• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newmoon Island

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    Newmoon Island is a Pokemon info and (eventually) resource site.
    It's no where near finished though.
    I'm working on a D/P/P Pokedex currently, and I have Bulbasaur's page up and running. The Links in the dropdown menu to Ivysaur and Venusaur just lead you back to the home page.
    Don't critique me about that its not finished, I know that.
    Currently, all I really have is a Pokedex with one Pokemon, but check it out.
    The link to Newmoon Island is here:

https://newmoonisland.webs.com
    I'm sorry if this violates a rule, but my site has a link to my forums. Does that violate anything?

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    If you're trying to become a big resource site, you REALLY shouldn't use Freewebs, and learn how to code HTML/PHP.

The Pokedex information looks awful familiar too... I hope you didn't copy it from somewhere.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    I have some knowledge about HTML, but not that much that I can code everything.
    And my dad's not willing to pay for a hosting provider, nor a domain name.
    And I'm not trying to make it huge and very popular or anything, I'm making it for fun and to help people who need help in anything that involves Pokemon.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    If you're trying to become a big resource site, you REALLY shouldn't use Freewebs, and learn how to code HTML/PHP.

The Pokedex information looks awful familiar too... I hope you didn't copy it from somewhere.

The little type icons are similar to Serebii, but they're different. And the text that's from the moves is from the games, right?

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
    Years
    yeah, thats straight from serebii.....

if your gonna make a resource site, without resources i think you should go download legendarypokemon's pokedex and upload that. from there you can edit the styles and whatnot to match your site and make it more yours.
    direct download link: https://www.legendarypokemon.net/other/downloads/pokedex.zip

or the better alternative is to build something from sheer data, although its a lot of work.

just never try to do everything by hand; 500 pokemon, and 500 attacks are a lot!

zerwey

:3
    Years
    The site has very, very good design, but I recommend begging your dad to buy your own website xP. As previously said, many people look down on free sites like that.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    The site has very, very good design, but I recommend begging your dad to buy your own website xP. As previously said, many people look down on free sites like that.

That site design is a free Freewebs layout. It is probably used over 100,000 times.

Balaczter

Pokemon Sprite Artist
    Years
    Freewebs has a free building tool for CSS and HTML 'nd stuff. Or, try 000webhost.com.

Try https://www.dragonflycave.com/html.aspx for help, it helped me tons for Suicune's Grace. C: Then, maybe you'll feel a shade braver and go for full control. :)

This site looks like it has potential, so keep it up.

Maybe try and design your own banners, rather than just take other ones? It's a heck of a lot easier when it comes to copyright claims. ;)

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
    Years
    Take other banners? When did I do that? All I did was rip the two images of Lugia and Ho-oh's TCG cards. and combined them.

I will have a new banner soon though.

Balaczter

Pokemon Sprite Artist
    Years
    Take other banners? When did I do that? All I did was rip the two images of Lugia and Ho-oh's TCG cards. and combined them.

Or take the official images and stick 'em in a banner. GIMP can jazz it up, so you can at least add sparkles, stars, etc to make it look cooler. xDD;;;

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
    I won't comment on the lack of content as you requested in your opening post.

General layout
    Text is easy to read, but the colour of your links is difficult to distinguish from your text. I would suggest using a more darker colour for your links.

For eye-catching appeal add special effects to your banner, and combine it with a nice font. Your site is called Newmoon Island, make a unique layout that goes in the spirit of this name.

Navigation
    Is the Pokepedia really necessary if you're already making a Pokédex? Perhaps you should clarify the purpose of it or remove it altogether -- managing it might be quite a handful if its purpose isn't clearly defined.

Overall good effort - look forward to seeing it more developed. :)

Back