• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New York launch event allowing fans to get the games early

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • Well, holding the event exclusively in New York makes sense. Besides, it's only one day, after all; no big deal. Still, I wish the games were released on a Friday; a Sunday release is annoying, considering that I'll have a week's worth of school and homework to wait through before really getting a chance to sit down and play.

Syvelocin

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • I would love to live in NY, they are so lucky. I don't want to only get to play my pokemon for 1 day then have to go to school! i want 2 whole days to play!

Well, holding the event exclusively in New York makes sense. Besides, it's only one day, after all; no big deal. Still, I wish the games were released on a Friday; a Sunday release is annoying, considering that I'll have a week's worth of school and homework to wait through before really getting a chance to sit down and play.

Ahh, the beauty of being a housewife.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • XD;; must be nice having the whole week to play.

Well, at least the weekend after March 6 is a 3-day weekend for me.
    Same here :D I would probably only get to the third badge in the first week...after getting lost several times in Unova...but then I'll have 3 days to Play all day :D!
    NYC'er are lucky to have this event...though it should have been two days earlier as these Games are based on NYC...(Hg and Ss were released one day early in NY by the way)

Years
  • So it would seem my hometown is getting it early, hmm?

Not that I care, someone is bound to post pictures, whether here or somewhere else. All that matters to me is I get mines as ordered, that's it.

Though it would be nice to see how much the Big Apple has changed in 7 years.

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • That's nice, except that I'm stuck in a redneck backwater in a different part of the country that everyone seems to ignore. Guess I'll have to wait.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I'm pretty annoyed \: England never get something like this; and if we do, it's always in London or Scotland, I mean C'mon Nintendo! There are other places u_u The only Pokemon event I went to was the Darkrai event celebrating the 10th Movie, and that was full of noobs spamming the Darkrai during battle v_v I'll just wait until Saturday to get both >:

IIRC. America isn't get Vicinti through Wifi, and Europe is <: in your face. n.n

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
  • Isn't Liberty Island the island that the statue of liberty stands on?

And why can't Canada get some Nintendo love?

iNfEcTeD_mUsHrOoM420

Dark and Poison master
    Years
  • :D I am SO calling my cousin and getting a group and heading there , omg this is going to be INSANE :). i'm only like a 15 train ride away from the city, i will try to post pics for all of you if i go which i am hoping for!

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    I wanna go sooo bad but i dont like big events like that wating for a game or system

Boarbeque

Deep Voiced Nerd
    Years
  • Ugh, another reason to get mad at Nintendo not caring about the West.

Does Idaho ever get any pokelove?

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Well, after fate conspired against me to go on Sunday, I guess I'll meet up with the guys who are going on Saturday!

I'll be the guy there with the black DS Lite with a copy of FireRed in the GBA slot and an Apple sticker splayed across the top screen wearing a Portal shirt.

EDIT: Anyone else going?

iNfEcTeD_mUsHrOoM420

Dark and Poison master
    Years
  • Same here! :) I'm gonna wake up so early and meet my friends at 42nd st
    oh word? ima be meeting them up on 48th st.
    gonna be sick bro! hahaha cant wait for us to tell em on here how it went :D

oh and hiroshi, i'm going with like 12 people. so i can easily post them up here for you later.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • And now there's news that Ken Sugimori might be in attendance! Junichi Masuda's presence has not been hinted at, though...

https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_York_fans%27_wishes_granted

Coupled with that, The Presidents of The United States (band) will be performing "Can't Stop Catchin 'em All", the Unova PokeRap.

I wish I could go! T_T Well, this event does seem like it will be a memorable experience, fitting with Pokemon's rebirth.

If possible, could someone ask them to convert Missingno. into a real Pokemon and BRING BACK Apricorn Balls, Seals, in-game Berry Patches, RSE-style Contests, Gym Leader rematches, VS Seeker, and PLEASE STOP DOING "EVENT/MYTHICAL" POKEMON GIVEAWAYS? Kthxbai.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    And now there's news that Ken Sugimori might be in attendance! Junichi Masuda's presence has not been hinted at, though...

https://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/New_York_fans%27_wishes_granted

Coupled with that, The Presidents of The United States (band) will be performing "Can't Stop Catchin 'em All", the Unova PokeRap.

I wish I could go! T_T Well, this event does seem like it will be a memorable experience, fitting with Pokemon's rebirth.

If possible, could someone ask them to convert Missingno. into a real Pokemon and BRING BACK Apricorn Balls, Seals, in-game Berry Patches, RSE-style Contests, Gym Leader rematches, VS Seeker, and PLEASE STOP DOING "EVENT/MYTHICAL" POKEMON GIVEAWAYS? Kthxbai.

OMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD I MIGGHT BE ABLE TO MEET KEN SUGIMORI

Excuse me while I have a meltdown from the awesome.

Also, change in wardrobe: I'll be the guy there with the black DS Lite with FireRed in the GBA slot with an iPhone with a Nintendo boot logo and a blue Sandvich shirt from TF2.

OMIGODOMIGODOMIGOD

By the way, there's an update! Ken Sugimori has confirmed that he is attending the NY launch event!

His twitter is here: https://twitter.com/SUPER_32X The seventh post from the top (as of 12:22 PM EST) says he is going to the BW launch event.

YES

Last edited:
    Back