• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Samurai X said:
    I'm suprised nobody has posted this info yet.

Here are some scans from the May issue of GameInformer:

Scans

These are first screens for the Rev, it's a game from Ubisoft called Red Steel, it's a FPS with swords too. These are real in game graphics according to a Ubisoft VIP. What do you think?
    Just waiting on you to post it. XD
    It's good to have to back Samurai X, seeing how you're the best news poster in here.

That pic does look really good. I mean sure it isn't PS3/360 graphics but it does look good. For the first pic of the Rev I'd say Nintendo did good on the Revolution.

Shenlong said:
    Hey is it true that New Super Mario Bros. for the DS has gotten delayed? O_o
    Yea it is.
    https://www.gamespot.com/ds/action/supermariobrosds/news.html?sid=6147161&mode=all

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Bayleef said:
    Am I still a member of this guild? I don't know, so if not, feel free to punish me as you see fit. :)

Anyway, I recieved my DS Lite in the mail yesterday, so I'll be around if you have any questions regarding it, or whatever. XD
    Sorry I didn't reply to you sooner Bayleef.
    Yea you're still apart of the club Bayleef.

Yea I do have a few questions about the DS Lite.
    1: Does games look better (show up better) on the screens?
    2: Does it fit well when you're playing games?
    3: Is the GBA games sticking out a big deal (like does it get in your way and that sort of stuff)?
    4: Is the menu screen any different (if you don't got an old DS then don't worry about that)?
    5: PictoChat, is it any different and does it shut off once you get out of the chat (again side note like the one above)?
    6: Is the On/Off switch a flip switch (you push the switch up to turn the PSP on, and it has a spring to push it back down to it's normal spot), or is it like the SP switch?
    7: Is it worth it?
    Thanks Bayleef.

Also the VP of Marketing for Nintendo has said that the Rev should have around 20 launch titles for the Revolution.
    https://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/383
    Not bad me thinks. 20 games should be enough to pick from (but we all know SSB is going to be at the top of everyone's list XD).

Bayleef

HARRY POTTER
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    Arcanine said:
    Sorry I didn't reply to you sooner Bayleef.
    Yea you're still apart of the club Bayleef.

Yea I do have a few questions about the DS Lite.
    1: Does games look better (show up better) on the screens?
    2: Does it fit well when you're playing games?
    3: Is the GBA games sticking out a big deal (like does it get in your way and that sort of stuff)?
    4: Is the menu screen any different (if you don't got an old DS then don't worry about that)?
    5: PictoChat, is it any different and does it shut off once you get out of the chat (again side note like the one above)?
    6: Is the On/Off switch a flip switch (you push the switch up to turn the PSP on, and it has a spring to push it back down to it's normal spot), or is it like the SP switch?
    7: Is it worth it?
    Thanks Bayleef.

Also the VP of Marketing for Nintendo has said that the Rev should have around 20 launch titles for the Revolution.
    https://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/383
    Not bad me thinks. 20 games should be enough to pick from (but we all know SSB is going to be at the top of everyone's list XD).

1. Most definitley. All tracks and menus in Mario Kart looks bolder and more vibrant than ever before, and I am discovering hidden sniping areas and secret passages in Metroid Prime Hunters that would have rendered virtually impossible to see without the brighter screens.

2. Very much so. The smaller D-Pad takes about a day to get used to, though after mastering it iseems to be more comfortable than before. Though, I had to adjust the position of my hands a bit when holding it in comparison to my old DS due to the smaller size.

3. I haven't bothered putting one in yet (Yes, pretty sad XD) so, *Checks.* Well, the cartridges do in fact seem to stick out about a centimeter, but other than a bit of a nasty appearence, it doesn't hinder gameplay at all. Just be sure to replace the GBA cartridge with the dummy cartridge after playing so as not to reduce the aesthetical appeal. XD;

4. Nope, not at all, other than the fact that the "light symbol" in the bottom left corner of the main menu changes the brightness settings each time to touch it, rather than just turn off the back light. Though, the menu colors are much more vibrant than before, to such a level that they look different from the colors on the original DS!

5. Yeah, it still shuts down, which is a bit of an annoyance. Had they changed the firmware at all, I wish they had gotten rid of the constant shutting down. :(

6. It's like the PSP switch. It turns on two seconds after flipping the switch, but turns off immediatly after flipping it again.

