• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News for FreeWebs

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
  • Is there anyway to get put news on websites that are hosted on FreeWebs other than using their ugly blog service?

Just go have a look at my site to see how ugly it is. https://smashpalace.uni.cc/

I'm a n00b at this kind of stuff so I need help.

WidowMaker

Horizons
    Years
  • Nopers.. Freewebs doesnt support PHP. You can only add news only if your useing there crappy site builder. Other than than, you have to do it all manualy.

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Actually, you can still use their blog service if your using the HTML thing. I'm using it right now.

Edit: ...
    I made it look better now. Oh well.

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

Years
  • Eh. I just got a new host today...

I have no idea how to get CutePHP etc. :D

Eon-Rider

Years
  • I'm guessing you're talking about this.

I have SmartFTP but the problem is that I have no idea how to use it... Also, is it absolutely necessary to unzip it with Winzip or a similar program? Does it make a difference if I do it with the Extraction Wizard?

Last edited:

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
  • You can use the Extraction Wizard if you please.

I'd suggest trying a different FTP program...

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    ...please link-ify your splash image. Otherwise it's rather pointless D: And edit it with your site name!

And then basically do what Greg said =D Because even though the blog posts are *passable* they don't fit in very well with your site.

Eon-Rider

Years
  • I've tried getting Cute News except I keep failing...
    The main problem is that it says that there are files with the same name. Which causes me to give up.

Edit: Also, when there's a thing that says a password is required...

Last edited:

Eon-Rider

Years
  • W00t! I just got fusion news!!!

Everything works fine except one thing. When I try to post new it says:

Warning: fopen(/home/smashpal/public_html/Fusion News/fusionnews.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/smashpal/public_html/Fusion News/functions.php on line 270

Can't open news.php for reading/writing!
    Make sure news.php is CHMODded to 666

Back