• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newbie alert!

Years
  • Hey there, I'm Tora!
    I'm 19 years old and I have loved Pokemon ever since I was a little child and got my Yellow edition. Next came Silver and I think that game will always be my favourite. It's probably a combination of the new colours and Pokemon. Later I've played 3rd and 4th generation games, too. The generation I know next to nothing about is Black/White.

For some years I didn't have anything to do with Pokemon, but last year I was Au Pair and the children were totally hooked on the show (like I have been when I was a child) and they dragged me back into it, showing me the new 5th gen trading cards and asking me about earlier generations. Along the way I started reading the manga, but I'm not up to date yet. Then I discovered the Nuzlocke challenge and I was delighted. The games were still the same, but they had a completely new appeal. (I even started drawing a comic, but didn't post it.) I recently found creepy pasta, too and I'm always looking for new gems to spook me.

Now I just discovered the wonderful world of rom hacks. I'm rather fast in getting excited about something and this is the thing that has picked my interest right now. I might look into this, try a few things, but I'm not sure yet. Ideas would be there, more than enough, but I don't know whether I could make it work, since I have never done anything like that before. I'll just see, I guess. So, if you could recommend some good tutorials for a complete newbie in this area, I would be grateful. :D

I'm also interested in other anime and manga, music, games, books, and other languages. Sometimes I write fan fiction, and once I translated one from my favourite author.

Anyway, I get the feeling I already wrote too much. I always love writing messages with other people, so if you have questions or similar interests and just want to chat, feel free to reply or write a pm. I promise I won't bite. ;)

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
    Years
  • Welcome Tora my name is Diablo and I'm 18 years old. I fell in love with Pokemon when I was 5 with Silver being my first game and it rocked :) I have played all Gens except Gen 1 and I strongly recommend Gen5 game cos that turned out to be my favourite.

Well I'm not a hacker but I can give you the link to the thread where the hacker there will be delighted to answer all your questions just visit the Emulation Zone.

Well for the other Interests go here Pokemon General for your magna needs. You also might want to check out Culture and Media for your Music interest. Off-Topic Discussions is where I sleep You will see me there alot. It's a place where you can talk stuff outside Pokemon. And the last link I will give you is the Fan Fiction and Writing thread.

Hope this helps and sorry for bombarding you but I like to take care of the newbies here <3 Hope you have a good time here and make heaps of friends. :)

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • Oh my gosh, Tora? From MLK? Is that you? It's La'Vie! What up, man? :D

If not then this will be incredibly awkward but have a nice time on PC regardless ^^

Years
  • Hiya, Tora! Your username is super cute, surprised it wasn't taken yet. XD;;

I've also loved Pokemon since I was about 8 or 9, and am 21 now! It's just that addicting a franchise that people like it even when they're a little older like us. n_n We've got fangames, nuzlockes, manga, cards, toys, an anime, and lots of other things. Probably why it's hard to get over the franchise entirely; there's always something pulling you back in! <3

If you'd like to check out ROM hacking tutorials, we have some over here! There's tons to try out, but yeah, I'm sure it'll be difficult at first, but you'll get amazing at it if you just put your mind to it! I'd recommend the sticky at the top first since you're a beginner. :3 Go ahead and dig around the Emulation section, you'll find tons of stuff there!

And don't worry, you didn't write too much at all! I love longer intros, it helps us get to know you more as a person. n__n Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the forum, I'm always open to help. :D Stick around and have fun~!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • Hey, there Tora! So you've been a fan since the beginning, huh? Nice to see that. :3 Anyway, hi! My name is Yuki's Sword--the Hyperactive Edward Elric fan! But if you want you can just call me Yuki or Palamon. ^^ I do hope you become active and enjoy your stay~.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2013
    Hi there Tora! I'm Winter. Nice to meetcha! xD

And that's nonsense. I personally like reading long intros, it really says a lot about what people's interests are, their hobbies, and thing of that nature. It really gives us a chance to get to know you, of course~! So there's nothing wrong with that~

Diab_low and Cirno have already linked you to the forums you'll probably be checking out the most when browsing the boards, so I'll close up this post with this:

HAVE AN AWESOME STAY HERE AT PC :DDD

(yeah, I'm weird/random, I guess xD)

Years
  • Hey there, I'm Tora!
    I'm 19 years old and I have loved Pokemon ever since I was a little child and got my Yellow edition. Next came Silver and I think that game will always be my favourite. It's probably a combination of the new colours and Pokemon. Later I've played 3rd and 4th generation games, too. The generation I know next to nothing about is Black/White.

For some years I didn't have anything to do with Pokemon, but last year I was Au Pair and the children were totally hooked on the show (like I have been when I was a child) and they dragged me back into it, showing me the new 5th gen trading cards and asking me about earlier generations. Along the way I started reading the manga, but I'm not up to date yet. Then I discovered the Nuzlocke challenge and I was delighted. The games were still the same, but they had a completely new appeal. (I even started drawing a comic, but didn't post it.) I recently found creepy pasta, too and I'm always looking for new gems to spook me.

Now I just discovered the wonderful world of rom hacks. I'm rather fast in getting excited about something and this is the thing that has picked my interest right now. I might look into this, try a few things, but I'm not sure yet. Ideas would be there, more than enough, but I don't know whether I could make it work, since I have never done anything like that before. I'll just see, I guess. So, if you could recommend some good tutorials for a complete newbie in this area, I would be grateful. :D

I'm also interested in other anime and manga, music, games, books, and other languages. Sometimes I write fan fiction, and once I translated one from my favourite author.

Anyway, I get the feeling I already wrote too much. I always love writing messages with other people, so if you have questions or similar interests and just want to chat, feel free to reply or write a pm. I promise I won't bite. ;)

Hi there Tora. Nice to meet you!

They call me Hikari, the Crazy Oshawott Girl.

Since everyone's got you covered I haven't got much to say.

Feel free to contact a moderator if you need help.

- Hikari10, Crazy Oshawott Girl

Years
  • Thanks for the hearty welcome and the links. Guess I'll spend quite some time looking through the forum. But I can already say that I like the community here :)

@Snowdrop: Sorry, you have to mistake me for someone. I have never heard of MLK... ^^

@Yuki: Whee, I'm an Edward Elric fan, too! He's the coolest shrimp ever. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hey there, nice long intro!

Anyway, welcome to PC! Same as you, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to fifth generation - I played White but didn't particularly care for it. I've also currently got a fan fiction (though it's nearing its end) on the site as well. i'm also very big into anime in general (though the Pokemon anime, not so much - the US version of it invokes so much rage in me because of the horrible voice acting xD)

So, I hope you enjoy your time on the site, and I'm always up for a chat, so drop me a message on my profile whenever you feel like :)

Ninjagon

Back from a break.
    Years
  • Hey there, I'm Tora!

Hi there, that's quite the into you have there :)

Emulation is very popular on PC and there are heaps of step-by-step tuts for you to enjoy

Welcome to PC, Tora (<3 your avatar :P)

Since your pretty much covered, i'll just say

Have fun :D :)

Vibrava

Linux junkie
    Years
  • Welcome Tora. You said that you like fanfic? check out the fan fic area here. I took a quick look and thought, woah, good work. Others here covered it a bit more then I did, so I will just say Welcome once more. Enjoy your stay here.

Back