7. YES! The cosmetic changes in addition to the amazing screens have joined together with my love of the original DS for one of my best gaming experiences to date. When adding that to my long, long wait for mine to be imported, you can be sure that I was a very happy boy when it was in my hands at last. XD

Sorry about the wait, and feel free to ask anymore questions if you feel the need to do so. ^^

Years
    Bayleef said:
    1. Most definitley. All tracks and menus in Mario Kart looks bolder and more vibrant than ever before, and I am discovering hidden sniping areas and secret passages in Metroid Prime Hunters that would have rendered virtually impossible to see without the brighter screens.

2. Very much so. The smaller D-Pad takes about a day to get used to, though after mastering it iseems to be more comfortable than before. Though, I had to adjust the position of my hands a bit when holding it in comparison to my old DS due to the smaller size.

3. I haven't bothered putting one in yet (Yes, pretty sad XD) so, *Checks.* Well, the cartridges do in fact seem to stick out about a centimeter, but other than a bit of a nasty appearence, it doesn't hinder gameplay at all. Just be sure to replace the GBA cartridge with the dummy cartridge after playing so as not to reduce the aesthetical appeal. XD;

4. Nope, not at all, other than the fact that the "light symbol" in the bottom left corner of the main menu changes the brightness settings each time to touch it, rather than just turn off the back light. Though, the menu colors are much more vibrant than before, to such a level that they look different from the colors on the original DS!

5. Yeah, it still shuts down, which is a bit of an annoyance. Had they changed the firmware at all, I wish they had gotten rid of the constant shutting down. :(

6. It's like the PSP switch. It turns on two seconds after flipping the switch, but turns off immediatly after flipping it again.

7. YES! The cosmetic changes in addition to the amazing screens have joined together with my love of the original DS for one of my best gaming experiences to date. When adding that to my long, long wait for mine to be imported, you can be sure that I was a very happy boy when it was in my hands at last. XD

Sorry about the wait, and feel free to ask anymore questions if you feel the need to do so. ^^
    Awsome! I'm definently getting that unless I somehow go bankrupt.
    I can't wait untell NSMB comes out.

Say, any new news on the Rev. ?

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    The Lite sounds great Bayleef, I want one so bad.

I havn't heard of any new news on the Rev recently ecxept that the game Sadness will be in mostly black and white.

Edit: Well, since there is no news right now I think I'll just post some numbers then:

DS Lite: 149,371
    Phat DS: 59,903
    PSP: 36,943
    PS2: 33,301
    GBA SP: 6,732
    Xbox 360: 3,258
    Game Boy Micro: 2,992
    Gamecube: 1,492
    GBA: 151
    Xbox: 68

I guess I might aswell bring this to your attention too:

https://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/04/12/best-buy-getting-ds-lite-in-a-couple-months/

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Bayleef said:
    I think that's all the questions for me. I think you've really set my mind on getting a DSLite.
    Thank you for the info on it Bayleef, that was a great help.

Samurai X said:
    Edit: Well, since there is no news right now I think I'll just post some numbers then:

DS Lite: 149,371
    Phat DS: 59,903
    PSP: 36,943
    PS2: 33,301
    GBA SP: 6,732
    Xbox 360: 3,258
    Game Boy Micro: 2,992
    Gamecube: 1,492
    GBA: 151
    Xbox: 68

I guess I might aswell bring this to your attention too:

https://www.dsfanboy.com/2006/04/12/best-buy-getting-ds-lite-in-a-couple-months/
    Over 209,000 DS systems sold. That's really really good. But I do find it funny that everything after the PS2 went from 5 digit numbers (up in the 30Ks+) to a 4 and down really low.

What I'm thinking is the DSLite will be out around the time the new Mario game is. To kind of give the system a boost (because many are going to buy the game, and some might buy a DSLite just for it).

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    What I'm thinking is the DSLite will be out around the time the new Mario game is. To kind of give the system a boost (because many are going to buy the game, and some might buy a DSLite just for it).

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking Nintendo should do, besides, Mario sells, and if Mario sells that means people who don't have a DS yet will want to get one for Mario and if the DSLite happens to be the DS available for purchase then it should really sell a lot, both New Super Mario Bros. and the DSLite.

