• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    May I join? I <3 Nintendo!

>>I'm quite excited for any online SSB title. Whether its the DS version that we are all hoping for, or the Revolution title, its sure to be awesome. We could just call it SSBO [Super Smash Bros: Online] for now >>;

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    Katsuro said:
    >>I'm quite excited for any online SSB title. Whether its the DS version that we are all hoping for, or the Revolution title, its sure to be awesome. We could just call it SSBO [Super Smash Bros: Online] for now >>;

Quite indeed Katsuro... SSBO... cool... but we still don't know anything. We make the initials when we know how the name will be called. That way everyone will know about what game are we talking about.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    The chances of it being SSBO are very high. Anyways, people call it that in gaming forums, so, I've picked up that habit.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2005
    Can I join?
    I don't know if anyone posted this,but I have a magazine that has an interview with Nintendo,and the guy said the Nintendo Revolution might be backwards-compatible with the GameCube!
    I'll try to type the interview if I can ever find the magazine....:P

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    Yes, you both can join. I doubt they would call it SSBO, though, as Nintendo prefers to have more creative titles, or just go with the traditional GAME TITLE + DS = Super Smash Brothers DS.

Bass, thaks for the info but everyone already knows that, in fact it will be backwards compatible with every Nintendo console game ever made.

Yeah, i think Arcy is right in saying that if anyone could pull it off, Nintendo could. After all, that is what they do best. But another thing, maybe this is just me, but it seems that in the e3 hype everyone has forgot that Nintendo has continued with their message: "We will not show much of the Revolution's innovations, in fear of them being stolen." It seems that everyone forgot that there is still MUCH more to come from the Rev, and the "Ultimate Backwards Compatibility" is not going to be the marketing point of the Revolution. People just assume that it will be the main feature of the Revolution, and forgot all about Nintendo's promise to "Revolutionize the way people play video games." I myself am guilty of this, and just realized it as i was reading through the messages. The specs and controller aren't the only thing yet to be released, there are plenty of promises that have yet to be fufilled. So if we have been finding ways to hold up the Revolution against the PS3 and XBOX360 so far, imagine how much ground we will have to stand on when all of its features come out, for PS3 and XBOX360 have revealed all of their major features, and won't have much left to show. So in reality as of now the Revolution may not be the best system, but unlike the PS3 and XBOX360, it has MUCH more to come. (god, i need to shorten my posts, i doubt people actually read everything i write)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Welcome to the new members to the club.

cmatz0 said:
    But another thing, maybe this is just me, but it seems that in the e3 hype everyone has forgot that Nintendo has continued with their message: "We will not show much of the Revolution's innovations, in fear of them being stolen." It seems that everyone forgot that there is still MUCH more to come from the Rev, and the "Ultimate Backwards Compatibility" is not going to be the marketing point of the Revolution. People just assume that it will be the main feature of the Revolution, and forgot all about Nintendo's promise to "Revolutionize the way people play video games." I myself am guilty of this, and just realized it as i was reading through the messages. The specs and controller aren't the only thing yet to be released, there are plenty of promises that have yet to be fufilled. So if we have been finding ways to hold up the Revolution against the PS3 and XBOX360 so far, imagine how much ground we will have to stand on when all of its features come out, for PS3 and XBOX360 have revealed all of their major features, and won't have much left to show. So in reality as of now the Revolution may not be the best system, but unlike the PS3 and XBOX360, it has MUCH more to come.
    What should be remembered is, at first we wasn't going to hear anything about the Revolution at E3. Then they said a movie about it would be at E3 and when E3 came out we got to see a prototype of the Revolution. At first Nintendo wasn't going to even have the Revolution at E3.
    Sure we haven't heard anything much other then:
    It will be able to play GC games. You will be able to download all the NES, SNES & N64 games. It will have wireless controllers (we still don't know how many ports, it might be more then 4, since the PS3 has 7 I'm sure Nintendo will try to get more then 4). As well as a few things like USB ports and memory card slots for something (not sure if it will be Revolution games or not) and maybe a DVD player in it. That's about it.
    And like you said, the downloading of the old games is like a side thing to the Rev. I can't wait till Nintendo gets everything out there. The specs, the controller, the add ons, the controller ports etc.
    And I can't wait to see the graphics for the Revolution. I was watching G4 the other day and they had the KillZone I think it was, it was on the PS3. I was shocked truely truely shocked by their actual game play mode (you know how you got game play mode and then you got movie mode that looks way better then the game play mode). It looked like movie mode to me, I didn't know it was game play mode till they said it was actual game play. I saw a part on a few 360 games and they were ok, better then what's out right now but nothing like the PS3. But I remembered the next Legend of Zelda game for the GC. That Zelda game looked really really good on graphics. I must say as good as the games I saw on the XBox 360 (the graphics of the games I'm talking about). Now if Nintendo did something like that on the Game Cube (this gen system) then I can't wait to see the graphics of the Rev games (because Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess looked as good as the XBox 360's games, a next gen system).

