• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
Years
  • Yeah, pre-orders always sell out pretty fast no matter what console it is. I waited in line for three hours to get my pre-order but it was well worth it.

I downloaded the graphics video and I have got to say that it made the Wii version look worse since the Wii isn't HD capable. I have Call of Duty 2: Big red One for the Gamecube and it definitely doesn't look as bad as that. Maybe CoD 3 for Wii is a bad looking game, I don't know but I think the quality was reduced when it was shown at HD. I played CoD 3 for the 360 and it looks great, it really does but I then put on CoD 2 for the GC and it doesn't really look that bad. Also, from the video I have to say that the Wii actually matches the PS3 and Wii on one thing, and that's the lighting and effects, props on that one to IBM, ATI, and Nintendo.

Thanks for the B-Day congrats Arcanine and yes I do feel older...just a little. Hey, I can finally buy M-Rated games.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • I downloaded the graphics video and I have got to say that it made the Wii version look worse since the Wii isn't HD capable. I have Call of Duty 2: Big red One for the Gamecube and it definitely doesn't look as bad as that. Maybe CoD 3 for Wii is a bad looking game, I don't know but I think the quality was reduced when it was shown at HD. I played CoD 3 for the 360 and it looks great, it really does but I then put on CoD 2 for the GC and it doesn't really look that bad. Also, from the video I have to say that the Wii actually matches the PS3 and Wii on one thing, and that's the lighting and effects, props on that one to IBM, ATI, and Nintendo.

Thanks for the B-Day congrats Arcanine and yes I do feel older...just a little. Hey, I can finally buy M-Rated games.
    Well it is the same vid (just resized). But yea, you're right. The Wii does look far closer to the PS3 and 360 when it's non HD. And like I said, I wonder if they are running that Wii vid on component cables (sure it wouldn't make a big jump, but it would clean up a bit of stuff).
    I just with that the Wii ver of CoD 3 was multiplayer. We're likely going to pick up CoD 3 but get it for the 360 because the Wii is only one player (that is if we ever get the 360 fixed..........).

Buy and M rated game XD. That's one of the first things I did when I turned 17. I ran out and got Rainbow 6 Lockdown, then got Halo 2 for my brother later on.

It was in two ways
    I hit my friend in the face during a serve XD
    That doesn't sound all that fun.... XD

I was going to post this yesterday, but I got bad memory... XD

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6162544.html
    I'm sure many of us are likely let down by EA's games. I know I am. But still, buying out a whole development company for the Wii? That's..... well I don't know what to say.

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6162631.html
    Like the US (and likely Canada), Japan has sold out on Wiis. We're sold out, they're sold out, lets see if Europe and Australia and keep it up and also hit bone dry when it comes to the Wii.
    Oh, and the US has sold over 600,000 systems. And if it is true and Japan is totally sold out (close enough) then they have sold 400,000 systems. Now let me do the math on this... divide by 4, carry the 1, add 5, multiply by 2.... and it comes out to 1,000,000 systems worldwide. In other words, in 2 weeks the Wii has topped out at 1 Mil (would have gotten there far sooner if it was a worldwide launch).

Oh and I better reply to this
    Dawson said:
    Actually, you're right. I just looked on the GAME website, where I pre-ordered mine from, and they've already sold their entire allocation of Wii's. And they're the biggest gaming company on England, yet they've sold out in every single store. I'm glad I pre ordered now XD
    HA! I told you. *Runs* XD

Years
  • That doesn't sound all that fun.... XD

I was going to post this yesterday, but I got bad memory... XD

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6162544.html
    I'm sure many of us are likely let down by EA's games. I know I am. But still, buying out a whole development company for the Wii? That's..... well I don't know what to say.

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6162631.html
    Like the US (and likely Canada), Japan has sold out on Wiis. We're sold out, they're sold out, lets see if Europe and Australia and keep it up and also hit bone dry when it comes to the Wii.
    Oh, and the US has sold over 600,000 systems. And if it is true and Japan is totally sold out (close enough) then they have sold 400,000 systems. Now let me do the math on this... divide by 4, carry the 1, add 5, multiply by 2.... and it comes out to 1,000,000 systems worldwide. In other words, in 2 weeks the Wii has topped out at 1 Mil (would have gotten there far sooner if it was a worldwide launch).
    It was actually hilarious we made a tonne of people leave the stall thing so we got to queue up again XD

I've always enjoyed the SSX games so I'm hoping we get a decent SSX Wii game.

yeah its at NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • How did the Wii manage to make 1,122,631 sales if only 1 million have been released so far? I'm quite surprised at the relatively low sales number for the 360, I don't think it'll take the Wii or PS3 too long to overtake it, especially given how many Wii sales there have been already, and there are still two more region launches to go yet too.