Edit: I think I should post this up even though I think we all know, Matt from IGN Revolution said that Metroid Prime 3 is going to be fully playable at E3.

Here's the link: (You know what? I'm just going to post the link to the site because the first two articles are both good.)

https://www.revolutionfanboy.com/

Edit(again):

I guess those other numbers I posted were from the week before, these are for this past week:

DS Lite: 154,731
    Phat DS: 49,825
    PSP: 30,565
    PS2: 28,896
    GBA SP: 5,211
    Game Boy Micro: 3,103
    Xbox 360: 1,940
    Gamecube: 1,224
    GBA: 110
    Xbox: 46

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Samurai X said:
    Yeah, that's what I've been thinking Nintendo should do, besides, Mario sells, and if Mario sells that means people who don't have a DS yet will want to get one for Mario and if the DSLite happens to be the DS available for purchase then it should really sell a lot, both New Super Mario Bros. and the DSLite.

Edit: I think I should post this up even though I think we all know, Matt from IGN Revolution said that Metroid Prime 3 is going to be fully playable at E3.

Here's the link: (You know what? I'm just going to post the link to the site because the first two articles are both good.)

https://www.revolutionfanboy.com/

Edit(again):

I guess those other numbers I posted were from the week before, these are for this past week:

DS Lite: 154,731
    Phat DS: 49,825
    PSP: 30,565
    PS2: 28,896
    GBA SP: 5,211
    Game Boy Micro: 3,103
    Xbox 360: 1,940
    Gamecube: 1,224
    GBA: 110
    Xbox: 46
    Mario does sell, and Mario sells really really well. When the DS came out most got Super Mario 64 DS as their game (my brother got it). When Mario Kart DS came out everyone went out and got that and a DS if they didn't have one (MK: DS is my first DS game). I think this next Mario game will be no different, everyone is going to go out and get that, and if the DSLite comes out the same time everyone will be getting that as well.

I wish I could go to E3. Playing all them new games, all them upcoming games.

I was thinking, 46 is a low number but Microsoft shouldn't be getting any XBox sells. I mean they don't make them anymore and after like 5 months looks like all of them would be sold. O_o

I just wish E3 would get here. We need some new Nintendo topics and topics about the games and the screen shots and all that. Or better yet, we need the name of the Nintendo Revolution. XD

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Looks like the 360 gained some momentum in Japan at least for two weeks but the numbers still suck for a next gen system, no offense. Man, I don't know how Microsoft expects to get the best selling system if they can't get Japanese gamers interested, I just don't see it happening without Japanese support. The PSP still sells well in Japan and that's great, the only problem is that it has the bad luck of going against the DS which sells very well.

I just got back from DSFanboy and it looks like the DS got two games in the March top 20 games for the US. The games were Metroid Prime Hunters at #11 and Super Princess Peach at #14, that's pretty good considering that MPH was only released on the 20th and they're the only handheld games that made the top 20. Also looking at the list I think that Nintendo needs better marketing for the Rev than it had for the GC because the only GC title in the top 20 is Sonic Riders at #12. Kingdom Hearts II got first place, big surprise huh? XD

Yeah, I so want to go to E3 too, but sadly I can't. I want to know what it's like being able to play all these games and learn about new ones way before other ordinary people do. Yeah, that has come to my attention too, maybe they made too much X-Boxes.........who knows.

I want to know the official name for the Rev too.....can't wait until E3.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I find it sad that this thread only stays alive due to a few members posting in it. -_-

Anyway I saw Brain Age on Fox News the other day, not everyday you see a Nintendo thing (or even a gaming thing) on a news show.

https://www.revolutionreport.com/articles/read/391
    And I find it really strange that the creator of Katamari Damacy snubbed his nose at the Rev's controller. I haven't played Katamari (other then a demo) but looks like it'd be a great thing to use with the controller. Since if you move the controller right the Katamari (or whatever it is XD) will go right, point it left and it'll go left and so on. It'd be great for his game.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Yeah, I was actually shocked to find that the "Katamari Kreator is Kriticizing the Rev".

"I'm not really interested in it." Takahashia said. "I don't think a controller should have that much influence on the enjoyment of games. I see what they're trying to do, but they're putting such emphasis on the controller; 'Woah, this controller lets you do this!' and I'm thinking - are you messing with us?"

