• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Woah!!, it is still on there after this long, well SSBM is a freaking awesome game it doesn't really surprise me but it does a little when it has been this long since it has been out, 35 months, wow that is a long time and it still isn't down, HOLY COW.

Stevo-Kun

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I guess that shows a lot of people like Super Smash Bros game. And gives Nintendo another reason to do better on the Rev SSB game.
    Some times I just wish they wouldn't let out one per system. I mean the N64 only had one, the GC only had one, and I bet the Rev will only have one. I know with the way it's still selling there isn't a need to make a new one for the GC, but I know everyone would like it.

And the DS is cooking over in Europe.
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/29/news_6128324.html
    Nintendo is selling a lot of DS systems over there.

Stevo-kun

Years
    Yeah you have a point, I would like to see mor then one SSB game on the Revolution but I don't see that happening ;-;. Man the DS is doing awesome so I think this is why they are thinking of shipping more things over to Europs first before the US because it seems Europes figures are risin and the USA's are falling.

Stevo-Kun

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Stevo-Kun said:
    Yeah you have a point, I would like to see mor then one SSB game on the Revolution but I don't see that happening ;-;. Man the DS is doing awesome so I think this is why they are thinking of shipping more things over to Europs first before the US because it seems Europes figures are risin and the USA's are falling.

Stevo-Kun
    If the SSB Rev sells good (and I know it will). Then I really don't see them making another one on the Rev. I think most people will get one more or less when it first comes out. And one of the top games they are going to get is the SSB online game. So they are going to sell a ton of them at the start.
    But then again, I don't think anyone would have dreamed that SSBM would have lasted this long. Comes out like a month after the GC and keeps selling till the Rev comes out.
    If it lasts for 6 more months without dropping off the list then it will have been top 10 for 4 years.

I wouldn't say the US figures are falling. I'll just say both are up.
    Because in the first two weeks here in the US the DS sold over 700,000 units (in Europe it took 3 weeks to sell 500K). And in a month we were over 1 Million systems (in Europe it took 3).
    But the US, Europe and Japan are all up on DS sells.

Stevo-kun

Years
    Yeah what I meant is they have risen and fallen a little bit from what they would have selled a while back, plues Europe isn't as big as the US so it would sell quicker.

Yeah I never thought it would last this long, how the hell it managed it is beyond me and if the Rev one improves on it then it will definately sell and keep selling. Well it will be in the top ten for like 12 years now, man I never knew this, Nintendo really know how to sell things and sell them well, I still need to get a DS and I will once I have money, this is a real kick in the butt for Sony though LOL. Take that!!. Not selling pre luach PSP's, but I think the DS is better but that is because I am a NIntendo Fanboy. But it said there the UK are where it sold the most with over 250k DS systems flogged. That probably mean and I hope it does that more stuff comes out here earlier. So that means the UK is definately rising.

Stevo-Kun

Years
    heh sorry I haven't posted
    well that means that the ds has conquered only a small bit theres 60 million people I think in the uk but its still an achieve ment XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Stevo: Well I guess something Nintendo can do is make their games more or less timeless. I mean some games you play, you play it, beat it and that's it, it gets boring after you done beat the whole thing. But with some games like SSB and LoZ, Pokemon, Mario and stuff like that you won't get bored (or it will take you a long time) and you can come back and play it and get into it again. I think that's a reason why Nintendo sells games over and over and over. SSBM is no different, more like it's above it all because battles are different, things are always changing and so on with the game.

Stevo-kun

Years
    Arcanine said:
    Stevo: Well I guess something Nintendo can do is make their games more or less timeless. I mean some games you play, you play it, beat it and that's it, it gets boring after you done beat the whole thing. But with some games like SSB and LoZ, Pokemon, Mario and stuff like that you won't get bored (or it will take you a long time) and you can come back and play it and get into it again. I think that's a reason why Nintendo sells games over and over and over. SSBM is no different, more like it's above it all because battles are different, things are always changing and so on with the game.