Years
  • Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I'm sure it's not that easy, considering they're not even available there yet in Australia. >>

Maybe tomorrow morning...it's worth a shot. x.x

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • How did the Wii manage to make 1,122,631 sales if only 1 million have been released so far? I'm quite surprised at the relatively low sales number for the 360, I don't think it'll take the Wii or PS3 too long to overtake it, especially given how many Wii sales there have been already, and there are still two more region launches to go yet too.
    The numbers on the site isn't right. If you go to the site you'll see "Remember, these numbers are only estimates". They take this and that data and they do a bunch of numbers and comes up with sells estimates.
    As of September 30th the 360 has sold 6 mil systems worldwide. That's the latest real numbers for the 360.

It`s way easier here, you just go to the city and they have 40 Wiis left.
    But they aren't selling them yet. The Wii doesn't launch in Auatralia till the 7th (I think). So yea, you might have 40 in the city, but they aren't going anywhere because they aren't being sold yet.

Years
  • But they aren't selling them yet. The Wii doesn't launch in Auatralia till the 7th (I think). So yea, you might have 40 in the city, but they aren't going anywhere because they aren't being sold yet.

Yeah Aus get theirs the 7th

"I still am disappointed in Nintendo for this whole worldwide launch. They should have forgotten about Europe and made more systems available in Japan and America. Europe doesn't support Nintendo's consoles like they do Sony's."
    some guy on gameFAQs

Years
  • The numbers on the site isn't right. If you go to the site you'll see "Remember, these numbers are only estimates". They take this and that data and they do a bunch of numbers and comes up with sells estimates.
    As of September 30th the 360 has sold 6 mil systems worldwide. That's the latest real numbers for the 360.

But they aren't selling them yet. The Wii doesn't launch in Auatralia till the 7th (I think). So yea, you might have 40 in the city, but they aren't going anywhere because they aren't being sold yet.

You can preorder them. The Wii has already been preordered by 30,000 people.
    Also Microsoft is backing the Wii. :laugh:
    https://www.aussie-nintendo.com/?v=news&p=7826

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Years
  • https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/something.jpg

... *Cries* soooo soooo sooo soooooooooooooooooo happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So damn happy to be playing the Wii, so happy to know how the revolution feels, so happy so see how it works and so on............. So happy to be a owner of a Wii........................................................

If you want the full story then click below.
    https://arcanine-88.livejournal.com/24076.html

TOLD YOU YOU'D GET ONE BEFORE ME

But I'm happy for ya, enjoy it massively alot or something

EDIT: page 99 :O almost 100

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Congratulations Andy. I was gonna say that you'll probably be able to sleep easier now that you have a Wii..but I doubt you'll be getting much sleep at all for a few days/weeks/months (delete as applicable)

The only way that people are going to have a problem with flying Wiimotes is if they're stupid enough to be holding it loosely whilst swinging like a demented psychopath. The Wiimote is no different to holding any other object in your hand and moving it around. Keep a firm grip and be sensible with your arm movements and then you wont have a problem. Common sense really.

Years
  • You guys, I have some bad news and some worse news. :(

The bad news is that apparently they're has been reports of people that are losing grip on their wii controllers and it flies out of their hand, smashing tv's and other things too.

The worse news is, the wrist strap breaks off easily! O_o

https://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingf...=494785&page=0

https://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/
    Its only idiots that either do it on purpose to get money, or idiots that go 'I R ELEET NO WRIST STRAP FOR ME

Only if their faulty they do

Famardy

I <3 Cassidy! =3
    Years
  • Well another thing is that each time that they've put on the wrist strap and when they do their arm movements, the wrist strap just breaks off as if was nothing!

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Well another thing is that each time that they've put on the wrist strap and when they do their arm movements, the wrist strap just breaks off as if was nothing!

The wrist strap wont just break from arm movements whilst holding the Wiimote. The only way the wrist strap will physically snap is if someone lets go of the Wiimote whilst swinging their arms around violently, which makes sense really. The wrist strap is only really there to prevent the Wiimote from slipping out of fingers of people with a loose grip and dropping on the floor, not to stop stupid, overly hyper people from flinging their Wiimote across the room at high velocity. Everything has limits to what it can sustain, the strap just has low tolerance for foolish behaviour. I see no problem with that since I have enough common sense to realise that.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Kay .... but why did they let go of the Wiimote when the wrist strap snapped.

Actually, chances are they were even holding onto the Wiimote when the strap snapped, cause to me it seems that there is plenty of slack for the strap, but when you let go and are swinging your arm, the strap is the only thing holding it .... so it snaps.

Again, common sense peoples. Geez.

EDIT: Dammit! Dawson posted while I was.

Also, there have 30,00 preorders for the Wii in Australia! By comparison, Xbox 360 sold 30,00 units in four days, which is a record in Australia .... and the Wii is set to break that.

Linkage

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • I'm jealous, of you, Andy. :/

But I'm also happy for you! ^_^ I plan to get my Wii sometime after Christmas when I have more money.

Oh! And I found one of my Christmas presents; Naruto Clash of Ninja. I'm so happy!

Back