• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Next Month Who here is Going To Buy The Japanese Verison Of this Game? Or Wait?

Next Month Who here is Going To Buy The Japanese Verison Of this Game? Or Wait?

• Get The Japnese Version Of This Game

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Wait Untill 2009

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • Both

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • I'm not going to get it

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

gotron228

^_^
    Years
    ^Read Above^
    For me I'm just going to get both versions seeing I absolutely cannot wait until this game is released I'm just gonna get both besides I could use the Japanese Version to my advantage to get basically all the main Pokemon on it and trade it to my English Version.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    go R4,
    or emulator,
    i will test the game out before purchasing since i dont want to waste my money....so i might get it

gotron228

^_^
    Years
    so your not going to get the English version? oh well cool.. anyway I might not get the English version but anyway do you think the games gonna be good?

Oh and for Mukkamoto I'll test it before I use it to lol

Hiraku

Resident Italian Cutie
    Years
    I already have this game and it is Japanese... well, i am actually getting it next week cuz my uncle works 4 pokemon in Tokyo and I am moving to Kanagawa. I understand japanese, though.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    I would wait for it in English because the Japanese would annoy me, although I know the basic storyline so it wouldnt matter too much I suppose. But it would cost loads to ship it over here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I already have this game and it is Japanese... well, i am actually getting it next week cuz my uncle works 4 pokemon in Tokyo and I am moving to Kanagawa. I understand japanese, though.

You're talking about the wrong game. We're talking about Platinum here, not Diamond/Pearl.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    She is talking about Platinum her uncle works for Pokemon in Tokyo and is getting her a prerelease version for her birthday at least that is what I understand from what she told me...

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2013
    i don't know if i would get it or not... im not sure if buying the japanese version would be worth it, cuz i can't understand japanese... it would be irritating to me just a little, but i really can't wait until spring of next year... Im still not sure.
    Would it be worth it to buy the Japanese version, anyone know?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Well im getting both for video walkthroughs on youtube. But come on. Do you really believe just cause he works for pokemon of tokyo theyll give you a beta cause its your birthday? Im sorry but until i got you playing it in a video and everything im not believing it for nuthing.

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    Well im getting both for video walkthroughs on youtube. But come on. Do you really believe just cause he works for pokemon of tokyo theyll give you a beta cause its your birthday? Im sorry but until i got you playing it in a video and everything im not believing it for nuthing.

1. She doesn't have to prove anything to anybody she doesn't want to.
    2. I would like to actually understand the plot, instead of seeing Japanese letters and not knowing what they mean, so i can wait.

Years
    Playing the Japanese version wouldn't be as fun because I wouldn't be able to understand anything anyone's saying. Furthermore, it would spoil the game when the English version comes up. I'm perfectly fine with waiting.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    lol piracy for me.

While I would like to understand the story, it doesn't really matter, because the story in Pokemon sucks anyway. I do want all the neat little bonuses that Platinum offers, though (especially if there really are move tutors in it).

Houndoom88

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
    Playing the Japanese version wouldn't be as fun because I wouldn't be able to understand anything anyone's saying. Furthermore, it would spoil the game when the English version comes up. I'm perfectly fine with waiting.

I agree. We will just wait for it. It doesn't matter how much we love it.

gotron228

^_^
    Years
    I don't speak Japanese but thats the fun of it when u don't understand Japanese you have to find your own paths throughout the game and that's what i like about Pokemon

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    No, I think I will wait for the translated version to come out. If Shaymin is inside, then I can just trade for it.

...Though, pardon my ignorance, but...what proof do you have that the game is even coming out next month? ...For that matter, how can everybody else tell for certain that the OP was actually talking about Platinum? He never actually specified which game he was talking about...

Back