• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm not enjoying horizontal Wiimotes so far. I don't have a classic controller, so I'm either going to have to use the wonderfully comfortable GCN controller or the Wii Remote with Nunchuck. I dunno. I'll play with both. I love the GCN's controller but... I don't want to play a Wii game with it. I know its not a port, but it makes Brawl feel like more of a port that Twilight Princess was. If the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo works as wonderfully as in TP, I won't complain. Looks like there won't be any motion sensingness.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I need a little help, Arcanine. Right now I'm stuck with only TP and Wii Sports. -_- So I need a new game. I believe you have Rayman and Excite Truck, right? Well I can't decide between SPM, Wario Ware, Rayman, and Excite Truck. Well I can probably wait on Wario Ware, but what do think?
    I really like Rayman. It is a tad on the short side, but if you like mini-games and if you can find a good deal on it I think you won't be let down.
    I also like ET, the controls are really strange at first, but once you get used to them they feel great and I have loads of fun playing Excite Truck.

I haven't played SPM (ask Robo, he has it), nor have I played Wario Ware. I heard Wario Ware is good, and it's one of the highest rated mini-game games, so you might want to try that out.

Ahh, it turns out that there are four controls for SSBB. Wii remote sideways, Wii remote with Nunchuk, Classic Controller (not that I have one), and the GameCube controller. Don't know how the Wiimote will work, so I'm sticking with the old-school GameCube controller.

WarioWare was total fun, and so was Super Paper Mario. They both have pretty good replay...
    I was going to post about it, but seeing how you already did I just put off replying here. XD

https://www.gamespot.com/users/Arcanine_88/

After reading that SSBB update I got really worked up for SSBB. I know here in the NFC (NFC or MSN) we've talked about SSBB having all 4 control styles and people pick the one they like the best. Low and behold Nintendo came in and did things right. I LOVE how they're going to put all 4 styles in there. I will likely use the Classic Controller (SSBB is on the Wii, the CC is a Wii controller, so....), but I know many of you will use the GC controller. I will try all 4 styles out, but I still think I'm going CC style.

I'm not enjoying horizontal Wiimotes so far. I don't have a classic controller, so I'm either going to have to use the wonderfully comfortable GCN controller or the Wii Remote with Nunchuck. I dunno. I'll play with both. I love the GCN's controller but... I don't want to play a Wii game with it. I know its not a port, but it makes Brawl feel like more of a port that Twilight Princess was. If the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo works as wonderfully as in TP, I won't complain. Looks like there won't be any motion sensingness.
    To me, by the time SSBB comes out you should get a Classic Controller. Not only for the VC games, but to try out all styles on SSBB. Sure they cost, but it might be worth it.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Lik OMG!11 I'm posting this on my Wii!

Thanks, Arcanine, I think I'll get Excite Truck.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I'll probably use the GC controller for SSBB, although I might try the Wiimote/Nunchuk. I'd use the classic controller, but I just have to have rumble in an SSB game. XD

And Andrew, SPM is really good too. It's a bit easy, but it's really funny.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Wow, E3 is almost here and the NFC is going to die? No thanks.

For ones out of the loop, last night the SSBB site got an update, it's a new character. Well it's not really a new character, it's just we haven't seen this character before on any of the trailers or pics.
    It's Zelda, LoZ: TP style Zelda.

https://gonintendo.com/?p=20167
    Talk about a shocker... Nintendo is making more money then ALL of Sony.

https://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=115160&page=1
    New MP3:C pics (well scans). I haven't read anything on it (just saw the pics), well I did read some. One part stood out. Second pic, top left, right there were it says something about the GC.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Nintendo making more money than all of money is a very good thing for Nintendo. I'm actually pretty surprised but since the gaming division of Sony did make most of the money I guess it shouldn't have been a surprise seeing as how bad they're doing now.

Those scans look pretty good, Metroid prime was my favorite game on the Cube and MP2 was really good as well. Here's hoping that MP3 is released with great controls and can be regarded as better than the first.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Busy... so damn busy.

Anyway, late stuff that everyone already knows. XD

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/06/28/dojo-update-custom-controller-configurations/
    I think this is a great idea. Not only can you pick the control style you want, but you can now make the button layout the way you want it. Man... this game is going to be great.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2...nintendo-to-launch-separate-download-service/
    I've been wanting this (and I'm sure many of you as well) for ages and ages. I am so glad they are now coming out with a new channel where you'll be able to download original VC games. Nintendo made a great move in doing this (even if we won't see the likes of it till 08, many of us are looking forward to it).

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2007/06/27/nintendo-waves-away-hard-drive-rumors/
    And here we have the idea of an HDD for the Wii going down the drain... I don't see why they won't just make an add on where you're able to save your games to an HDD...

Years
    I still don't think Smash Brothers can be legitimately played any other way than the GCN controller, but at least they're paying attention to gamers and giving them conveniences like that. That sort of polish is missing from a lot of Nintendo games as of late; the 360 seems to have it down, though.

The homebrew VC content is very cool. ♥ A hard drive really shouldn't be necessary—you can get pretty large SD cards. The only time you need a hard drive is for big media downloads like the 360's HD movies/TV shows or the PS3's fullsize games.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I still don't think Smash Brothers can be legitimately played any other way than the GCN controller, but at least they're paying attention to gamers and giving them conveniences like that. That sort of polish is missing from a lot of Nintendo games as of late; the 360 seems to have it down, though.