Yeah I see, I would like them to make more games that have more re-playability or you won't get bored after you beat it once, it just irritates me when I get a good game but it isn't good enough to play through a second time, I want more games like Tales of Symphonia, where it is really good and you just have to play through it again but do it differently, even thought the storyline is the same it still makes you want to do things differently, like gain different titles, costumes, weapons etc..

as for Legend of Zelda, I have alway found those games so good that you woul have to play them again, plain and simple.. they just RULE!!!, the same place but they always change the storyline and somehow they do it right all the time, Wind Waker was abit rubbish graphic wise but it had a decent storyline if you played through it, Nintendo was just experimenting with new things and this time they slipped up but they still sold alot of them... even though it could have been alot better and I expected the graphics to be better in the OoT ways, because I knew the Gamecube was capable, but I was shocked when I saw the graphics, I was watching trailers from it on TV and it still looked fun to play.. when it comes to Links voice *pokes you last info link*. I agree with keeping him quite and mysterious because he has always been that way, he is the kind os character that if he did have a voice, you would need to get it perfect and if you didn't it would just be wrong.. so why gamble so much on just giving him a voice.. keep him like he has always been and then they can't slip up again.. certain games like Tales of Symphonia are good with voices but LoZ is good without it, I am not saying it will taint the gameplay it would just be strange to hear a voice on a person that hasnt had one before

Your right on SSB, they just change the battles and add things to it to make it better, supe it up a little, which is great because it made a drastic change from SSB to SSBM, I think SSB is ok but I couldn't really get addicted to it as much as SSBM, it just didn't seem as fun to play... but oh well

Stevo-Kun

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I wish I could play ToS. But I owe $100 bucks on my PSP and no place around here has it for rent. So as of right now, I'm stuck and can't play ToS. -_-;;

I was reading on GameSpot forums and someone posted a thread with a good idea. Being able to play the games you download off the Rev on the DS. The Rev has a SD Flash drive, and Nintendo could make something like Play-Yan for playing games. Because Play-Yan uses SD Flash Cards for music and videos. So it would be great if you could download old games and play them on your DS. I think Nintendo would do good with something like that, letting people play their downloaded games on the DS.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Download play would be awesome for the DS =3

>>Helps revive club ^^; Where'd cmatz0 go to? @_@

Stevo-kun

Years
    Stupid PC lag made me lose my post

Anyways I hope you get ToS soon man, it so totally is one of the best RPG's on the Cube, you have to play it and on the subject of being able to download the classics to your DS, that would so freaking rock, imagine being able to play games like OoT and Super Mario 64 on the move, it would definately take the boredom out of travel and things like waiting at bus stops or long car journeys etc. You could just imagine going round kicks the butts of the re-deads while in your car usually being reall really bored, or going round on Super Mario 64, or any game that revolutionized gaming and there are a few games that were Nintendo exclusives that did that, like Goldeneye 007, OoT, Mario 64... but being as it is a DS, if you was able to, you couldn't do too many because it obviously won't have as much capacity.. so these remembered games like 007 are the perfect choice for the DS ones, you will still have the rest on the Rev XP. As for another game that rocked, Perfect Dark on the N64, rare the darn traitors, NIntendo should have brought the rights to Perfect Dark and kept it where it belongs, that game kept getting cancelled and cancelled but it was worth it when the game came out, it was totally amazing, so if the one on the 360 comes out and it kicks butt, then that will be a real kick in the nuts for Nintendo letting something as big as that go.. but oh well.. Perfect Dark, Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64, OoT all on a DS, I would be in dreamworld, I would be the happiest guy alive literally XD.

Stevo-Kun

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    pokejungle: No clue, he hasn't been on in like a week. O_o

Stevo: I really want it but I can't get it, I'll get everything paid off in the middle of Oct. So maybe I can save up for a few weeks and buy it.

Tell me about it, I would so love being able to download games and play them on the DS.
    New games cost around $30-40 dollars here. But there are lots of old games that's really good and would cost a lot less to download. Lets say you're going on a long trip, you got a GBA and a DS. But all your games are old and you done beat them. It would be great to download a game and play it on the DS on the trip. It doesn't cost as much as a new game but it's still fun. You could play for hours and hours without stopping and time would go by fast. You would have something to do and you would have fun with it too. Playing SSB, or StarFox 64, or Vigilante 8, or LoZ: OoT. Playing games like them on a road trip would be great.
    Nintendo would have to be stupid not to make some way of putting downloaded games from the Rev on the DS.
    I guess the reason why Nintendo didn't keep Perfect Dark was because it wasn't like Donkey Kong, a old Nintendo fav. But Perfect Dark got a great great rating on GameSpot, 9.9 out of 10. They should have got the rights to the game like they did with Donkey Kong and StarFox. I say like Rare ditch Nintendo but don't leave them with the rights to any game they made.

