It looks nice - looking forward to maybe have the 3DS have a 3d head model instead? xD

It could happen...anyone who is not open to change or optimistic right now is just crying for nostalgia.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • It looks nice - looking forward to maybe have the 3DS have a 3d head model instead? xD

It could happen...anyone who is not open to change or optimistic right now is just crying for nostalgia.

Or...they just don't like it. People who don't automatically fawn all over the new B/W reveals are not all nostalgia fanboys. Stop confusing the two.

Years
  • They look good and that is it, I don't understand all the whine this game is getting.

''It does not look good'' ''Camera zoom is lame'' ''Cinematics suck'' ''Zekrom looks like Palkia/Digimon'' ''Gear is unoriginal'' ''They look like Digimon'' ''They don't look like Pokemon''

I wanna hear few answers from wise people of this forum.

1: What does Pokemon look like?

2: What does Digimon look like?

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • You made absolutely no sense, I didn't even say "if". And I said nothing like "But it could___________" either. And how does it ruin excitement? I said I don't like it. It's my opinion, and sorry for making you angry with my opinion.

And I'm ruining things by saying my opinions. This is a FORUM, it's based on people's opinions.

Getting back to the thread, I think it will go black and the face will appear (unless it's another screen). And why can't I be negative? You may think it's wonderful, and I may not think it's wonderful.

Oh? Well, IF you dislikes it, don't buy, simple, yes?
    Pokemon aren't going to be whining over a loss, since many still love it, and there will always be new fans ;)

And I absolutely love it!
    *Remembers my YGO games, it rocks!*

They look good and that is it, I don't understand all the whine this game is getting.

''It does not look good'' ''Camera zoom is lame'' ''Cinematics suck'' ''Zekrom looks like Palkia/Digimon'' ''Gear is unoriginal'' ''They look like Digimon'' ''They don't look like Pokemon''

I wanna hear few answers from wise people of this forum.

1: What does Pokemon look like?

2: What does Digimon look like?

Exactly. Seriously guys, if you all are so great, stop complaining and go make a game yourself and compare, you think it's so easy, oui?

Back