• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL 2k May Make A Return

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    EA's exclusive license with the NFL is expiring the night after the up and coming Superbowl. EA hasn't extended their license with the NFL nor have they mentioned anything about a new Madden; and there's 2 new NFL football games in the making but according to resources it falls in the NFL's hands if whether or not they hit the shelves. I have a strong feeling one of these companies is 2k. It's rumored that 2k had NFL players scanned for 2k Eco-Motion which is their new engine they introduced in NBA and WWE 2K15 as well as testing simulated weather conditions. Is 2k planning to make a return with a new NFL game since ESPN NFL 2K5? What's your guy's thoughts on this?

I'm hoping 2K returns because EA needs the competition. ESPN NFL 2K5 was the most realistic football game ever made. Even the up-to-date Madden games don't compare to 2K5 with presentation and gamepay, EA only focuses on making the game flashy. Watch 2K5 gameplay and watch Madden 15 gameplay. 2K5 will blow your mind and it's over a decade old.

https://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2045822501&postcount=22
    https://www.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2045849828&postcount=46

Years
    I remember playing NFL 2K5 way back when, and remember being disappointed that the only NFL game left on the market was Madden when EA and the league signed their deal. That doesn't mean that I don't like Madden, but if 2K were to revive the franchise and bring the MyCareer mode over, I'd have no problem making the permanent switch over as long as the gameplay was decent.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
    That's how I feel on it. I in no way "hate" Madden, but it definitely has a lot of flaws and has it's EA bs from time to time especially when playing All-Pro or Madden. Super human linebackers and safeties, O-Line men being able to catch up with a CB or Safety on an interception, defenders dropping pics straight to them, all RB break 6 tackles like they're Adrian Peterson, even bad QB's have the accuracy of Brady and arm of Rogers, and psychic defenders that know which route your receiver is running thus cutting before the receiver, etc; but custom sliders help a lot. And this is just a few problems, there's alot more they've yet to improve on after 26 games. Nor for some reason do refs call penalties like pass interference, holding, false start, face mask, approachment, etc where 2K5 did. I play 15 minute quarters with 20 second accelerated clock and I put defensive pass interference and holding up to 100 and out of all the games I've played I only had seldom defensive pass interference. Usually there's 3+ penalties in an NFL game so I'm disappointed that EA can't get this right. Not bashing EA, just stating major problems I feel they could and WOULD fix if they were to have competition.

EA is finally introducing features and presentations that 2K had 10 years ago so EA is way behind 2K so for that I'm really hoping for an 2K game; I think they'll do a fantastic job and make a huge impact in the gaming industry and the NFL franchise as a whole. Also, I hate when EA adds a feature to a game and takes it out the next year just to put it back in on the next, I never understood their reasoning. This is what got them banned from making NCAA games for 5 years. Now this still doesn't stop me from playing the Madden games because I still have fun with them, but I just feel they don't know how to capture a football game like 2K did, and I feel I don't need to know football to play Madden where as you had to have a general idea in 2K5 with the way they had it set up.

Just like you, if 2K makes a return I'm hoping for a MyCareer mode as well. Whether it be a My Player mode(like their NBA games which I had a lot of fun with in 2K12 and 13) or something similar. I really miss Maddens superstar mode from 07-09 and I'd purchase the next Madden that had it in a heartbeat regardless of it's problems.

I did some deeper research and I came across a Youtube video of Rex from EA telling 2K to purchase the license, make a football game and to battle them anytime anywhere. But I don't find this to be really promising, while at the same time the license is up for grabs since EA no longer has "exclusive" rights I just feel he's all talk but it can go both ways. They still have rights but it's not exclusive. I take what Rex says with a grain of salt personally since EA has lied time and time again, so yeah.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2015
    That would be awesome, EA has had a monopoly on American football for too long and it's started to show in the quality of their games. The competition would hopefully end up with us having two great football games.

Back