• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Newly Discovered Pokemon"

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    well i for one have never been to other regions of the earth

Asia

Eroupe

Africa

Austulra

so i guess its kinda like that

Years
    Maybe its a plothole,maybe it isnt.But it does bring up a interesting discussion doesnt it?Like some of you have said,youve wondered the same thing.Considering this isnt a new thing.They pretty much do this in every generation.Saying theres some new rare pokemon then Ash & Co. head to some region where everyone has this "rare" pokemon species.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Yes, this is nothing but a plot-hole.

The show is aimed at little kids that never think hard and fan all the time over The-band-and-the-sexy-girl-that-must-not-be-named. Nintendo does not care about what the hell they do with their show as long as they get some freaking cash. Period. Just try to disprove (WITH Good grammar please, garra)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2016

The show is aimed at little kids that never think hard and fan all the time over The-band-and-the-sexy-girl-that-must-not-be-named. Nintendo does not care about what the hell they do with their show as long as they get some freaking cash. Period. Just try to disprove (WITH Good grammar please, garra)
    People need to learn the definition of plot hole. >_>

Years

This isnt school,ya know.I really dont think its necessary to be freakin perfect when typing.As long as my thoughts can be understood,then i could care less if its not "good grammar".I also think its funny,that for a kids show,you all certainly do get all angered by someones thoughts and opinions.What happend to freedom of speech?So someone here makes a comment or presents a thought,and alot of you pretty much say he's an idiot.You do know this is a POKEMON forum right?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    This isnt school,ya know.I really dont think its necessary to be freakin perfect when typing.As long as my thoughts can be understood,then i could care less if its not "good grammar".I also think its funny,that for a kids show,you all certainly do get all angered by someones thoughts and opinions.What happend to freedom of speech?So someone here makes a comment or presents a thought,and alot of you pretty much say he's an idiot.You do know this is a POKEMON forum right?
    I barely understand your thoughts. By typing badly you are annoying a major population and being uncivil. Some people don't have the maturity to understand that debate is not anger. I have freedom of speech as well so you can't stop me from saying my views. Don't be so egoistic and think about it.

Years
    Your right,my grammar is uncivil.Here,let me make it better......I gots to think andz i thnks that me should learn to type good.

Years
    I think it is clearly a hole in the plot as have been already said. The only meaning of the "newly discovered" pokemon is that after the old 150 pokemon (151 with mew) every new pokemon is "newly discovered" by the player once he plays the new pokemon game. But once he gets the hang of the game, all the pokemon are discovered. You could say that by filling your Pokédex you are actually "discovering" all the pokemon that you find in your travels.

Of course the first time you played red and blue all pokemon were undiscovered, so you only knew a few and then the rest you started discovering once you captured them or saw them in Kanto. Same thing apply with other regions and their pokemon.

Back