• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    MegaLightBlaze said:
    Kirby DS

I'm looking forward to the new Kirby Game. I didn't care if it was like CC or the regular games. Kirby is Kirby, and that's all that matters.. And I still want Waluigi to be in SSBB. WahHaHa!!!
    Sweet, sweeties, a new Kirby game! X3 Speaking about Kirby, what ever happen to Kirby's GCN game?

Anybody has a DS lite? My brother just got his...and well...I'm jealous. ;0;
    The holding it feels great, and seeing it up close is simply gorgous.

Pokémon D/P seems to the best Pokémon out of the series just from the looks of it. I've got to get it.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    So friggen busy lately... X_X

Samurai X said:
    Well, the DSLite is selling a lot already and New Super Mario Bros was the top selling game in May for the US in just two weeks of sales. The DSLite sold 135,000 in just two days so they expect to sell 500,000 in ten days just like when the DS launched back in 04. Brain age was the third best seller in May and the sales have tripled since the DSLite was released and New Super Mario Bros sales doubled.
    That's a good number for Nintendo, it just shows how much the DSLite is liked. That smaller system and brighter screen is what people wants, and the sells are showing that.

Samurai X said:
    In some Pokemon related news they have some pretty good information about it on this page over at IGN so make sure to read that.
    I read that on GS. I'm very happy with D/P. I love how they made a come back with the day system (I was very let down by games after G/S/C that didn't have days to them), I loved it on G/S/C and I can't wait to see how it works out on D/P (even more so since they got two more day types to it).
    D/P is also going to be online so to me it'll be the best Pokemon games. And if they add the mic into it (like calling out attacks) some how then I'll be picking it up the very first day.

Samurai X said:
    Here's a nice thing on the Wii that I want you guys to look at, it's good news fopr the Wii if it's true, it is in a magazine so it has a good chance of being true.

Star Wars and Wii development
    I saw that when they first posted it up there.
    Star Wars: I am sooooooooooooooooo glad they are making a Star Wars lightsaber game. They need one so bad because how many would love to use that lightsaber like a Jedi? I'm sure all of us that's watched Star Wars has held a stick or sword and make that lightsaber sound XD. So now we'll really be able to fight with one on the Wii.

Developers: I don't find it all that surprising that they're going to Nintendo, I just find it strange. I mean everyone is making games for the Wii. And not just some small names here and there. (note, the games I list behind the third party makers aren't all games they're going to make, I'm just listing what they're known for) You got EA (the largest third party game maker), Square (Final Fantasy), Lucas Arts (Star Wars), Konami/Kojima (Metal Gear Solid), Ubisoft (Shooters, Rayman), Sega (Sonic), Namco-Bandai (Tales games, Tekken), Activision (Call of Duty), Midway (Racing games), Atari (DBZ), THQ (SpongeBob), Capcom (Resident Evil), Hudson Soft (Bomberman), SNK (Fighting, Metal Slug), Tecmo (Dead or Alive), Warner Bros (Loony Toons). As well as lots of others. The Wii has this big strong backing behind them. And a lot of the developers aren't happy about dishing out all the cash they got to pay for getting a PS3 Dev Kit.

Ok....
    https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/21/red-steel-sword-fighting-fixed/
    Red Steel working right? I'm sure some of us has heard that there was probs at E3 with the sword fighting of Red Steel. So maybe they got it working right and got the fighting down pat.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2...aracter-making-super-smash-bros-brawl-roster/
    Ubisoft getting a character in SSBB? I wouldn't put it past them, I mean the maker of SSBB has said that SSBB will have 1 or 2 more third party characters in there. And since Ubisoft is making a big hot shot game for the Wii they might just get one of them in SSBB. I'd like to see Sam Fischer vs Snake. XD

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/19/laughable-rumor-nintendo-to-rename-console-again/

Oh and to all of you that didn't know. The Wii is going to get a name change... XD

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I always used to do the lightsaber sound.XD

I was reading on Wiifanboy that the Wii might get Far Cry and Prince of Persia, I loved the first Far Cry game on the X-Box and I can see how the Wiimote could make it better. BTW, if you've ever played Far Cry you know how good it looks and just imagine Far Cry but a little better and that is possibly the Wii graphical ability right there, just saying cause that's a good looking game on X-Box and the Wii is better.