cmatz0 said:
    (god, i need to shorten my posts, i doubt people actually read everything i write)
    You're not the only one that makes long posts. I just hope people reads all the stuff we type. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    Andy/cmatz0- Here I'm feeling guilty for not posting as much as you two xD I read your posts ^^

Hi Steve. I really wondered it you liked Nintendo. I mean, just 'cause you run a forum devoted to a Nintendo registered property, meh, =P

Nintendo specifically said that the shown revolution wasn't their final design. Do any of you have strong opinions about what their design should remove/add from the current prototype?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    PPNSteve said:
    sign me up.. :) *adds a button to siggy*
    Wow, rare when Steve joined a club. Remember, you break it you buy it. XD
    Welcome to the club Steve.

Katsuro said:
    Andy/cmatz0- Here I'm feeling guilty for not posting as much as you two xD I read your posts ^^
    Well we just like to post a lot and have people read it. XD

Katsuro said:
    Nintendo specifically said that the shown revolution wasn't their final design. Do any of you have strong opinions about what their design should remove/add from the current prototype?
    I think they should add a little thing we all call "Color". There are like 3 colors on a Rev (the system color, the color of the name where it says "Revolution" and the restart buttons etc, and the CD slot color). They need to spice it up a little. I was thinking on both sides have like a strip of white or off white (for the black Rev) and say "Nintendo Revolution" on it.
    They also need to put some curves or something on it, because it just looks like removable hard drive or a small DVD player.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    What should be remembered is, at first we wasn't going to hear anything about the Revolution at E3. Then they said a movie about it would be at E3 and when E3 came out we got to see a prototype of the Revolution. At first Nintendo wasn't going to even have the Revolution at E3.
    Sure we haven't heard anything much other then:
    It will be able to play GC games. You will be able to download all the NES, SNES & N64 games. It will have wireless controllers (we still don't know how many ports, it might be more then 4, since the PS3 has 7 I'm sure Nintendo will try to get more then 4). As well as a few things like USB ports and memory card slots for something (not sure if it will be Revolution games or not) and maybe a DVD player in it. That's about it.
    And like you said, the downloading of the old games is like a side thing to the Rev. I can't wait till Nintendo gets everything out there. The specs, the controller, the add ons, the controller ports etc.
    And I can't wait to see the graphics for the Revolution. I was watching G4 the other day and they had the KillZone I think it was, it was on the PS3. I was shocked truely truely shocked by their actual game play mode (you know how you got game play mode and then you got movie mode that looks way better then the game play mode). It looked like movie mode to me, I didn't know it was game play mode till they said it was actual game play. I saw a part on a few 360 games and they were ok, better then what's out right now but nothing like the PS3. But I remembered the next Legend of Zelda game for the GC. That Zelda game looked really really good on graphics. I must say as good as the games I saw on the XBox 360 (the graphics of the games I'm talking about). Now if Nintendo did something like that on the Game Cube (this gen system) then I can't wait to see the graphics of the Rev games (because Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess looked as good as the XBox 360's games, a next gen system).
    yeah, thats a good point. we expected to see just a possible design, but found out that we would see a little more, and now assume "that's it!" And it has been confirmed that the Revoultion will play DVD's (Nintendo's president interview on ign.com).
    Yeah, i watched that KillZone demo, and that was frekin awesome!!! I really hope the Revolution will have graphics like that, and i think that's one reason why Nintendo wouldn't show that much - now that everyone has seen the ps3's graphics, there will be 3 little systems running around with graphics of those capabilities, instead of one (or maybe two). Now that microsoft and nintendo know what ps is capable of, they will be striving to match it. I think Nintendo was smart in not showing thier best innoventions. And so far, everyone has been calling the 360 a huge disappointment, even the g4 people were saying microsoft hasn't played off their advantages and aren't targeting a certain audience, and yeah the Zelda demo looked almost as good as the 360. Since Nintendo said the Rev.'s graphics will be MUCH better than that of the GCN, i am VERY excited to see them (though i already saw the ps3's graphics, so i assume that i've seen all of the 3rd gen's graphics)

Arcanine said:
    You're not the only one that makes long posts. I just hope people reads all the stuff we type. XD
    yeah, before long we're going to develope carpal tunnel syndrome from the length of our posts.

katsuro said:
    they said that it may be smaller, but the general design would look the same. Thats good, because i like it, especially the glowing blue CD slot (that is sooooo frekin cool!)
    Its ok, Katsuro, most people have more to do than me and don't make their posts as long and boring as mine XD

whew, in making this posts i missed a lot of other posts. yeah, of course you can join (whoever asked, my browser won't display the other posts now - its being weird)

