• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    o o;; I .. didn't .. get that one Andy .. oh whatever. If the Wifi makes things simple, its all good.

Oh by the way .. is there a GC version of Fifa Street 2, or is it just for the PS2?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I'm keeping my DS. I've never sold/traded a system or a game. And I don't think I ever will. XD
    But I'm still getting a DSLite, some day.

Phantom Hourglass sounds good, I'll likely pick it up when it comes out. But I'm not sure about the whole WW style of the game.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I liked Wind Waker's style...it really allowed for the characters to show a lot of emotion. Plus, I just liked the cel-shading for some reason. o_o

The only thing that would keep me from getting Phantom Hourglass...two things really. One, if the swordfighting is stylus controlled. Because that would just suck. Two, if it has a time system similar to Majora's Mask, because I can't stand that game. -_-

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Morkula said:
    It would suck. And imagine the damage to the touchscreen. o_O;
    Any screenshots for this? Well .. don't you think Nintendo's made the screen powerful enough for random touches? o O; Its gotta be durable - built for what it was built to do, be touched.

That last line sounds wrong, very wrong. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    From my LJ entry earlier today:
    My LJ said:
    https://revolution.ign.com/articles/699/699118p1.html

Well, I wasn't expecting that. :\ The Revolution will be more powerful than the original Xbox in some aspects, and just shy of it in others. I wasn't expecting anything past the Xbox 360's power, but at to match it or be near it. Even rumoured specs and anaylisis' specs were way off. It looks more like GameCube 1.5, than GameCube 2. At least having it more powerful than the current generation of systems would've been nice. Oh well, its not like they haven't told us all this. Nintendo has said they feel that the new generation has come to soon and that power isn't what they're aiming for. I've either chosen not listen, or didn't expect it would be this low. Stranegly developer's seem to love the Revolution even though the 360 and PS3 can run circles around it. Maybe it is a good idea, while the tech spec mean things other than graphics, I really haven't seen that big a difference between the Xbox and 360's graphics except when the 360 is in HD. So Revolution will be like Xbox in ED. Could be worse. And with the except of the Virtual Console downloadness, I'd rather have memory cards than an internal storage device. You can bring memory cards to people's houses, why would I bring a console (even if it is the size of three DVD cases)?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Everyone forgot about the thread? XD

I still wouldn't call the Rev a GC 1.5. Or say "It's stuck in this gen". Nintendo just doesn't list their systems on the same level as Sony and Microsoft. They go by how much stuff they can pack in their system to pwn all others with super high stats most don't care about. I can only think of one reason why Nintendo should have stats as high as the 360 and PS3. And that's to shut up the Sony and Microsoft Fanboys. Other then that I'm just fine with a so call "GC 1.5".
    The Rev is going to be something different. It's going to be out there on ideas. Just like the DS was, it wasn't in line with the normal handhelds. It wasn't even the same with the GameBoy line. Yet look at the number of sells it has. I say let the Rev be different, let it keep it's cost down yet it's imitativeness high. It's not going to be a system to blow away everyone else on specs. It'll blow them away on game play.
    I see game makers out there say "The PS3/360 has killer HD graphics" and that's pretty much it. But the Rev they talk about the controller, the ideas for downloading games, the shell, the size, the ideas for games and lots of other things.
    Sure the PS3 and 360 will have the better specs. But when it comes to gameplay I say Nintendo will take the cake.
    And Nintendo most likely will take 1st or 2nd spot on the system race. Many will look at the prices of the 360 and PS3 and go "I'm only going to buy one and a Revolution". Being a second system will be good for Nintendo. They can pull sells from both 360 and PS3 owners and get sells from the Nintendo fans/owners.

I'll sum it all up this way. Nintendo isn't the best on specs, Nintendo never really was that way. When other handhelds came out in the days of the first GameBoy they had color screens, better graphics and all that. Nintendo had this sorry looking, low res, black and white screen that was so going to get blown away by others like the hand helds out there. Or so everyone thought, who's still around today? Is the Atari Lynx, the Sega GameGear still around or is it the GameBoy? When Nintendo came out with the idea for the DS everyone was like "That's stupid, no one is going to buy something as stupid as that." and when Sony said they were making a handheld everyone went "Sony is so going to kick Nintendo's butt, the DS is going to die standing next to the PSP". Did it? Hell no, it spit in the faces of all them Sony Fanboys and all them Sony high guys and walked away leading the handheld market (once again).

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Indeed. I think the current DS and PSP goings on would be a nice comparison. I know Nintendo will trump the others in the game play department.

But Nintendo can't just rely on Nintendo. They need games from other people too. There's system that can do more spec wise, and a system that can do more controller wise. Porting from the other systems doesn't seem like it would be that great an idea either. It'd be like porting a GCN game to the N64. It's too big a gap (although...Spider-Man was on the Dreamcast, N64, and PSone. O_o).

I'm sure Nintendo will succeed just like they have with the DS. It's just surprising to me that it'll be just barely more powerful than the Xbox. I know the controller will more than make up for it.

Square went to Sony for discs. Not switching to discs was a bad decision on Nintendo's part (cartridges are more expensive, and even then some games still used memory cards anyway). I'm just hoping we won't have a similar occurence. And I don't think we will because based on what I've read, developers are loving the Revolution and it's controller.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I also think the N64 should have been a CD based system. Nintendo didn't want it because of the load time or because they didn't do all that well on CDs before (well they didn't push the whole NES/CD thing). I do think they would still have Square today if they went to CD (Nintendo got Square started out in North America. Gave them a footing over here. I don't think they would have left if they could have put FFVII on a Nintendo system).

Third Party games will be kind of hard for the Rev. But I've seen lots of developers out there say they'd love to make games for the Rev. So it does have support, but I'm sure we'll see games that's on all three system (they'll find some way around the gap). I think Nintendo will get a lot of "Only For" games due to it's controller. They'll just go "Lets just make a different game for the Rev". That could be good or bad on Nintendo's part. But what I think is the main thing we need to see is the shell. Because if the shell is a normal controller type then making games for it (that's on the other two systems) won't be that hard (due to the button differences in the Rev and the PS3/360).

Years
    Indeed.
    I hate it when Sony fanboys won't shut up. But I usually chamge the conversation to the XBox 360 and let them rant at how much they think it sucks.
    And this one Sony Fanboy kid was all like, "I've read 10 magazines saying that all that music download and internet stuff for the DS is going to be crap."
    Well look now. They've got music, internet, and tons of other stuff going on in japan. And tell me ten different magazines worth reading that said it was crap, none!.
    I can't wait for the internet browser features to come out in America.

Also, any more news on Phantom Hourglass?

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I don't think we'll be hearing anything about Phantom Hourglass till E3 this year. Since it's so close (about a month away) they'll let everything out there.

And since E3 is so close I wonder what sort of things Nintendo will let out on the Rev (other then it's name), I hope they'll tell the last things about the Rev and show some games and game play videos.

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Am I still a member of this guild? I don't know, so if not, feel free to punish me as you see fit. :)

Anyway, I recieved my DS Lite in the mail yesterday, so I'll be around if you have any questions regarding it, or whatever. XD

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I'm suprised nobody has posted this info yet.

Here are some scans from the May issue of GameInformer:

Scans

These are first screens for the Rev, it's a game from Ubisoft called Red Steel, it's a FPS with swords too. These are real in game graphics according to a Ubisoft VIP. What do you think?

Back