Yeah, I saw the Red Steel control thing too, I really hope this game delivers the goods, it's probably the most anticipated game for Wii from a third party.

Well, some Ubi characters will be good but I'm still hoping and wishing for Sonic. I have to admit that Snake vs Sam seems like the perfect fight.

Yeah I saw that name change thing, I thought it was a joke but it could be real.

Edit: This has nothing to do directly with Nintendo but it's fun watching the competition go at it XD. Here is what some Sony guy had to say to Microsoft:

"I guess if price is the only consideration, then we've won the war, because we've got a $129 PlayStation 2 that outsells the Xbox 360 today."

"We're looking to sell 100 million-plus worldwide. We're looking to sell 50 million plus in North America. So, if a competitor gets to 6 to 10 million worldwide, I would not consider that to be a significant advantage or a significant disadvantage as far as we're concerned."

"There's no question they [Microsoft] have a higher pain tolerance. I think most companies, if they'd lost the billions that Microsoft has lost on the Xbox, would question whether or not they belong in the business. Obviously, they have a different standard of success."

"If we had suffered the struggles that Microsoft had, I'd question whether we'd be serious about the business today. Fortunately for us, we've never been in that position. And I guess until we get in that position, it's difficult to determine how we would react."

"There's no question that having the Grand Theft Auto franchise helped us a lot and helped us sell some units, but I don't think the battle would be any different with or without Grand Theft Auto."

"I think it's a fact that Sony Computer Entertainment software has far outsold Halo, because Halo was the one and only title to come out there. So, do we have a title? I don't know."

"I guess I'd have to look at the numbers on Gran Turismo vs. the numbers on Halo. But I can guarantee you that Sony Computer Entertainment's first-party software far and away outsold Microsoft's first-party software."

Wow, looks like he really hates Microsoft, I wonder what MS says now...and more importantly if either of them say anything about Nintendo. Somewhere in Japan the Nintendo guys are having a good laugh at this, it is what they wanted, to have Sony and MS killing eachother. They're not killing eachother quite yet but it's starting. *grabs popcorn*

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    That's funny, I find it real funny that both Sony and Microsoft get up there and take shots at each other. All it does is get all the Sony and Microsoft fanboys all worked up.
    But I still dislike both Sony and Microsoft.

Microsoft: My brother got a 360 a few weeks ago. I love the two games he got on it, they look great and play well (Oblivion!!!!! That is a good game, it's one of the few games that can get me off of the computer). But the hardware is crap, the fan is too loud, it locks up sometimes, it also gets disc read errors over the littlest of scrubs (scrubs it makes I might add), and the wireless controllers use too much power (the batteries are getting zapped). I thought after 7 or 8 months they'd fix some of their crap, looks like I was wrong.

Sony: Their hardware is crap, it's that simple. My PSP has a crack (and it's not my doing), my first PS2 is broke, and I got 2 or 3 broke PS2 controllers. That just shows how well Sony makes their hardware. For this gen it is my fav system (I got more games on it then I do the GC), they do got some great games for it. But I don't buy a Sony system because of it's name or hardware, I buy it for the games on it, Kingdom Hearts, Final Final Fantasy, FSP games and others.

You know what's the darnest thing, I don't buy Nintendo's hardware because of the games, I buy it because it has Nintendo on it. I'm not kidding, I got my DS the day it came out yet it was a year till I got my first game. I want a DSLite, yet I already have a DS. I wanted a Wii before we knew about the Revolution. I want the next GameBoy without knowing anything about it. We didn't get a 360 because of the Microsoft name or the hardware, we didn't buy a PS2 because it had the Sony name.

Oh and incase anyone haven't heard. Sony said the Wii is a child's system, not kidding, they said that. I find it real funny that they change sides so much. From the time Philly Cheese Steak (that's what my brother calls him) goes off saying "Poor DS, the PSP is going to come out on top" (I'm sure all of you remember him saying that), to him saying "Everyone will buy a PS3 and a Wii", and now they're back to "The Wii is a child's system". Wow, can't they make up their mind on "Do we like or hate Nintendo?".