Also, Arcy, curves are nice but we sure don't want it ending up like the 360 - i would stick with the design they have now - its really cool, and i don't want them to take a chance and make sumtin like the 360 XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I agree with cmatz0. The design is really cool IMO. IGN said they liked it best when pitted against the grill and the squeeze xD

Really, I think they should make it even more Mac-Mini-esque. The blue glowing DVD slot was a stroke of genius. Not that looks will put it ahead of the competition, but...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Welcome to the club beastmaster999.

cmatz0 said:
    yeah, thats a good point. we expected to see just a possible design, but found out that we would see a little more, and now assume "that's it!" And it has been confirmed that the Revoultion will play DVD's (Nintendo's president interview on ign.com).
    Yeah, i watched that KillZone demo, and that was frekin awesome!!! I really hope the Revolution will have graphics like that, and i think that's one reason why Nintendo wouldn't show that much - now that everyone has seen the ps3's graphics, there will be 3 little systems running around with graphics of those capabilities, instead of one (or maybe two). Now that microsoft and nintendo know what ps is capable of, they will be striving to match it. I think Nintendo was smart in not showing thier best innoventions. And so far, everyone has been calling the 360 a huge disappointment, even the g4 people were saying microsoft hasn't played off their advantages and aren't targeting a certain audience, and yeah the Zelda demo looked almost as good as the 360. Since Nintendo said the Rev.'s graphics will be MUCH better than that of the GCN, i am VERY excited to see them (though i already saw the ps3's graphics, so i assume that i've seen all of the 3rd gen's graphics)
    I hope Nintendo doesn't have to make a big jump to get to the PS3's graphics capabilities. Maybe they are done there (no one knows, because Nintendo hasn't shown much about the Rev). I'm sure the graphics will be good.

cmatz0 said:
    they said that it may be smaller, but the general design would look the same. Thats good, because i like it, especially the glowing blue CD slot (that is sooooo frekin cool!)
    Also, Arcy, curves are nice but we sure don't want it ending up like the 360 - i would stick with the design they have now - its really cool, and i don't want them to take a chance and make sumtin like the 360 XD
    I hope it doesn't go any smaller. It's small enough as is, I don't need a system where it's so small I can't see it. XD

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Welcome to the club beastmaster999.

I hope Nintendo doesn't have to make a big jump to get to the PS3's graphics capabilities. Maybe they are done there (no one knows, because Nintendo hasn't shown much about the Rev). I'm sure the graphics will be good.
    yeah, it would be nice to know that the revolution doesn't have to make a [big] jump to reach the graphic capabilities of the ps3. of course, if they aren't already there, then they better get there, because i don't care how big the jump is, i just want to see some sweet graphics (imagine Metroid Prime with the Killzone demo graphics! pwn Halo for life!!!)

Arcanine said:
    I hope it doesn't go any smaller. It's small enough as is, I don't need a system where it's so small I can't see it. XD
    yeah, i guess i wouldn't really care if it got just a little bit smaller, but a lot smaller woudl make me kinda nervous about the "necessary" power it could have. and even though it would be cool, there isn't really a need for it to be even smaller. just stick with the same size and put a lot of goodies in it :-)

btw arcy, pokejungle's friend told us in the DS Fanclub that pokejungle left PC for another forum, so i don't know what you want to do about his co-ownership (whether you delete it, replace him, or just leave it, i guess it isn't a huge ordeal)

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    The size sould be moderate. I mean...big consoles take too much of space. And small consoles can be easily damaged. Moderate sizes are cool... you can see'em and they don't have to have a whole room by itself. The Nintendo Revolution sould be black by the top, a dark grey in the bottom, and the buttons (start, restart, etc.) ... well, you decide what colors XD.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    If this was the same general look of the finished revolution, would you rather have it horizontal or vertical? Personally, I like the vertical position better.

And, I guess we could actually talk about Nintendo's other products here too! Are you guys at all excited for the Micro? I'm really excited for it. Most of my friends are too. It looks awesome.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    cmatz0 said:
    yeah, it would be nice to know that the revolution doesn't have to make a [big] jump to reach the graphic capabilities of the ps3. of course, if they aren't already there, then they better get there, because i don't care how big the jump is, i just want to see some sweet graphics (imagine Metroid Prime with the Killzone demo graphics! pwn Halo for life!!!)
    If Metroid was like KillZone and was also a multiplayer and/or online game then Nintendo would have it's Halo game. It would have it's multiplayer shooting game for Nintendo. And that would be another game I would get for the Rev.

