• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New years Eve!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    We just bang the pots and blow horns all night until we fade out. We also watch the fireworks that the other people have. Then, we eat at exactly 12:00 AM. 8)

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    I usually go to my aunts house and go crazy with fireworks :3

Then, we all stay up until 12 and watch the ball thing go off, haha.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Ours will be boring as heck. Just the family watching the ball thingy drop. Last year I fell asleep at 9:45 and didn't feel like I missed anything.

For once I'd like to party or do something exciting, but alas it is not to be:/

Enlightened~Espeon

We go way back..
    Years
    We always either go to my grandma's and stay up till 12 or go to this one thing where we get to sled and watch fireworks and get hot cocoa and stay up till 12 at my house and at 12 we a take a drink of apple juice or some other kind of fruit juice(no wine).

angel

Kairi's Nobody
    Years
    We usually to over to a relatives house, usually its my grandma's but a couple times it was my aunt's house. The whole family comes together, and its a big family, if you include the babies. We usually eat and visit and then all gather around the tv to watch the ball drop. Though one year my brothers and I watched the ball drop from downstairs, my first time hearing Green Day.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I just stay up with my family to midnight in this room where the T.V. is and watch the ball drop, er, or something like that. Then I just watch other T.V. or go on the computer for about a half-hour, and go to bed.

Akita

Returned
    Years
    We usually go to the house of one of our family friends (who usually hosts it). There are usually a lot of people there; I'm not sure how many. I usually sleep in the afternoon so I have the energy to stay up all night.

It's the only night of the year that I am allowed to drink...
    & yes, like everyone else, we turn on the TV at 11:30 so we'll get to see the ball drop at midnight. I never understood that tradition, but it's all good.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    This year I'll be celebrating at one of my aunt's place, the entire family will probably be there, which will mean that a huuuuge amount of fireworks will be set off.

Allright, I thought I should let you guys what kind of fireworks I got this year:

First things first, I wanted to have a big cake to set of at midnight, here's what I've bought:
    Panther from the Diamond Collection. A great multishot which was (imo) pretty cheap for the effects you get, it has a great finale. And because 2 shots with different effects are fired simultaneously, it's really beautiful to see.

next up I ordered this one, a smaller cake, but still one with pretty awesome effects for being a low-budget cake:
    Flower assault from the Star Collection
    Cakes are always much more spectacular when multiple shots are fired at the same time. And they gotta have a cool finale.

Then again, 2 cakes aren't enough to keep me satisfied for the entire evening so I also bought the Lidu box 2.
    New years Eve!

This package contains various pieces like 2 fountains, 2 heavy rockets,2 roman candles, 4 single shot mortars and 4 multishot cakes. I couldn't find any videos of the articles in here, as packages rarely get demonstrated at firework demos. The cakes from the package might not be as impressive as the ones above, which is a bit understandable if you compare the prices. ( as Panther and Flower Assault combined are almost as expansive as the lidu box.)

I also got some firecrackers and jumping jacks to pass the time.

I spent more then €100 on fireworks, which really is a big amount of money. still, this isn't much compared to what my uncles and some of my cousins have spent on fireworks.

Anyway, watch and enjoy! And a happy new year!

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Once It hits midnight and I drink my 7th can of Dr. Pepper, I am gonna go to the woods near my house and camp out and stay there for the night.

I've already got what I need:

• A tent
    • Food & water
    • A wooden sword (in case I encounter something not friendly.)
    • A torch/flashlight

My mission
    To confront fear itself

Wish me luck guys.
    My neighborhood is extremely boring to the point of not having parties. >>

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    When i was age 5-14 i spent my new years eve munching and staying up to see the ball drop.

When i was 15 i went to a party.

Last year i stayed home and just sleept.

This year ima munch on food and Be on the forums all day and night.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    Well, I'm going to spend the night having a party by myself. And I don't care how lame other people will think it sounds, it's going to be totally rad. There's really no better way to celebrate 2010 being over than listening and singing karaoke to really old music, right? :D And when I'm watching the New Year's ball drop, I'm going to listen to Party Like it's 1999, because that's what I'll be doing. :3 And of course, I'll take a few breaks from singing to watch the Doctor Who marathon. Although The End of Time is on right before midnight, and I'm not having any part of that.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Just going to watch the fireworks on tv at midnight I guess.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I hide away from the fireworks every new year because I'm scared of them (and firework night too, but not the point) while my family goes out to watch them for a while, afterwards we stay up uberly late just watching films and eating chocolates what we got at christmas. Just looking at elarmsecreta's picture of fireworks scares me. XD This year I was going to sleep early, but eh, I couldn't sleep so watching films and harrasing the forums will do.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    It's 5:20 here now, and I just got back from a party at my aunt's in Belgium (70 minute drive from where I live)

It was awesome, even though there was significant less fireworks being set off then previous years.

Anyway, Cold Fusio, I got hit once by a rocket on new years eve 2001/02. I saw a bottle with a rocket being set off at the other end of the street, and before I knew, it fell over, hitting me on my leg. Nothing to serious though, fortunately. Though I still have scars on my legg.

I'm still a bit scared of rockets, but we now stick a 1m long PVC pipe 50cm in the ground, to make sure it's impossible for rockets to fall over. and my aunt lives at a farm, so there are no other people other then us setting of fireworks.

Last edited:

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I usually party with some friends.
    This time I couldn't though, my sis went somewhere far away so I basically just sat with the fam.

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
    My New Year's is always boring. =[ Me and my parents just stay up to watch the whole ball drop deal in New York. Too bad it's not even live considering I'm 3 hours behind NY.

It's still 2010 here, in fact. And we aren't doing anything. =[ We didn't even eat or drink anything special. It's just like a normal day except my mom happens to be awake. *sigh*

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    New Years Eve is usually one of the few days / nights within the year that I actually party. This year, however, I'm spending the New Years sick in my bed.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I had a few friends over to my house and two of them stayed the night. We intended on drinking but none of us really felt like it so we ended up just sitting on the couch playing Little Big Planet all night. It was a lot more fun than it sounds. :p

FroggyKisses

{♥}
    Years
    We had a countdown and started playing with sparklers and such. I was with my friend as well and we sang a long and had fun till 3am. It was the best new year ever! ^_^:

Back