• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Way to Talk to Characters

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Mystery Dungeon had the things move though, not just a creepy face with only the mouth moving. They had cutscenes in Mystery Dungeon, BW should have cutscenes too. I think it's a bit of lazyness for Game Freak or they want to be Japanese like all the other RPGs.

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • Ehm...not to ruim the excitement, but this will probably be only for important events: remember this:
    Spoiler:

however I love this new feature, especially because I spot a more deep in the character.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • that was a pretty cool video, I personally don't really care whether they do the thing with his face or not but it would be cool if they did. Just probably not with every person.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Oh? Well, IF you dislikes it, don't buy, simple, yes?
    Pokemon aren't going to be whining over a loss, since many still love it, and there will always be new fans ;)

And I absolutely love it!
    *Remembers my YGO games, it rocks!*

Exactly. Seriously guys, if you all are so great, stop complaining and go make a game yourself and compare, you think it's so easy, oui?

Now really, this is totally unfair too. Just because he's worried about this aspect of the game doesn't mean he hates the whole thing. What Legend is saying is different than just "OMG POKEEMANZ SUKZ NAO OMG UGLY UGLY UGLY." In that case, it might be relevant to use the terribly cliche argument "don't buy it", but really, this is just another way to cast away someone's opinion because it's negative. I want everyone to look at the statement below:

It is okay for someone to be worried about a game being bad.

It's okay. It is perfectly fine if someone isn't quite as excited or optimistic as you or I. Also, this discussion isn't even about the whole digimon/pokemon comparison so I don't see why it was brought up at all.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2014
    :/

I get frustrated at the fact that the text speed is so slow (even on fast). So I can't imagine that I would enjoy this feature. This will slow the game down even more. But... it could be kind of fun, maybe? We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • :/

I get frustrated at the fact that the text speed is so slow (even on fast). So I can't imagine that I would enjoy this feature. This will slow the game down even more. But... it could be kind of fun, maybe? We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

You will be able to change the text speeds. The default is slow.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    They look good and that is it, I don't understand all the whine this game is getting.

''It does not look good'' ''Camera zoom is lame'' ''Cinematics suck'' ''Zekrom looks like Palkia/Digimon'' ''Gear is unoriginal'' ''They look like Digimon'' ''They don't look like Pokemon''

I wanna hear few answers from wise people of this forum.

1: What does Pokemon look like?

2: What does Digimon look like?

It does not look good... so what? That doesn't mean I should get flamed for not liking something. It's not like I'm going, "OMG OMG THIS IS THE WORST F****** THING EVER!" When it obviously isn't. People don't seem to understand it's a forum, you're allowed to give you're on personal opinion without getting carried away. And I wasn't getting carried away, people are hating on me for no reason because I have my own opinion. It's kinda pathetic if you would ask me.

Oh? Well, IF you dislikes it, don't buy, simple, yes?
    Pokemon aren't going to be whining over a loss, since many still love it, and there will always be new fans ;)

And I absolutely love it!
    *Remembers my YGO games, it rocks!*

Exactly. Seriously guys, if you all are so great, stop complaining and go make a game yourself and compare, you think it's so easy, oui?

When did I complain, I never said, "GAME FREAK, FIX THIS!!!" You get your facts straight, and all that was said above to Pandemonioum applies to you too. I'm sick of people not understanding people's opinions. Read my posts in this thread carefully, all I said is that I don't like it. And I think it's a horrible move by Game Freak. And I will definitely but the games (OMG! He doesn't like something and he's still getting the game!). Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's the end of the world. One bad thing doesn't kill the entire foundation.

Or...they just don't like it. People who don't automatically fawn all over the new B/W reveals are not all nostalgia fanboys. Stop confusing the two.

^This, there's a difference between not liking it and being blinded by nostalgia. Nostalgia fanboys would say stupid stuff like, "Ugh! Reshiram has a torch shoved up its butt!" When they don't realize that the same can be said for a Pikachu, "Eww! It has a lightning bolt shoved up its butt!" When you call people nostalgia fanboys when they aren't, it's like calling people haters because they don't like a new flavor of ice cream when they love all other flavors. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that's a realistic comparison when people without knowledge call people nostalgia fanboys when they have their own opinions which differ from other people's opinions.

Last edited:

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • This is very unique for a Pokemon game, after all, Megaman Battle Network/Starforce does it, but usually as a small portrait in the corner of the text box, so they must be trying to compete with Capcoms concepts.......

Back