• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ni No Kuni (It's finally being localized)

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    As the title says, the Level 5/Studio Ghibli game known as Ni No Kuni is being localized. More specifically, the PS3 remake is being localized (hence, why I'm posting it here). As far as I can tell, the biggest change from the DS version seem to be the use of cell shaded 3-D models for the cutscenes, instead of the anime cutscenes, though I did hear a rumor that you can switch to the Anime style in the game if you like those better. But honestly, this is some of the best cell shading I've seen in a game in a long time. Of course, would you expect less from these people?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLPHeHUJikQ&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd0q8w1yj_s&feature=related

So yeah. I guess I'll just leave this open to see what your reactions to this are. And please don't turn this into a PS3 bash thread. I'm just as mad as you all are that this was never localized on the DS. But at least we're getting it in some way. And honestly, it still looks really good.

So yeah, the game is expected out some time during the spring of this year. Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Years
  • This game looks adorable, seriously adorable.
    I don't mind that it is on the PS3 at all, I will seriously consider looking into this more! :)​

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • Looks nice, I'll check it out. Plus, it's nice to know that the guys that made Dark Cloud are developing this game!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Oh wow! I remember hearing about this about a year or two ago on 4chan and loved the screen shots they posted. Glad to see it's coming to America soon!

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • This looks great. I never knew Level 5 still existed, and I only knew them for their Dark Cloud series. I love how the art style is like, and I might consider buying this when it releases locally.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    This looks great. I never knew Level 5 still existed, and I only knew them for their Dark Cloud series. I love how the art style is like, and I might consider buying this when it releases locally.

I saw footage of the gameplay on youtube and I swear, ALL of the background music from the footage sounds like it's right out of a Miyazaki film.

Back