• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    The DS is selling like crazy in Japan man!!! Check this out:

DS Sellout

It actually sold out, that's pretty good and it also says that they have sold more than 13 million which means that Nintendo was being conservative with there sales numbers.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    13 Million. And how much has the PSP sold? *laughs out loudly* Wow, an hour long video. I'll just let it load, and watch it later.

W00t! LOL replacement!

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Yup, 13 mil is a lot!!

New numbers from the land of the rising sun:

DS - 390,181 (Sold Out)
    PSP - 110,741
    PS2 - 78,646
    GBA SP - 15,998
    GC - 12,579
    Xbox 360 - 12,300
    GBM - 11,234

With the DS being sold out this will give the PSP some room to breathe and to go on top in the charts which can only mean one thing: Sony fanboy attack!!!!!!!!
    GBA - 447
    Xbox - 121

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Even in my home town Wal-Mart the DS is doing good. I just got back from Wal-Mart and I didn't see any DS systems and also no GC systems. I saw PSP, PS2 and the most shocking, 3 XBox 360s (that's right, the system that was on back order till March and was going for 2-10K on EBay, 3 of them sitting there at one of my Wal-Marts).

The one thing that I can never get is, who doesn't have a GC, PS2, X-Box, DS or PSP by now? I mean I know not ever gamer is the same, but look how long the GC, PS2 and X-Box has been out. But they still get sells. O_o

Anyway I now have Metroid Pinball. It's a great game, I like it a lot. And my brother just got Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (and a Spider Man 2 game for the PS2, but no one wants to hear about that one since it's a PS2 XD). I'm sure all of you are thinking "You just now got LoZ: WW?", well yea. I could just never get past the Cell Shaded look. I know it has killer ratings on the sites, and everyone says it's a great game. But I just couldn't get past that. But he has the money, and asked what he should get so I picked up LoZ: WW and told him to get that.

That makes a grand total of 89 games we own. XD

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Wow 89 games!!! On current gen systems or all together?

I have about 40 GC games and that's only because I found one of those GC game carrying cases with games in it, I have about 20 that are actually mine or my brothers.

I agree, who doesn't have a game console know-a-days? All of my friends have at least one with a couple with 2 and at least 2 with all three. Just about everyone has a GBA, SP or not, a lot of people have DS's and some have PSP's including my friend who is a graphic whore and thinks the one with the pretty graphics is the best. I try to tell him that it's all about the games but there's just no convincing him, he's brainwashed.

Anyways, I don't know if I've asked this or not but what are your next gen predictions, fanboyism aside please.

These are my predictions:

Consoles:

1st: PS3
    2nd: 360/Rev
    3rd: 360/Rev

I think the battle for 2nd place could go either way between the 360 and the Rev IMO.

Handheld:

1st: DS
    2nd: PSP

I didn't count the GBA because...........I don't know but I just didn't.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    89 games for all gens together.

I know the PS3 will end up first. The only reason why it wouldn't end up 1st is it being crappy, costs an arm and a leg, takes forever to load, and not enough games (or good games). Sony will take the next gen as well, I don't think Nintendo and Microsoft has a chance. But I do think Nintendo will take the second spot, the 360 might look like a movie when it comes to games. But the Rev is soooo much different that it'll take the second spot from Microsoft. The X-Box got lucky by getting in when the GC came out. The GC didn't really have anything new to set it apart. The Rev will change that.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I counted my GC games, I have 36 GC games and only 17 of them are mine, hmm, the other ones were found by me in a GC disc case. It had some good games too, Soul Calibur 2 was one of them.

I agree, Sony was dominant this gen beating out both the GC and X-Box put together and then some but this gen they will lose market share but they'll still be at the top by a good amount. Next, like I said, is a toss up between the 360 and the Rev with the 360 having an advantage because of the launch date but the Japanese sales will offset that so it's going to be a good race between them for 2nd place and you might say that the Rev has an advantage because people that aren't Nintendo fanatics like us will see it as a secondary console plus people that will buy all three. It's all going to come down to Gameplay and software which I think will be at Nintendo's advantage.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Don't make me count my GBA games. There're less than 10 in there. >.< ROMs are the way to go anyway.

Y'know, I'd say the Micro is doing pretty well. Since its release, even if the SP still pwns it, it has done quite well.

Right now, the GBA is like what the GB was when the GBCs came out.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Poke-Rev: Like you said, it might be looked at as a secondary system. And since it'll cost less as the other two a good many people might pick the Rev up, not only for a season system but because it's different the the system they done own.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    I saw that, I wonder what Nintendo is thinking atm. However, if you actually *look* at the copycat than you can see just how crappy they made it.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    EWW EWW!! COPYIERS!! MUST KILL!!! *runs around like an idiot*

Eh, just shows how much Nintendo is pwning for Sony's people to make a Revcontroller copy. >D Sony knows when its licked.

Makoto

Years
    actually, some other company made the controller, it just happens to be for PS2. Same relationship an a Gameshark or Action Replay to Gamecube....

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    I'll be very surprised if the Rev. is actually as cheap as I heard it will be...

Sony and Microsoft can play "Dueling Banjos" over power all they want, but if the Rev actually is as cheap as they say, the Rev will sell like hotcakes

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Revolutionary consoles are unedible. But maybe with a little ketchup... ^_^

Erm.. I think I kind of have figured out why the DS is hated by other company fanboys = lack of good games. I've not seen too many decent titles for the DS, and well .. Nintendogs is a babyish game. >_< The PSP apparently has tons more games. And besides, the only use for a DS then is to play GBA games, which we already have the GBA-SP and GBA-M and the GBA-N for.

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    ^How could you say that? IMO, Mario Kart DS, AC:WW, Sonic Rush, Advance Wars DS, Castelvania DS would be just a few "decent" DS titles. Not to mention the upcoming Metroid Prime Hunters! ;o;

Back