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Ahhh...the drama. XD

As far as hardware is concerned I think Nintendo is the winner, I have never had a faulty Nintendo system, my DS works perfectly, SP works well, Gameboy Color is good, I've had my GC since launch and I'm pretty sure that if I hooked up my NES and SNES they would work too. My X-Box is crappy, two/three controllers don't even work and the one that does has stuck buttons that weren't my causing. My old Playstation, however, worked well so no Sony hating....for now. Had a PS2 and worked well until I sold it....to get a DS, what a coincidence. I guess I'm a lot like you Andy, I buy my hardware because it's Nintendo, I trust them so much that as long as it's a Nintendo gaming system, I'm buying it. I also know that the first party software is the best out there and that only helps to the cause.

Sony says too many things, they should just shut up and focus on the PS3. Now they're talking about how the Wii is a childs system, sounds like the whole "DS is going to lose" thing like you said. We all know how that came out...I remember Philly Cheese Steak said that the DS only does well because of Pokemon, the thing is Pokemon wasn't even out yet! As far as I'm concerned the real Pokemon games are yet to come and then they will see what Pokemon does for the DS.

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    All of my Nintendo systems have worked fine except the GC at one point where it would never be able to read a disc. We found out that many people that this problem so we had to take it a part and fix it. My Xbox has never had one single problem ever though. It's worked just as well as the day I got it. I've gone through about 3 controllers though. Haven't even broke my first one yet for the GC. The PS3 isn't getting much good attention. I've seen people all run to the Nintendo Wii instead passing by the PS3 place. I've seen the PS3 freeze at E3. The 360 does have some problems, but it's all getting fixed I'm pretty sure.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    The only Nintendo system that I own that doesn't work is my SNES (my first game system). I guess it's due to being old and being in a warm place (as in on the HOT side). Other then that the rest works well (but I do got a crack in my GBA that I'm not happy with).

The other day I talked a cousin of mine into getting the Wii. But Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo really did all the talking. I mean he isn't going to touch the PS3 unless it goes down a great deal on price. And he is let down with the 360 (he played it at a friend's house). He didn't know all that much about the Wii but all I had to tell him was mostly the games and a little about the system. He likes FPS games on the PC so he'll like the Wiimote, he likes the idea of free online, and being able to download old games, being able to play GC games, and most of all he wants LoZ: TP (Triffy would get along with him XD), SSBB (he said he is going to get SSBB and SSBM), Metroid Prime 3 (as well as 1 and 2 for the GC), and that Star Wars Lightsaber game done it in for him (big Star Wars fan). The Wii speaks for itself. The 360 was a let down, ask someone that owns a 360 and "it's got great graphics" is what's you'll hear from most (not me since I go by game play XD. You ask me what's good about the 360 and I'll say "Oblivion and GRAW are great games"). And the PS3's price is so high that no one is going to care how good it is. Who is going to dish out $500-600 dollars to say "Look at it's graphics!!!".

(What I find funny most of all is, I dis the 360 and PS3 so much but my brother has a 360 and I'm going to buy the PS3. XD)

https://thewiire.com/news/354/1/SD_Cards_Not_Only_Storage_Medium
    I wonder what else they'll have for the Wii. I wonder if they'll have a removable hard drive, or something along the lines of memory cards like the GC.

https://thewiire.com/features/150/1/Wii_Remote_Revisions
    The Wiire has went out and told the difference in the two remotes. It's great to tell the differnece in the new and old remote for the Wii. It tells what's updated and tells how the new one will be better then the one we saw at the 05 TGS. With the pic they got you can see a difference in the new and old remote.

https://thewiire.com/news/353/1/FilsAime_on_WiiConnect24_Microtransactions
    I was happy when they said that they'll have something sort of like XBox Live. When I got the 360 I really liked how interface thing was. And I liked how you can get points from game upgrades, demos and that sort of stuff for the 360. You do ... and you'll get a rank or something and you'll get points for that (or you can buy them at the store). That'd be great for downloading old games to the Wii. You got to pay 300 points for a game by getting points off your other games or buying point cards at the store. You're buying a game for the system, at least get a little more out of it (if I can get 1200 points out of the two games my brother got for the 360 then that's $15 dollars worth of points) where it can help you buy an old game or something.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/22/weird-slots-on-wii-gamepad/
    Well as you can see by the pic, it has some strange holes on the back of it. Me and Robo thinks it's where you put the remote (since no one wants it hanging down bouncing around when you're playing games). But I'll leave that up to you guys.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/23/the-fps-conundrum/
    If you're an FPS fan then read this. They layout how FPS games will likely play on the Wii. It also shows that it's not as fast moving as a mouse but is faster then a controller. At the same time, what will gamers go for? Will they go for a mouse and keyboard that's faster then the remote? Or will they go for the remote and it being and feeling more real then the mouse and keyboard?