Harsh words indeed. Hopefully he'll just be eating up those words in the end.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Actually, he kinda has a point, but Nintendo has surprised us before. Look at the DS- everyone was thinking "They're putting too much emphasis on the two screens and the touch screen and not enough on graphics, it's gonna flop." But look at it now- it's one of the most successful systems, if not the most successful, on the market. Same with the Rev- everyone's thinking "It's just a current-gen console with a new type of controller...developer's aren't gonna want to support that." but I think we'll be surprised.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Which is why I think he'll eat those words soon. How Nintendo managed to surprise us with previous consoles may be the same with the Revolution, and maybe it can do much more that it's actually been thought on for the last few months. So yeah, I just anxiously wait for the Rev to really show itself.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    First off, I must address the concern about *fanboys* with the Nintendo Revolution we won't be in the same genre any longer. Ignorant fanboys do not realize that Nintendo is going upon a new path, and Xbox/Sony fanboys will just have to wage war on eachother.

Everyone knows Revo will not be that graphically amazing nor will it be amazingly fast, but it will have the most enjoyable games. Nintendo learned this way of thinking when it launched SNES against the Sega Genesis (as seen in the recently interview Game Informer had with George Harrison).

People want games that will be fun NOT some sweet graphics but no real content (Which is why I was kinda disapointed with Kingdom Hearts II). Though visuals are nice, you need a good amount of gameplay aswell.

Also, New Super Mario Bros. will coincide with the launch of the Nintendo DS lite. AND that along with Nintendo Revolution will be the focus @ E3. George Harrison also specified that 2007 will be the year that they will present the next generation of GameBoy (Codenamed GameBoy Enhanced)

Years
    GameBoy Enhanced? That's a weird name. Hopefully this is one nickname they won't stick with. It will be hard to do all three systems, so I might be forced to stick with the Rev. and Lite only (A Revolutionary Light... ohhh.. man that sounds cool. That could be an Add Campaingh(SP?)). Until a can afford to finally get the GBE (I prefer GameBoy Evolution)

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    wakachamo said:
    Yeah, I was actually shocked to find that the "Katamari Kreator is Kriticizing the Rev".

Harsh words indeed. Hopefully he'll just be eating up those words in the end.
    I did find it strange for him to say that. But if that's what he thinks about the controller then it's his loss.

Morkula said:
    Actually, he kinda has a point, but Nintendo has surprised us before. Look at the DS- everyone was thinking "They're putting too much emphasis on the two screens and the touch screen and not enough on graphics, it's gonna flop." But look at it now- it's one of the most successful systems, if not the most successful, on the market. Same with the Rev- everyone's thinking "It's just a current-gen console with a new type of controller...developer's aren't gonna want to support that." but I think we'll be surprised.
    Well in the past Nintendo has only had one system that flunked out and that was the VirtualBoy. It had a good idea but at the end of the day it just didn't work out.
    Stuff like the DS worked out well.
    And a lot of developers and head hot shots love the controller and can't wait to try it out.

MegaLightBlaze said:
    Yeah.
    Red Steel looks and sounds awsome. I read about it in GI this month and its making me want the Revolution even more. What's your opinions?
    If there's no other FPS out there that looks good then I'll likely get it. Because more then anything I want to play an FPS on the Rev, I want to feel like I'm there in the heat of the battle moving my gun around shooting and all that. Sure other games will be great (play a baseball game and you'll feel like you're there swinging that bat) but FPS is what I want really bad.

Revo said:
    First off, I must address the concern about *fanboys* with the Nintendo Revolution we won't be in the same genre any longer. Ignorant fanboys do not realize that Nintendo is going upon a new path, and Xbox/Sony fanboys will just have to wage war on eachother.
    Them loony fanboys will always be around to mess up everything and make fools of not only themselves but Nintendo fans. I'm what you call a "Hard Core Nintendo Fanboy", normal fanboys will just sit there all day long going "Nintendo rulezzz Sony/Microsoft suckzzzz" and have nothing to back up their claim. I on the other had will search things out, I hate someone putting down Nintendo so I'll try to get out there and prove them wrong. And that's the difference in a normal fanboy and some fanboy like me.

Revo said:
    Everyone knows Revo will not be that graphically amazing nor will it be amazingly fast, but it will have the most enjoyable games. Nintendo learned this way of thinking when it launched SNES against the Sega Genesis (as seen in the recently interview Game Informer had with George Harrison).
    Well it might be fast on loading times and that sort of stuff. I heard that Blu-Ray is slow. But we'll see.

