• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Hi, I'm Jerricko.

I'm 22 and I'm from South Africa. I work in software development. I watched Kanto and Johto as a kid and my favourite Pokemon is Charizard.

I have recently decided to get back into Pokemon and planning on getting Pokemon Y when it's released.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hello, Jerricko! <3

I'm 22 years old too, and a HUGE fan of Pokemon! I grew up with both Kanto and Johto and Johto just happens to be my most favorite regions, and it has the greatest Pokemon (even my name has my favorite Pokemon in it xD). Charizard is among the favorites of almost anyone here in the forums, even I have a soft spot for the fire-type Pokemon. It's absolutely the greatest. <3

You should check out the Pokemon X & Y section of the forums, as it has ALL THE SPECULATION you want to see. A lot of information about the new Pokemon, the characters, or anything!, they're all coming out like hot bread, and speculation is a lot of fun!

There's plenty of time for you to settle in and to join in on the fun. However, if you are in need of any help, you can always ask any staff member in bold blue, orange, or red names, as they are always around for any questions! Feel free to shoot me a VM as well if you want to talk. <3 Have a fantabulous time here, ok! :3

Years
  • I have to say, cool name. Welcome!

I'm around your age as well, and we do have loads of people here in their 20's. I may be 21 come October but I'm still dedicated to Pokemon even more than when I was younger. Charizard has always been a fan favorite for many years, mainly because he's like a dragon with fiery powers. If you were looking for the latest news on Pokemon X & Y I recommend you follow Megan's advice and go to the section under here, Pokemon X & Pokemon Y. I'm probably picking Froakie when I get the games though, I'm more of a Water-type person.

And also remember to read the rules so you can stay out of trouble and as Megan said there are staff members who can help you if you have a question, and I'm always happy to talk to you so feel free to leave me a VM on my profile. PC is very diverse so I'm sure you'll be able to become an active member.

Have fun and I'll see ya around!

- [supporter]Hikari10[/supporter]

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Thanks for the welcome. I'm planning on choosing Froakie too. I'm hoping they allow Charmander to be caught in game in Pokemon Y at least. I have a short list of pokemon want to catch, with Entei being the most ambitious target.

Years
  • I doubt Charmander will be catchable in X & Y but there's always trading, perhaps. My biggest hope is if they'll allow us to move Pokemon from generations 5 over, actually. :( Welcome to PokeCommunity sir Jerricko! I love your username!

Hey hey hey, checked out the Pokemon Anime board yet?! I watched the anime as a kid too and still do, actually. It's really colorful and adorable nowadays.. though Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto held a lot of memories. ♥ Charizard had a great story there and I really do miss Ash's. :) Do you keep up with the show or was it mostly something you watched as a kid?

Aww, Froakie is adorable as well, good choice! I can't wait to see their evolutions. I'm going for Chespin since my boyfriend is choosing Froakie so that's very very exciting and time needs to move faster, bahaha. All the news we've been getting has been making the wait so difficult! I'll echo everyone saying to check out the Pokemon X & Pokemon Y board, given its spiking activity nowadays. It's always really fun to speculate with the members here and see which of your ideas ends up coming true. What will you be doing to pass the time until its release? I'm still needing to finish my unevolved run in HeartGold and tackle the Pokemon World Tournament in Black 2. I'll get there... eventually, hehe.

Hope you have a great stay around here and be sure to let myself or another moderator know if you need help, all right? We're always around to lend a helping hand and point you in the right members (as are the members, actually). You can also post in the Questions & Feedback board anytime. :D See you around!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2013
    Currently, I'm resisting the urge to buy pokemon black 2; trying to think it through if I should get black now and y next year. Till then, I'll just play guild wars 2.I've only seen a handful of the anime episodes after jotho; dragonball z pretty much killed widespread interest in pokemon in RSA.

Years
  • Hey there Jerricko, and welcome to PC! My name is Zach (or you can call me Servine), and it's nice to meet you! {:3}

Looks like you've been helped already, but I wanted to welcome you personally. Like you, I am probably gonna get my hands on Y Version once it comes out, but with Pokémon, it's never a requirement IMO to have to follow a game of each generation, so it's up to you if you wanna get Black 2 or not. :]

As a reminder, please be sure to look over the rules so that you don't wind up getting into any trouble. The last thing we want to see is new members getting an infraction from breaking the smallest of rules :(

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate in asking anyone around here on staff (with the bold usernames), and they'd be glad to help you out anytime! :)

Hope you enjoy your stay here at PC! Feel free to shoot me a VM or a PM if you ever wanna chat! ^_^

Back