Years
    Arcanine said:
    The only Nintendo system that I own that doesn't work is my SNES (my first game system). I guess it's due to being old and being in a warm place (as in on the HOT side). Other then that the rest works well (but I do got a crack in my GBA that I'm not happy with).

The other day I talked a cousin of mine into getting the Wii. But Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo really did all the talking. I mean he isn't going to touch the PS3 unless it goes down a great deal on price. And he is let down with the 360 (he played it at a friend's house). He didn't know all that much about the Wii but all I had to tell him was mostly the games and a little about the system. He likes FPS games on the PC so he'll like the Wiimote, he likes the idea of free online, and being able to download old games, being able to play GC games, and most of all he wants LoZ: TP (Triffy would get along with him XD), SSBB (he said he is going to get SSBB and SSBM), Metroid Prime 3 (as well as 1 and 2 for the GC), and that Star Wars Lightsaber game done it in for him (big Star Wars fan). The Wii speaks for itself. The 360 was a let down, ask someone that owns a 360 and "it's got great graphics" is what's you'll hear from most (not me since I go by game play XD. You ask me what's good about the 360 and I'll say "Oblivion and GRAW are great games"). And the PS3's price is so high that no one is going to care how good it is. Who is going to dish out $500-600 dollars to say "Look at it's graphics!!!".

GEM: True, and LOL

(What I find funny most of all is, I dis the 360 and PS3 so much but my brother has a 360 and I'm going to buy the PS3. XD)

https://thewiire.com/news/354/1/SD_Cards_Not_Only_Storage_Medium
    I wonder what else they'll have for the Wii. I wonder if they'll have a removable hard drive, or something along the lines of memory cards like the GC.

GEM: The possibilities are endless.

https://thewiire.com/features/150/1/Wii_Remote_Revisions
    The Wiire has went out and told the difference in the two remotes. It's great to tell the differnece in the new and old remote for the Wii. It tells what's updated and tells how the new one will be better then the one we saw at the 05 TGS. With the pic they got you can see a difference in the new and old remote.

GEM: The differences are good. They are subtle, yet add to the Wii's awsomness.

https://thewiire.com/news/353/1/FilsAime_on_WiiConnect24_Microtransactions
    I was happy when they said that they'll have something sort of like XBox Live. When I got the 360 I really liked how interface thing was. And I liked how you can get points from game upgrades, demos and that sort of stuff for the 360. You do ... and you'll get a rank or something and you'll get points for that (or you can buy them at the store). That'd be great for downloading old games to the Wii. You got to pay 300 points for a game by getting points off your other games or buying point cards at the store. You're buying a game for the system, at least get a little more out of it (if I can get 1200 points out of the two games my brother got for the 360 then that's $15 dollars worth of points) where it can help you buy an old game or something.

GEM: I'd love a system similar to that of the 360's system for that.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/22/weird-slots-on-wii-gamepad/
    Well as you can see by the pic, it has some strange holes on the back of it. Me and Robo thinks it's where you put the remote (since no one wants it hanging down bouncing around when you're playing games). But I'll leave that up to you guys.

GEM: Exactly, I thought it was pretty obvious.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/23/the-fps-conundrum/
    If you're an FPS fan then read this. They layout how FPS games will likely play on the Wii. It also shows that it's not as fast moving as a mouse but is faster then a controller. At the same time, what will gamers go for? Will they go for a mouse and keyboard that's faster then the remote? Or will they go for the remote and it being and feeling more real then the mouse and keyboard?

