• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    You beat Zelda pretty fast Tirforce. I have only tried speed runs on two games which are Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4. It took me 6:38 to pass Prime, I thought everything ahead, the levels, the bosses and how I would beat them, it was all perfectly planned, I thought it was good but the record is 1:54! Resident Evil 4 only took me 6 hours, it was a good time, at least that's what I thought, especially starting a new file so you don't have all the weapons you end with. However, I did pass it again in like 2 hours but that time I was equipped with the Matilda so that made it much, much easier. For the record, my first tries on both games were the following(approximate times because I don't remember exact times): 20-22 for Prime and 12-15 for RE4.

I did just pass Gears of War, with my brother, in about 8 hours our first time through. On "Hardcore" difficulty.

Anyways, I was going to buy the Wii, Zelda, an extra nunchuck, Rayman, and another game but now I'm just getting the Wii, and Zelda on launch and I will then get the other games later...and the extra controller set.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I've actually seen a Zelda stopwatch before, Andy. XD It was green, and featured Link from the original game.

The only stop watches I have are those cheap ones from cereal boxes, and I can't seem to operate those properly. T_T;

I never plan out my playthrough before hand. I just go. And, I only slightly go for speed. Someimtes I take time to find the Biggoron's Sword, sometimes not. Sometimes I read everything, sometimes I just skip it. Sometimes I roll, sometimes I walk (I should walk backwards, but that's hard).

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I'd never be able to speed run...I find it impossible to sit there and play a game for more than an hour or two straight without taking a break, and coming back later. XD

I'd been trying to replay OoT (only the second time I've played through it...first was yeeeeeeeears ago when one of my friends let me play it XD), but Andy got me hooked on FFX, and plus I started the Water Temple. Holy crap I hate that place. >>

So yeah...I haven't played OoT that much since I got FFX...

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Anyways, I was going to buy the Wii, Zelda, an extra nunchuck, Rayman, and another game but now I'm just getting the Wii, and Zelda on launch and I will then get the other games later...and the extra controller set.

I know I can't get all those as soon as possible. I'm wanting to get a Wii and Zelda:Twilight Princess on the same day. As soon as possible is what I hope for, but I think I should just stick to the idea of getting both in Christmas. I haven't really checked out any other games for the Wii, because I don't want to be obsessed over more than one, that'll just make it harder for me to choose between them. But, I was checking out Call of Duty 3, and I was interested in getting it for the Wii. But, I don't have the systems which are Xbox360, PS2 or PS3 to get it. =\

Last edited:

Morkula

Years
    I'm getting a Wii, TP, and an extra Wiimote at launch. And maybe a nunchuck. Not sure yet. Although Circuit City's gonna have $5 off all Wii accessories.

I've actually been thinking of getting Trauma Center too, since I just learned that I'm gonna be getting $200 for helping out with a dinner in two weeks. o_O;;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Wii: $250 dollars
    Wiimote: $40 dollars
    Nunchaku: $20 dollars
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: $50 dollars
    Red Steel: $50 dollars
    Playing the Wii for the first time, priceless.

There are somethings money can't buy. For everything else there's cash.

XD

Mario Famous

Confidential...=/
    Years
    I just got an e-mail from eb games, it seems that they will not hold on to your pre-order 24 hours after the launch day. Looks like I have to make it up there no matter how the weather or traffic conditions looks.

Ronike

Dec Spriter and Shadow Trainer
    Years
    Eh, I expected the PS3 to do well, it has a blue ray DVD player and the system is cheaper than one of those and its a gaming system. Im still going with the Wii though, and have been losing sleep over it for about a week now. Im almost scared to know how many Wiis will sell if sony had a shortage of PS3s...
    Im Ronike BTW, and Ive owned every nintendo system that ever was besides NES.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I just pre-ordered the Gamecube version of Twillight Princess for my little brother! It should be delivered by December 15! ^_^
    Should have got it for the Wii. XD

The PS3 is selling well in Japan, with at least eighty thousands consoles sold!
    Nintendo has some serious competition!
    Right.... Nintendo needs help on selling systems. Here's some numbers for you. November 6th to the 12th.

1. DSL - 148,174
    2. PS3 - 81,639 (81,639)
    3. PSP - 19,123 (1,492,596)
    4. PS2 - 16,157
    5. 360 - 3,864
    6. GBASP - 1,320
    7. GBM - 1,213
    8. NGC - 496
    9. NDS - 279
    10. GBA - 12
    11. XBX - 3

Sure the DS had some days on the PS3. But I find it funny that it's at the top of the list with 12K short of being double that of the PS3.
    And I think the Wii sells will be far far higher then the PS3 sells. Just wait a few days and see for yourself.

Welcome to the club Ronike.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Well, I find speed-runs very entertaining, even though I've only done it twice. Yeah, it's better playing the game traditionally but speed-runs are still fun. Besides I will always play a game right the first time, speed-running through an entire game without having played it before must be hard, almost impossible for...you know...speed-running.

Of course the PS3 sold well, it just launched, that's the most demanding time for a system, when it's just out The launch demand is even higher than the Holiday demand for a system.

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Wii: $250 dollars
    Wiimote: $40 dollars
    Nunchaku: $20 dollars
    The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: $50 dollars
    Red Steel: $50 dollars
    Playing the Wii for the first time, priceless.

There are somethings money can't buy. For everything else there's cash.

XD

*cough*
    That was THE worst Master-card spin-off I've ever seen, Andypants. Nice. XD

Speaking of the PS3 launch. Me and Robo was watching a live feed on GS. And the reporter there was offered some weed, I kid you not. Someone said "Hey you want some weed?". XD

Aren't you keen. XD
    ARGHHHH My last chance to squeeze a Wii out of my parents is coming soon!

Morkula

Years
    Speaking of the PS3 launch. Me and Robo was watching a live feed on GS. And the reporter there was offered some weed, I kid you not. Someone said "Hey you want some weed?". XD
    That was hilarious. I nearly died when I saw that. XD

Then there was the guy that they asked what games he was getting with his PS3. He said Gears of War. XD

Gah, I hope I can get a Wii on Sunday...they'd better not all be sold out. >>

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    *cough*
    That was THE worst Master-card spin-off I've ever seen, Andypants. Nice. XD

Aren't you keen. XD
    ARGHHHH My last chance to squeeze a Wii out of my parents is coming soon!
    If it was the worst then why did you say "Nice"? XD

Well not really, I thought I heard the guy say that but I wasn't 100% sure till Robo said it. XD

I'm going to ask today, because it isn't fun to wait till tomorrow. XD

That was hilarious. I nearly died when I saw that. XD

Then there was the guy that they asked what games he was getting with his PS3. He said Gears of War. XD

Gah, I hope I can get a Wii on Sunday...they'd better not all be sold out. >>
    Yes it was, and I still can't get over it. XD

I wish someone was there and said "I'm in line to get a Wii". But that GoW guy was good. XD

You'll get one Robo, don't worry.

All we need to do is get Jorfe to get it. Then everyone in our lovely Higher Staff Ring (Me, Robo, David, Erica, and Jorfe) will get a Wii. XD

Years
    All you got to do is fly over to the US, grab a Wii, find some way to plug in the Wii over there and there you have it. XD

or I could wait.
    I can't believe Aus get it one day before the UK XD so pointless

I plan to get Wii Play soon after launch, so I get a free Wiimote with it.

Well, atleast I think that the UK gets phantom hourglass first (when we finally find out,)

Back