The homebrew VC content is very cool. ♥ A hard drive really shouldn't be necessary—you can get pretty large SD cards. The only time you need a hard drive is for big media downloads like the 360's HD movies/TV shows or the PS3's fullsize games.
    To me, only the GC Controller or the Classic Controller will work (the CC has the buttons, analog sticks and so on).

The only prob I have with SD Cards is that you can't save your games to it and play off the cards. You can put it on there and delete the game off the Wii, or use it for backing up your data but I wish they would have made it where you could be able to play straight from the card.

May I join? I absolutely LOVE Nintendo, I grew up with it pretty much my whole life, ever since I was four :) and I still haven't stopped playing it!
    Sure you can join (you're like the first person in ages to join), welcome to the club.

I know this isn't Nintendo, but I do have to say it's pretty sad how poor Sony's PR and marketing is: Reading is for wussies.
    I love that. Not that I'd be caught dead in a library (what? You know how much I hate reading XD), but the fact that Sony is at it again. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Now that E3 is over, what was the thoughts everyone had on it?

Ok, I'll give a quick run down of what Nintendo had for all of you that missed it (or ones that was living under a rock XD).

We got launch dates for Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros Brawl in North America.
    Super Mario Galaxy: November 12th.
    Super Smash Bros Brawl: December 3rd.
    And I guess a few weeks ago Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 got a date, it's November 15th.

We also got some new games, like Mario Party DS, Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for the Wii, and some others I can't think of right now.
    Guitar Hero for the Wii will be online.

And now on to some big news from the pess event.

The Will will have a new racing game. It's a Mario Kart game for the Wii. It will be online, it will have online battles (not just racing, but online battles), and it will be out Q1 08. The game will come with a steering wheel packaged in.

The Wii will have a new add on. This one isn't a wheel, but it's the Zapper. The Zapper will be best for games like Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (they are making the game with the Zapper in mind, so in other words, they're building their game around it). The Resident Evil game for the Wii (I'm not talking about RE4), and other shooters. I think they said it will go for $20 (I'll have to go watch the press event to make sure).

And we got something that will make you go "WOW" or "WTF?". It's a balance board and a game called Wii Fit. You will have to watch it to believe it (on the page I linked you to, go to videos, and click "Wii Fit Gameplay movie 1")... The game and board is about losing weight and that sort of stuff... Sure real games can come down the road, but for right now, the Wii will be used for all of us to lose weight.

And here's my thoughts on all of E3 (it's about Nintendo, Microsoft, and Sony).
    https://www.gamespot.com/users/Arcanine_88/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25071566

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    You're right. I as well was disappointed by E3. Your little blog right there described just about everything, so I have nothing else to add. Sony took the spotlight this year because they focused on the one thing we all wanted: GAMES. Nintendo disappointed many because their spotlight was pretty much Wii Fit and not the games we're waiting for: Galaxy, Brawl, Mario Kart, etc. I didn't hear much from Microsoft... maybe I wasn't listening to them... Sony learned a lot and it showed~

jakex

poketopia king
    Years
    i have sega genisis, nintendo 64,nintendo gamecube, nintendo ds,
    nintendo wii,game boy advance, game boy sp, and gameboy

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Good for you. We don't care. Now leave.

All the E3 conferences sucked this year, but I was especially disappointed in Nintendo's. Honestly, it only reinforced my belief that they're selling out to the casuals, and giving a big "Screw you" to gamers. Wii Fit being the "big announcement" only helped to prove that.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    i have sega genisis, nintendo 64,nintendo gamecube, nintendo ds,
    nintendo wii,game boy advance, game boy sp, and gameboy
    OMG I got a Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, PlayStation, Nintendo 64, PlayStation 2, GameCube, XBox 360, Wii, GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameBoy Advanced, GameBoy Advanced SP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSLite, and a PlayStation Portable. But that doesn't mean I can make posts naming out my consoles just to do so. Now bye bye.

Nintendo or some third party needs to get on the ball and make some real game for the balance board. It can be made into something good if given the time to do so. But right now people have exercise on their mind when they think of it, so that image needs to change. Because right now, from my point of view, with the stuff that happened at the E3 press event, Nintendo is selling out to non-gamers and casuals. It's like "Buy a Wii, you can lose weight.".

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Nintendo or some third party needs to get on the ball and make some real game for the balance board. It can be made into something good if given the time to do so.

Like some sort of surfing game or something? Or a LocoRoco type of game? Hopefully someone will come up with something creative.

I don't really think they're selling out. They're just focusing and highlighting too much on the casual and non-gamers. There has been a ton of good previews, thoughts, and opinions on Metroid Prime 3 even though they didn't really focus on it during the conference. They still have all these great games but they're not focusing on it because they know the gamers are still going to buy them even if they don't make a big deal out of them. They just need to make sure they don't go overboard.

As far as E3 goes....it died last year.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Damn... this thread has been forgotten by it's members.

Anyway... Last night we got a pretty good update from the SSBB site. One we've all been looking for for ages.
    https://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/ike.html
    That be of a new character. We haven't gotten a new character since the trailer came out last year at E3. So this was a nice update from the site (even if I do think E3 07 should have had a new trailer with at least one new character).

Back