GEM: I read that article earlier, and thought it was good. I like the idea of that setup. I don't know why everyone yells at it. LOL
    The Uncanny Valley and Wii
    A very true article. I agree.
    -GEM

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I been wanting to read that every since it came out, but didn't take the time to read it till you posted it. XD

And I got to agree with all of it. When I showed Erica that PS3 pic she was "That isn't a game, that's a real woman!", and I was the same way when I first saw it. But at the same time she didn't feel real right, I mean she was like she was hollow. It looked sooooo real, but it didn't feel real for some reason. But I look at Link's pic and I get this cold, wet feeling all over me. I look at it and I feel like I'm out in the rain on a cold winter night (I'm not really sitting here shaking to death because I'm ice cold, but I just get that feeling when I look at it).
    And it said in another part that people will be like "Why can't I do this?". It looks real but really has no mass. Like if you had an FPS, you won't be able to pull out an M60 and slice a tree in half like you could IRL. My brother has playing GRAW (it's an FPS for the 360), and there was one part where you had your tank shooting at another. And I was like "WTF?" because his tank wasn't shooting because he wasn't in the right spot. IRL that tank could take out another one from a long ways away (like miles), but it couldn't hit one 700 feet infront of it. And a lot of gamers will be like that, I mean they'll be wondering "Hey I'm shooting this TV here, I've done put 300 rounds into it so why isn't it falling apart by now?". The games might just look too real for it's own good, every game maker can't go in and make everything perfect. But Sony and Microsoft stride to make their game systems look perfect. There was a PC game at E3 06 where you could use your M60 and cut down trees like you could IRL, and I was like WOW!!!! But I bet you'll never (or rarely) see it on the PS3 and 360. Yes the people, the land and everything looks real, but it doesn't have that sort of feeling.

Edit: I was in a rush yesterday so I forgot to add a few things some of you guys might want to look at.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/30/wii-power-supply-revealed/
    The Wii's powerstrip (like it "really" matters XD).

https://thewiire.com/news/355/1/SEGA_Looking_Ahead_to_Second_Generation_of_Titles
    Sega really really backing Nintendo. I still think it'd be smart move if Nintendo bought out Sega. I mean they're a third party game maker now, and they are really backing the Wii (not only the games but you can download Sega Gen games on the Wii). I wouldn't be surprised if Sonic ended up on SSBB, infact I think I'd be more surprised if Sonic wasn't on it.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/29/under-the-flap/
    That flap is now OPEN!
    Looks like they could have added a little more stuff in there. That would have been a perfect place for a removable hard drive. I mean the size and place and everything would fit it sooooooo well.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/06/28/slight-alterations-to-the-wii-controller/
    And that is pretty good. It has the controller (I think the controller they got there is after the 05 TGS and before the E3 06, since the changes look like it's in the middle of the two.
    It also shows how small that sensor is, and how big the controller is and all sorts of other stuff.
    I wish I was there to get my hands on a Wiimote. XD

Last edited:

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Wow, we need some news to keep this place alive, throw us a bone Nintendo! XD

Yes, I also agree with the "Uncanny Valley" thing, that comparison of Mary Smith and Link is real good, even though the woman looks pretty real she just doesn't seem real like the article said she is "trapped in the Uncanny Valley". Then there's the issue that basically says, if it looks more real we expect the game to be more real, this is true because in some games you can't climb or go over a certain something and when a game looks more real you expect to be able to climb or go over a certain something and it's hard to make every single object interactive with the game. The thing that strikes me the most is the Baiten Katos ending example in which the writer cried at the end because of the character's emotion even though they weren't realistic and then he says that Mary Smith, even though she looks real, does not give that sense of emotion because she is like a puppet without a soul.

XD Yeah it doesn't really matter so....next. XD

So true, Sega has a great relationship with Nintendo and they love to back them, I think, because they like what Nintendo is doing. The thing that troubles me in that article is when he says, "I recently got back from a little tour around, and I've not seen a lot of third parties developing [on Wii], so they're behind" That's not good for the Wii, they need third party, this and the supposed kiddy image is what held them back this last generation with the Gamecube. I believe that if Nintendo can get the third party support they could win this next gen, just look at the DS. They have to nail that launch and sell a lot to do that. I like what Mark Bozon said from IGN because it's true that they have to do good at launch to convince the third parties to make games, "It's like a student standing up to a bully, and the whole school watching to see how it pans out. If Wii demands respect, it will get it. I'm convinced of that."

No, I wanted the super 3-D projector laser thechnology in the Wii!!!!! XD j/k
    Well, it wasn't really a big secret what was under there anyway, at least for me. I did expect more though, like two slots instead of one or something . Didn't think there would be a SYNC button though, most likely for the DS connectivity.