Stevo-kun

Years
    Arcanine said:

Stevo: I really want it but I can't get it, I'll get everything paid off in the middle of Oct. So maybe I can save up for a few weeks and buy it.

Tell me about it, I would so love being able to download games and play them on the DS.
    New games cost around $30-40 dollars here. But there are lots of old games that's really good and would cost a lot less to download. Lets say you're going on a long trip, you got a GBA and a DS. But all your games are old and you done beat them. It would be great to download a game and play it on the DS on the trip. It doesn't cost as much as a new game but it's still fun. You could play for hours and hours without stopping and time would go by fast. You would have something to do and you would have fun with it too. Playing SSB, or StarFox 64, or Vigilante 8, or LoZ: OoT. Playing games like them on a road trip would be great.
    Nintendo would have to be stupid not to make some way of putting downloaded games from the Rev on the DS.
    I guess the reason why Nintendo didn't keep Perfect Dark was because it wasn't like Donkey Kong, a old Nintendo fav. But Perfect Dark got a great great rating on GameSpot, 9.9 out of 10. They should have got the rights to the game like they did with Donkey Kong and StarFox. I say like Rare ditch Nintendo but don't leave them with the rights to any game they made.

Well aslong as you get to play it then it is all good ^^

yeah I agree with you, you are on a long road journey in a car or whatever, but you have your GBA and DS, thinking you would be occupied by them, but you get bored quicker because you have already finished them all, then you download a classic you haven't played for a while and you know it is good, so you play it and the time will pass quicker cus you will be occupied and not know how fast it is going, not getting bored just looking out the window, staring at nothing. If Nintendo don't do this, that is a MASSIVE mistake, because I think it will sell atleast a few more hundred or thousand DS's. Yeah but still it would have been nice if they kept PD, but it isn't a major loss like you said, it would still be a kick in the butt, but that is the only game that would seem to be a decent one they have made, Grabbed by the ghoulies, now that was just plain crap XD. I laughed so hard when I saw how rubbish it was. Yeah we still have Donkey Kong, Starfox and all the old faves, what other consoles can say they have so many exclusive characters?. I think no one can XD. Microsoft certainly can't XD. What do they have... Halo..... thats all I can think of.

Stevo-Kun

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!! SOMEONE ACTUALLY NOTICIED MY EXISTANCE!!!! *freaks out* after only gettin one vote in MOTM (which was from my pair o.0 ) i thought people didn't notice my presence...i feel so warm and fuzzy and...nevermind, i'll stop there. neways, i was on vacation.

but on subject, i think that would be awesome if you could download old games on your DS. of course i doubt it would work out becuase the game would need to be made to work with the 2 screens and the touch screen, so it wouldn't happen, but it still would be cool.

Bowser

The King Of The Koopas
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2007
    hey can i jion this club, if i havent already that is, i forget

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Are you cmatz0? >>;

Another good RPG for the 'cube is Baiten Kaitos. Weird name, great game! =3 I love it to death. Right now I'm stuck though >>;

Don't let the card gameplay fool you...it's a great experience. The graphics are really nice, and everything. You have to fix the voice acting option, because otherwise it sounds weird @_@ But, that's really my only complaint.

It's made by Namco...like ToS So, it's great =D Buy it!

Stevo-kun

Years
    Yeah I think that came out recetnly in the UK, it does look like a pretty awesome game, it is like ToS in RPG elements but it adds a twist to how you battle the monsters, if I remember you summon magic spells from cards and there are different levels on the cards and stuff like that, it still looks awesome and I will get it once I have some money, isn't it also set in the Sky instead of no the ground?. I should watch some videos, Namco have made 2 great RPGs for the Cube I really hope the will do more and continue them when the Rev comes out, that would be sweet, could you tell me what the main character is like?. It is just I love RPGs like this and it was a breath of fresh air when the Cube finally got some big RPGs, I would really like to see a Tales game on the Rev, that would rock and maybe a Final Fantasy one too XD. Keep rolling out the massive RPG titles Nintendo, your on a roll, atleast I think they are XD

Stevo-Kun

Back