Revo said:
    People want games that will be fun NOT some sweet graphics but no real content (Which is why I was kinda disapointed with Kingdom Hearts II). Though visuals are nice, you need a good amount of gameplay aswell.
    Off topic: The only let down for me in KH2 was that it was too easy and wasn't as open (if you got to go somewhere you can't go down another road and go exploring before that) as much as KH. Other then that everything was great.

Now as much as I agree with you on people want fun games. A lot of people do look down on Nintendo because their specs isn't well up to spec next to the 360 and PS3. They see it as "A great game is only as good as it's graphics", now I love great graphics but I'll take gameplay over that any day. Sadly some people won't (go out there to the 360 fanboys you'll see that about all they talk about when it comes to the 360 is the graphics it has. They don't care about gameplay, controllers or anything like that, it's all about graphics).

Revo said:
    Also, New Super Mario Bros. will coincide with the launch of the Nintendo DS lite. AND that along with Nintendo Revolution will be the focus @ E3. George Harrison also specified that 2007 will be the year that they will present the next generation of GameBoy (Codenamed GameBoy Enhanced)
    I just wish they'd give us a little something on it at E3 06, but then again Nintendo does need to put everything on the Rev.

Shenlong said:
    Since the DS doesn't have the capabilities picture, video, or music playback for quite some time; however all of that is about to change.

Because a company called Datel's has revaled a max media player that adds a 4 GB harddrive to the DS hardware capabilities.

You can read more about this at:
    https://gear.ign.com/articles/703/703270p1.html
    It sounds good but get all the way to the bottom and look at the price. $190 bucks for it (DS plus that is 320). Sure buying a PSP plus some memory sticks cost more ($200 for the PSP plus $226 for 2, 2 Gig cards is $426 bucks, $100 dollars lower). But still, that is pricey. It's not something I'd buy (seeing how I got all my MP3s on my laptop as well as my pics and I can watch movies on there too).

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Mwar, entering quote mode o.o

...XD

Arcanine said:
    I did find it strange for him to say that. But if that's what he thinks about the controller then it's his loss.

We'll see if he'll just take them back. XD
    I mean I never thought he would say something like that too, but I guess we'll have to wait before we get into too many expectations.

Arcanine said:
    Stuff like the DS worked out well.

I think that Nintendo is really starting to get it now. Y'know, before they were all excited about connectivity, such as for example "Oh, buy this really cool GBA SP and get a free sucky game in which you have to like, get a bunch of cables to play with each other!".

I think that Nintendo is really starting to get the idea of what they're calling innovation with gameplay, and I think that the DS proves that Nintendo can really catch you surprised, such as the Revmote too.

Arcanine said:
    If there's no other FPS out there that looks good then I'll likely get it. Because more then anything I want to play an FPS on the Rev, I want to feel like I'm there in the heat of the battle moving my gun around shooting and all that. Sure other games will be great (play a baseball game and you'll feel like you're there swinging that bat) but FPS is what I want really bad.

I hear Red Steel has no gore whatsoever. o.o
    ...Well, maybe it's a good thing. I mean, has anybody heard about the game "Sadness"? They say it's going to be completely black and white, and it sounds like a cool game. Again, I guess we'll just have to wait.

Speaking about waiting, has anyone seen at RevoGaming (link obviously not provided, as it has a board, but I won't get much into that) an exclusive about a Nintendo Employee that has leaked loads of stuff about the Rev?

It has some info about the:

• Twilight Princess Info and Release Date
    • DS Lite Release Date alongside with NEW Super Mario Bros.
    • Revolution info and Release Date

Upon my jaw hitting the floor, and a few choice words of excitement, they elaborated to not expect it until the end of September, but that the odds of it coming out at that time are looking promising. As long as everything goes according to plan, meaning Nintendo's suppliers and the Revolution's manufacturing plant(s) don't meet any hurdles, that's when we'll all be able to camp out for it. However, don't expect to hear this at E3, seeing as how Nintendo doesn't want to commit until everything is garunteed, so look for this announcement, to come some time around "Oh, how about August ;)."

Looks like "Summer 2006" will have to wait for a while...

Back