Wow that sensor is sexy. XD I was expecting it to be bigger than that, it's going to look good by my TV. Also, the Wiimote is tiny, and I also can't wait to get my hands on it. I think you're right Andy, the controller they got is probably an in between version, well, it's not like it matters anyway, I don't see the big deal in the button labels as long as it still dos what it's supposed to do.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I don't know about the third party thing. I mean I've read at other places that Nintnedo has a strong backing. And many of Sony's third party game makers are leaving for the Wii. The Wiire has a list of titles (I think you guys have seen it before). And it has 69 third-party games out there from 37 companies (and it doesn't have all the games, like it doesn't have that Star Wars Lightsaber game for example). For right now it's not bad. The way I look at it, at least it's better then Sony.

I just wish Nintendo would make up their mind and stick with the controller. I mean adding more buttons or taking them away isn't a smart idea. They just need to stick with that, get all the bugs worked out and move on to other things.

Oh, and a little something that might get you people up. November 6th is when the Wii will be out?
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=3440
    Friday Robo was talking to me about how some drunk Nintendo Rep said that the Wii will be Oct 30th in Japan and will be out 10 days later everywhere else. That Nov 6th and that Nov 9th date is pretty close to each other (3 days apart isn't all that much). One of the two could be true. If so then everyone better be ready for a November 6-9th release date.
    I just wish it was sooner, I mean out sometime around October, give the places enough time for people who want the Wii to go out and buy one, and then give the stores enough time to restock for Christmas sells.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I think there were a few screens a page or two back. At least I think there were......

Anyway some more news.... This should be turned into a Nintendo news thing for PC, seeing how we don't talk about Nintendo all that much, just post what's new. XD

https://gonintendo.com/?p=3500
    StarFox Command (I know you guys want it XD) having a rumble pack. But a rumble pack on a whole new level? O_o;;
    It does look like it's making another StarFox game a testing ground for something new (StarFox on the SNES had that 3D chip thing, the N64 one had rumble, and this new one is having it on a whole new level...).

https://gamefly.com/products/detailhardware.asp?plat=1085&tab=1
    I don't have a clue about HDTVs (seeing how my dad got out first one like 3 days ago). And this might have done been said, but what is up with "High-Definition Game Support
    480p supported". I thought Nintendo said the Wii won't have HD support, unless that's something along the lines of widescreen.... I'll let you guys talk about that since I'm clueless...

https://blogs.ign.com/craig-ign/2006/07/05/23988/
    That made me cry (not really XD). Just look at it, just look at it's dark sexy look....... *drools* I want a Black DSLite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that's over. XD

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/07/05/the-wiimote-as-a-power-glove/
    That wouldn't be a bad idea. I mean I know I posted that the Wiimote could be used for fighting/boxing games and that'd work out really great. Just think of playing some games with that Power Glove. Nintendo needs to get on the ball and bring it back on the Wii.

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/07/06/nintendo-wags-finger-at-recent-cnn-rumor/
    Can anyone say October-November? There is no way Nintendo would come out and say "Guess what people, today is September 1st, and by the end of the month you'll be playing you Wii at home.". It'd be too soon for Nintendo to come out, get stuff together, get ads out there and all that within a month. That's why I say mid Oct is the best time for the Wii to come out (Mid to late October is also the most likely, they'd be stupid to let Sony get a head start on them).

Oh, and this post puts me up to the second highest poster on PC. I thought this would be the best place to make the post.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    The name should be changed to Nintendo Gaming News.

Yes I want it, but I probably won't get it because I need to save for the Wii. Starfox seems to be the guinea pig franchise for Nintendo. XD I hope this "whole new level" really is a whole new level.

HDTV is basically just higher resolutions than normal TV, here is an example:

Normal TV: 640x480; this is what we call 480i, this is in 4:3 normal.
    EDTV(Enhanced Definition): 856x480; this is what the Wii will be using, it's not quited HD but it's better than normal, this is in 16:9 widescreen.
    HDTV: 720p; this is the first real 'HD' resolution, 1280x720, and what most 360 games run in if they're HD, also in 16:9 widescreen; 1080i/p is also widescreen and uses the highest resolution on TV's so far, 1920x1080
    Just so you know the little letters, like 'i' and 'p' represent the # of frames per second, in videogames it's usually 30 frames for 'i' and 60 for 'p'. The Wii will offer 480p support, actually if you look on back of some of your Gamecube games(example in Prime 1, you love my artwork don't you? XD) some of them say "Progressive Scan Compatible" that means they can run in 480p if you have the cables and a TV that can do it.

