• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next Zelda Game-Link is swordless?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Girl looks like the Queen of the Fairies from The Wind Waker.

He won't be swordless. Heck he has a shield in tat picture. What kind of Zelda game has just a shield?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    This is what I first thought of upon seeing that female (as well as the common spear-like enemies from the same game), so I totally see her as being weapon-based.

I am guessing that she is at least related to the Master Sword; either the essence of the sword itself or something in the league of the Maiden of the Lake from the tales of King Arthur and Excalibur.

Girl looks like the Queen of the Fairies from The Wind Waker.

He won't be swordless. Heck he has a shield in tat picture. What kind of Zelda game has just a shield?

As with Nintendo teaming up with Team Ninja for Metroid, they have teamed up with Marvel to bring you Captain Hyrule! Link attacks by throwing his shield!

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    I did a Captain America refrence already lol, but you made it better Shadow! anyways Link will have his sword in some-form, or way

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    I did a Captain America refrence already lol, but you made it better Shadow! anyways Link will have his sword in some-form, or way

Oh geeze, it must be true then.

Now I'm actually afraid Nintendo will put the WiiMotionPlus to use by making you flick your wrist to toss your shield at everything. >_<

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
    another game to break your T.V? I would be afraid if it was ONLY WiimotionPlus....

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm calling you young, sweetie, because The Legend of Zelda, The Legend of Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, and The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Aventures didn't have the Master Sword and they were DEFINITELY worth playing. </fanboyism>

Well sweeties, from what I'm assuming is that she might be the sword just from her design. Great first Link had a talking Fairy, cap, now sword. XD
    And LoZ, LA, and TMC are among the best in the series at that!

Anyway, I don't think she's the Master Sword. It has a history. We know why it was formed.

The goddesses told the Hylia to create the Master Sword long before the events that take place in any of the games. It was a preemptive measure against evil ones who yearned for the Triforce.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    I hope the girl's not the sword. You can't exactly bash people and cut stuff up with a girl. LOL.
    And a battle ax or club or some other random weapon would never work for Link for the course of a whole game. He's too knightly and any other weopon wouldn't be... elegant enough.
    Link without a sword is like... a s'more without a marshmallow!! AH!! He'd be a graham cracker and piece of chocolate! Not the same...
    Though I admit, even if he doesn't have a sword, I'll still buy and play the game through at least twice. >_<

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    He would be like Goofy in KH, bash people with his sheild.

Or he could be like Cream in the Sonic series "Please Mr.Ganondorf, stop being bad!"

Or, maybe he has a HUGE battle axe!!!!! That, would be sweet...
    lmao xD ahhh that'd be....weird/funny/strange

Kagara

Years
    The girl being the Master Sword is very likely, I wonder what the case is with her? Maybe something has happened to the sword or is affecting it in some way?

It would be a bit strange for Link to grab a girl by the throat and swinging her around.

Kagara

Years
    Lol, I don't think Link would have a problem swinging her from her legs, or any part of her body considering how big he seems to be in this game.

Is there an age estimate for Link?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Lol, I don't think Link would have a problem swinging her from her legs, or any part of her body considering how big he seems to be in this game.

Is there an age estimate for Link?

All I've heard is what Miyamoto has said, which is older and more of an adult. I'd guess mid-twenties to thirties or so, based on the artwork and the assumed ages of previous 'adult' Links.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    The girl being the sword is pretty likely. There is one thing I have to say though, why are we all assuming that she turns into the Master Sword?

If this is a new Link, then yeah, she's probably the Master Sword (Mistress Sword?), but if this is the same Link as was in Twilight Princess, which I believe it probably is as every Link in the past got 2 games released fairly close to each other and TP Link hasn't got a second game yet, then it may possibly be an entirely new sword that she turns into. I say this because look at the previous 2nd LoZs from after the Master Sword was created, they were always new swords, yet similar to the Master Sword.
    Link's Awakening - LV2 Sword*
    Majora's Mask - Gilded Sword
    Phantom Hourglass - Phantom Sword

*The LV2 Sword was named after the Master Sword in LADX.

I do hope that she is the Spirit of the Master Sword though, the story of the Master Sword really needs to be fleshed out beyond that it was created by Ancient Hylians to slay evil.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    This link is a new link different era from all the other games confirmed by Miyamoto. Strange thing though is that the resemblance is a lot like OoT link.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    That's strange. Call me old, but any game where Link has no Master Sword, is not worth playing.
    There have been plenty of games where Link didn't have the Master Sword, most of which were good games.
    The Legend of Zelda - NES (Magic Sword)
    Zelda II: The Adventure of Link - NES (???)
    The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening* - GB (LV2 Sword)
    The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - N64 (Gilded Sword)
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons** - GBC (Noble Sword)
    The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages** - GBC (Noble Sword)
    The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - NDS (Phantom Sword)

* Link's Awakening DX renamed the LV2Sword after the Master Sword.
    ** The Master Sword is a password obtained item.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The girl being the sword is pretty likely. There is one thing I have to say though, why are we all assuming that she turns into the Master Sword?

If this is a new Link, then yeah, she's probably the Master Sword (Mistress Sword?), but if this is the same Link as was in Twilight Princess, which I believe it probably is as every Link in the past got 2 games released fairly close to each other and TP Link hasn't got a second game yet, then it may possibly be an entirely new sword that she turns into. I say this because look at the previous 2nd LoZs from after the Master Sword was created, they were always new swords, yet similar to the Master Sword.
    Link's Awakening - LV2 Sword*
    Majora's Mask - Gilded Sword
    Phantom Hourglass - Phantom Sword

*The LV2 Sword was named after the Master Sword in LADX.

I do hope that she is the Spirit of the Master Sword though, the story of the Master Sword really needs to be fleshed out beyond that it was created by Ancient Hylians to slay evil.
    Well... the Zelda team was kicking around ideas for TP Link's second run or "side story" game. The end result (according to Miyamoto), unfortunately, was Crossbow Training and not a true title. This Link looks a heck of a lot like TP's Link (identical I'd say), but according to Shiggy it's a new Link. :\

This link is a new link different era from all the other games confirmed by Miyamoto. Strange thing though is that the resemblance is a lot like OoT link.
    TP Link.

Zet

Years
    How do you see TP link in him? I see more of OoT link with the hairstyle and all.
    If you can see more OoT Link, then this game must be finally finding navi, your lost friend. Also look at both artworks that you posted, the hairstyles and the facial looks are the same. Though really all Link's look the same(except Wind Waker Link)

Back