• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next or Future Pokemon Game Theory

Planetary legendary Pokemon?

• Yes! I would love these!

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No, I don't like it

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

BasedNate

ImDaBes
    Years
    Gen VII - Planetary-based Legendary Pokemon?

What do you guys think about this idea?
    The Rulers of the Solar System
    The Sun - Solaris
    Mercury - Merculis
    Venus - Vena
    Earth - Earthean
    Mars - Martianja
    Jupiter - Jupitern
    Saturn - Saturnite
    Uranus - Uraneus
    Neptune - Neptoon
    Pluto - Plutom
    (I know it's not a planet anymore, but it could be an event Pokemon or something)

In my opinion, GameFreak is kinda running out of ideas for legendary Pokemon. I mean, some of these legendary 'Mons are almost copies as the previous ones. I like the new ones though, so don't get me wrong. These planetary-based Pokemon will be something new & fresh. (Not to mention pretty beast too). What do you guys think? Should GameFreak do this for next gen?

(Note: I know some names are kind of ridiculous so bare with me lol. If you can think of a better one, you can go ahead & give off a suggestion.)

(Note 2: Event Pokemon can be something from space; not to be confused with Deoxy /or Clefairy whatsoever :P)

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    The new ones were based on Norse mythology and, in my opinion, were really well thought of, especially Xerneas, but I won't deny that Yveltal lookes like Lugia -_-

Anyway, Legendary Pokemon based on Planets would be good, but kind of weird as the Planets themselves are named after Roman gods and so in the end you are basing your legendaries off of Roman gods.

Instead of details like the names of the Planets, why not based them on stellar/heavenly bodies like meteors, comets and galaxies.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I mean, some of these legendary 'Mons are almost copies as the previous ones.
    I never really thought this was true, especially as mentioned, with the Norse legendaries in XY.

I'd be all for seeing what they come up with. Not sure whether they'd be based off characteristics of the planets and cosmics or, as also mentioned, rather the individual gods from which they're named, but nonetheless, it'd be interesting to see. I do think that nine legendaries though is quite a lot to introduce at one time.

BasedNate

ImDaBes
    Years
    The new ones were based on Norse mythology and, in my opinion, were really well thought of, especially Xerneas, but I won't deny that Yveltal lookes like Lugia -_-

Anyway, Legendary Pokemon based on Planets would be good, but kind of weird as the Planets themselves are named after Roman gods and so in the end you are basing your legendaries off of Roman gods.

Instead of details like the names of the Planets, why not based them on stellar/heavenly bodies like meteors, comets and galaxies.

That is true, but at that time, I was so tired thinking of a name so I got lazy lool.

I never really thought this was true, especially as mentioned, with the Norse legendaries in XY.

I'd be all for seeing what they come up with. Not sure whether they'd be based off characteristics of the planets and cosmics or, as also mentioned, rather the individual gods from which they're named, but nonetheless, it'd be interesting to see. I do think that nine legendaries though is quite a lot to introduce at one time.

That's also true, but who says they all appear at once? :P
    3 groups would be enough for the next game then its sequel so they all make an appearance; like if there were some sort of disruption. This would mean a new feature where the protagonist can explore other planets even though that wouldn't be possible but #gamelogic

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2014
    I really like these names, but it goes against certain things. Does pokemon even take place in our galaxy? If it is earth, than possibly. But I thing they should have alternate forms with greek-god similar names, since the planet names now were based off of romans. Like mars becomes Aresea or something with an item found in the region. This would be pretty cool, but are they gonna make 9 games?
    I think Gamefreak should make 3 games where you get different combinations of each legendary, including pluto. Then, make the sun be able to be caught after all others in the game are caught, and if you get all three games you can merge the sun legendary into an ultimate form or so something.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
    As Celestia said, ones based off the Planets would simply be ones based off ancient deities. Which strikes me as kinda weird, actually. Mythical creatures are fine- but off actual humanoid beings just seems strange.

The Sins and Virtues would be interesting, but that would be an awful lot of legendaries (not that there aren't already an awful lot of legendaries).

I really think the ratio between legends/regulars should be escalated to help give them their legendary status back.

There are- including Diancie- 719 known Pokémon. With Diancie, there are 52 (53 if you include Phione).

That works out to roughly 7%. Which is already a little high.

But if you condense the evolutionary chains- so just counting fully evolved Pokémon- the ratio is 328:52/328:53.

Meaning Legendaries account for nearly 16% of known Pokémon.

That's more than 1 in 10.

Not so legendary.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I do think that nine legendaries though is quite a lot to introduce at one time.

I agree, but perhaps it could just be one legendary, and the rest could just be its special forms? I personally love the idea, though; it'd be nice to see something referencing Roman gods.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I don't know how many threads I have merged into this one. Any and all discussion of next generation ideas, theories, legendaries, regions, what have you, belong in THIS thread. We don't need 50 threads about ideas for the next generation. Thanks for understanding.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2014
    What should be in Gen 7?

I highly doubt the pokemon franchise will slow down any time soon (Since there's still a treasure trove of myths and legends around the globe they could adapt), so I think it's safe to assume a 7th gen will be on the way in the near future.

And while Gen 6 was pretty cool, with the Mega Evolutions, and the level of detail, there are always things that could be improved upon.

So, here is a place where we can list and discuss what could/should be in the next gen.

1.) Travel with your pokemon. Nintendo hasn't done this since Heartgold/Soulsilver, and I honestly don't know why. It was a fun addition to the gameplay and they've teased us wth it for the past few games. I for one would welcome this feature being brought back.
    2.) Bigger stories. I know the core of the pokemon games are to collect them all and beat the elite 4, but it's only recently that the "story" in the games has grown beyond beating up the current group of criminals. More please!
    3. ) More sexual Dimorphism. AKA, make the females look female and the males look male. It's still creepy having a female "Mr" Mime. Even Wobuffet's lipstick is an improvement.
    4. ) Some voice acting? It's feasible, other 3ds games have gotten away with it. Then again, with all the information stored in the 3DS cartridge already, there may not be room. Thoughts?
    5. ) This may be too much to ask for, again relating to information space, but travel to one of the previous regions (Doesn't have to be Hoenn, to be honest I always felt that gen was the weakest). Sinnoh for example, or perhaps even all the way back to Kanto.
    6. ) Was I the only one dissappointed with only 70 new pokemon? Yes, wild Eevee and Rilou were pretty cool, but it seemed less like a new game nd more like an expansion pack with the "mega Evolutions".

I dare say that you all have your own wishlist for the next gen, so please, tell us all about them!

Years
    I agree with wuffles on 2,3,5, and 6. They honetly do need to have some distinction between genders. Although some have clear differences, such as Heracross, others like Blastoise and every other starter have no visual difference. The problem with that however if you make it "too clear" if you know what im tryin to get at theyd probably have to make it rated T at least. I also agree with 5. They need that feature of going back into the past. Ninendo hit it big in the 2nd gen with going back to Kanto. Why they didnt put that in further generation games i have no idea why. Theres no rhyme or reason sometimes to Nkntendos release patterns if u know what im trying to say.

Back