Wow, that black DSLite sure looks sexy! Nintendo should release the black one here in the US in time for the holidays. Andy, it had me drooling too, I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

*drools more* Now it's over. XD

That would be a good idea, just imagine the possibilities!

I knew that was fake from the beginning, Nintendo had said 4th Quarter and then they were going to say the release date in September so I didn't fall for it. I also think they will release in mid to late October and maybe early November.

Congratulations on the accomplishment Andy! Just shows your love of this club, good job!

Years
    Yeah, Congrats!
    5 New Pokemon were Revealed!
    NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

God those Legendaries are sexy! *Drool* LOL
    The other 3 dont havve claer pictures, but here's some Pokemon Wonderland Volume 8 bluryness here!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Samurai X said:
    The name should be changed to Nintendo Gaming News.

Yes I want it, but I probably won't get it because I need to save for the Wii. Starfox seems to be the guinea pig franchise for Nintendo. XD I hope this "whole new level" really is a whole new level.
    I should be. XD

Well I just hope it rumbles more, I got Metroid Pinball and the rumble is a tad on the low side. So if they jack it up some then I'll be happy.

Samurai X said:
    HDTV is basically just higher resolutions than normal TV, here is an example:

Normal TV: 640x480; this is what we call 480i, this is in 4:3 normal.
    EDTV(Enhanced Definition): 856x480; this is what the Wii will be using, it's not quited HD but it's better than normal, this is in 16:9 widescreen.
    HDTV: 720p; this is the first real 'HD' resolution, 1280x720, and what most 360 games run in if they're HD, also in 16:9 widescreen; 1080i/p is also widescreen and uses the highest resolution on TV's so far, 1920x1080
    Just so you know the little letters, like 'i' and 'p' represent the # of frames per second, in videogames it's usually 30 frames for 'i' and 60 for 'p'. The Wii will offer 480p support, actually if you look on back of some of your Gamecube games(example in Prime 1, you love my artwork don't you? XD) some of them say "Progressive Scan Compatible" that means they can run in 480p if you have the cables and a TV that can do it.
    Ok so I really don't need to run out and get a HDTV for the Wii, I just need a EDTV (for widescreen)?
    Blah, I might just get an HD for the PS3 (I need a new TV because I fear the Wii won't work on it, the TV I got now doesn't have the ports for the cables that comes in the box with the system). My dad got a pretty nice one and it's not all "that" much. X_X
    Thanks for the info, all that was really really clear and I now understands the differences in all the sizes and all that.

Samurai X said:
    Wow, that black DSLite sure looks sexy! Nintendo should release the black one here in the US in time for the holidays. Andy, it had me drooling too, I want one!!!!!!!!!!!!

*drools more* Now it's over. XD
    if they had the black then I might think about dipping in my Wii money (I got about 10 bucks XD) to get it.

Samurai X said:
    Congratulations on the accomplishment Andy! Just shows your love of this club, good job!
    Thanks, and yea I do love the club. I really didn't think it'd be this big (almost 2K posts) when I started it.

MegaLightBlaze said:
    Yeah, Congrats!
    5 New Pokemon were Revealed!
    NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

God those Legendaries are sexy! *Drool* LOL
    The other 3 dont havve claer pictures, but here's some Pokemon Wonderland Volume 8 bluryness here!
    Thanks.

Wow, them legendries do look really really really sweet. I can't wait to see a high res pic of them to see how much better they look. Them alone is getting me worked up over D/P. I want that red one! XD

https://gonintendo.com/?p=3554
    Far Cry on the Wii?
    I think Robo told me something about it. It would be pretty good to see Far Cry on it.

Years

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Wow, I really hope that's true about SSBB. That would just be frickin awesome, and it would add a whole new aspect to the game. Using the environment against your opponent would just be sweet, and customizing your character's stats would really make the game more challenging and fun.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
    Morkula said:
    Wow, I really hope that's true about SSBB. That would just be frickin awesome, and it would add a whole new aspect to the game. Using the environment against your opponent would just be sweet, and customizing your character's stats would really make the game more challenging and fun.
    That would be cool. XD

It'd be even better if there was a seperate mode for leveling up characters, and melee just uses their default, you know what I mean?

Back