cmatz0 said:
    yeah, i guess i wouldn't really care if it got just a little bit smaller, but a lot smaller woudl make me kinda nervous about the "necessary" power it could have. and even though it would be cool, there isn't really a need for it to be even smaller. just stick with the same size and put a lot of goodies in it :-)
    If it got any smaller then it is now then I fear they won't be able to pack everything in it. I mean I don't want the smallest system in the world. I want a system that will do good but still keep a good size. If they have to make it larger to get more in there then I'm happy about it. But I just hope they won't give up stuff to add to the Revolution just because it might hurt it's small size (like they are going to give up ... to keep the size it is).

cmatz0 said:
    btw arcy, pokejungle's friend told us in the DS Fanclub that pokejungle left PC for another forum, so i don't know what you want to do about his co-ownership (whether you delete it, replace him, or just leave it, i guess it isn't a huge ordeal)
    So he isn't going to be around anymore? Well I'll remove him from the Co-Owners list and might replace him one day.

Max Hunter said:
    The size sould be moderate. I mean...big consoles take too much of space. And small consoles can be easily damaged. Moderate sizes are cool... you can see'em and they don't have to have a whole room by itself. The Nintendo Revolution sould be black by the top, a dark grey in the bottom, and the buttons (start, restart, etc.) ... well, you decide what colors XD.
    Well I remember some one posting on PC that they watched on TV where they took a Game Cube, a PS2 and and X-Box and tested stuff on it. Size isn't always tied to breakable stuff. Drop your TV 5 feet off the floor and drop your GBA 5 feet off the floor and see if they both will still work (I bet my money on the GBA).
    But to me I would take a big system that does more then a small system that does less.

Katsuro said:
    If this was the same general look of the finished revolution, would you rather have it horizontal or vertical? Personally, I like the vertical position better.

And, I guess we could actually talk about Nintendo's other products here too! Are you guys at all excited for the Micro? I'm really excited for it. Most of my friends are too. It looks awesome.
    I like it standing up (if you look at the logo it's level when you stand it up, so it's really meant to be standing up). Having it flat looks like a small DVD player.

And yea we kind of did turn this thread into a Revolution thread. XD
    I'm not getting the GBM. Sure it looks nice, but it's way too small for me. And I also got a GBA, an SP and a DS. I just really don't need another system that plays GBA games. I am saving up for the Revolution and the PS3, so no need for me to spend money on something I done more or less have.

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    arcanine said:
    If Metroid was like KillZone and was also a multiplayer and/or online game then Nintendo would have it's Halo game. It would have it's multiplayer shooting game for Nintendo. And that would be another game I would get for the Rev.
    yeah, thats what i've been thinking. why make a whole new halo killer when you already have a great one? of course an army type shooting game (metroid isn't exactly a halo type game, considering your not in an army like in halo or killzone) wouldn't be bad, but in addition to the halo killer (which Nintendo said that they are developing) they need to do exactly what arcy said - add a multiplayer online similar to halo2, and you have a great game, especailly since metroid has drawn so many fans (me being a big one).
    arcanine said:
    If it got any smaller then it is now then I fear they won't be able to pack everything in it. I mean I don't want the smallest system in the world. I want a system that will do good but still keep a good size. If they have to make it larger to get more in there then I'm happy about it. But I just hope they won't give up stuff to add to the Revolution just because it might hurt it's small size (like they are going to give up ... to keep the size it is).
    In a way you are right, but in another way this has been a scare that has got a little out of hand. It is very coincidental, Nintendo releasing the Revolution and saying it will be very small, and releasing the GBM, but i would like to think that Nintendo is smart enough to realize that size and looks aren't everything (look at the DS, a slight bit bulky and not as cool design as the PSP, but it has been wildly popular and has sold beyond their expectations). I think that because of the Rev.'s small size being announced around the time of the GBM, people are fearing that the Revolution will not be as pwrful as the ps3 and 360 because of its size, but i think that this may be simply a coincidence, and nintendo has found a way to harness all the power that they need in a small design without the extra crap. I think that even though it may be small, we need to trust nintendo and realize that they will please us, and change the way we play video games, no matter how big or small it is.

Finally, in response to the GBM, i will get it simply because i have nothing else to ask for for my b-day (besides a nu basketball), and it will be something i will carry around with me everywhere, when i only bring my DS when i know i will use it. i may have already mentioned this, but i see waht nintendo was doing in making a handheld you can slip in your pocket and pull it out whenever you feel like using it, and you can use the gba media player to carry songs or movies with you on a tiny screen.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Can I join sweeties!?!?! XD I wuv Nintendo! *If you didn't know that, you have no right talking to me. XD*

Anyway, one comment to the things I skimmed through, big things, come in small packetges. (Yes, I am aware I'm a terrible speller, sweeties) XD

Back