• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nice Guys Finish Last (OU Trick room team)

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    NICE GUYS FINISH LAST
    OU TRICK ROOM TEAM

I've been working on this team for several months now, working with various leads and pokes. I am very proud of this team but I would like some advice on how to improve it.

THE TEAM

480.gif
    437.gif
    477.gif
    068.gif
    366.gif
    105.gif

480.png

Uxie@Choice Scarf
    Timid
    Levitate
    EVs:4def/252spd/252spcdef.

Trick
    Yawn
    Trick Room
    U-Turn

My trick lead.
    I came up with this spread and move set after months of testing. This set usually out speeds a lot of pokes. The point of this lead is to force the opponent to keep switching out and scout. I use trick first turn, yawn second, trick room then u-turn. This move set is high effective. The only times it fails is if I get out sped by a taunting lead or the other poke already has a choice scarf. The opponent usually switches after having their lead getting a choice scarf tricked, then usually switches again after I use yawn. My uxie is bulky enough to take some abuse, if they don't they don't switch when I yawn then I get to put one of their pokes a sleep. U-turn is there in case I do get taunted and to switch to one of my strong pokes.

Bronzong@Leftovers
    Levitate
    Heatproof
    EVs:252hp/4def/252spcdef. 0 Spd IVs.

Trick room
    Gyro Ball
    Earthquake
    Explosion

My special wall.
    I've switched Bronzongs ability to Levitate to give him only one weakness. Bronzong is here to safely set up trick room AT LEAST twice. Gyro Ball for STAB and Earthquake for coverage. Explosion is here to give my sweepers a safe switch in, I save this for later in the game.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Pressure
    EVs:252hp/28atk/228def. 0 Spd IVs.

Trick room
    Will-O-wisp
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake

My physical wall.
    I usually end up using dusknoir as a late game wall/trick room user. This set is very effective at taking hits and being able to take down pokemon that the ice punch and earthquake combo can hit critically. I chose to use Ice Punch and Earthquake together because they hit a lot of OU pokemon. Will-O-wisp to stop sweeps and out wall other walls.

Machamp@Life Orb
    Brave
    Guts
    EVs:252hp/252atk/4spcdef. 0 Spd IVs.

Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Payback
    Thunderpunch

My wall breaker.
    I save this tough guy until late game or until a wall switches in. Close Combat is for stab and a certain fat douche. Ice Punch is for dragons and flying types. Payback is for ghost and psychics switching in to try to take him down. Thunderpunch is mostly for gyarados and other water types. Machamp has proven that even if all my trick room users are KO'd he can pick off a lot of pokes.

Clamperl@Deepseatooth
    Quiet
    Shell Armor
    EVs:252hp/252spcatk/4spcdef. 1 Spd IVs.

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power: Grass
    Toxic

My special sweeper.
    With 540 special attack theirs not much that can take a hit from this thing. Surf is for stab, Ice Beam and hidden power grass are for coverage. Toxic is there because honestly there isn't anything else I could put in that spot. 540 special attack is pretty self explanatory.

Marowak@Thick Club
    Brave
    Rock Head

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Punch
    Thunderpunch

My physical sweeper.
    568 attack stat is retarded. This guy is pure destruction. The coverage keeps me save against almost everything except for swampert. I hate to leave his description so short, but its pretty self exploratory.​

Last edited:

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    Team completely stopped by a Taunt, and I don't see counter for Swords Dance-Bulky Scizor.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years

• Bronzong@Leftovers
    Sassy
    LEVITATE

Trick room
    Gyro Ball
    Earthquake
    Explosion

My special wall.
    Now, I know a lot of people are gonna try to convince me to switch his ability to levitate but after much testing I find people usually tend to assume that Bronzongs have levitate making most attempts to counter my bronzong less effective. Gyro Ball for STAB and Earthquake for coverage. Explosion is here to give my sweepers a safe switch in, I safe this for later in the game.

Do not misunderstand me when I say that Levitate is by far a superior ability, as you probably know. An immunity is far better than a normal hit... you know that. I'll give you two arguments why to use Levitate, the second one more important than the first one, short and simple:
    #1 You cannot switch in on choiced/predicted EQ's and the likes.
    #2 If you are facing a good player, then the player will notice "hey, this Zong is taking less damage than it should from my fire-type moves! I wonder... " And then your Zong is Earthquaked. Thinking of this as a special wall, it would actually be weaker against said EQ than any other Bronzong would be, not to mention that this overwhelming physical attack threat could simply be removed by ONE singular choice. There's a reason why Levitate finished second in the top 10 abilities list by Smogon, you know.

Levitate >>>>>>>> Heatproof

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2012
    NICE GUYS FINISH LAST
    OU TRICK ROOM TEAM

I've been working on this team for several months now, working with various leads and pokes. I am very proud of this team but I would like some advice on how to improve it.

THE TEAM

480.gif
    437.gif
    477.gif
    068.gif
    366.gif
    105.gif

480.png

Uxie@Choice Scarf
    Timid
    Levitate
    EVs:4def/252spd/252spcdef.

Trick
    Yawn
    Trick Room
    U-Turn

My trick lead.
    I came up with this spread and move set after months of testing. This set usually out speeds a lot of pokes. The point of this lead is to force the opponent to keep switching out and scout. I use trick first turn, yawn second, trick room then u-turn. This move set is high effective. The only times it fails is if I get out sped by a taunting lead or the other poke already has a choice scarf. The opponent usually switches after having their lead getting a choice scarf tricked, then usually switches again after I use yawn. My uxie is bulky enough to take some abuse, if they don't they don't switch when I yawn then I get to put one of their pokes a sleep. U-turn is there in case I do get taunted and to switch to one of my strong pokes.

Pretty good, I guess, but Taunting is still a huge problem.

Bronzong@Leftovers
    Sassy
    Heatproof

Trick room
    Gyro Ball
    Earthquake
    Explosion

My special wall.
    Now, I know a lot of people are gonna try to convince me to switch his ability to levitate but after much testing I find people usually tend to assume that Bronzongs have levitate making most attempts to counter my bronzong less effective. Gyro Ball for STAB and Earthquake for coverage. Explosion is here to give my sweepers a safe switch in, I safe this for later in the game.

Eh, it's ok. Levitate is, much better then Heatproof.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
    Relaxed
    Pressure
    EVs:252hp/28atk/228def. 0 Spd IVs.

Trick room
    Will-O-wisp
    Ice Punch
    Earthquake

My physical wall.
    I usually end up using dusknoir as a late game wall/trick room user. This set is very effective at taking hits and being able to take down pokemon that the ice punch and earthquake combo can hit critically. I chose to use Ice Punch and Earthquake together because they hit a lot of OU pokemon. Will-O-wisp to stop sweeps and out wall other walls.

Nice.

Machamp@Life Orb
    Brave
    Guts

Close Combat
    Ice Punch
    Payback
    Thunderpunch

My wall breaker.
    I save this tough guy until late game or until a wall switches in. Close Combat is for stab and a certain fat douche. Ice Punch is for dragons and flying types. Payback is for ghost and psychics switching in to try to take him down. Thunderpunch is mostly for gyarados and other water types. Machamp has proven that even if all my trick room users are KO'd he can pick off a lot of pokes.

You could replace this with some kind of support, but it's pretty good so you might as well keep it.

Clamperl@Deepseatooth
    Quiet
    Shell Armor
    EVs:252hp/252spcatk/4spcdef. 1 Spd IVs.

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Hidden Power: Grass
    Toxic

My special sweeper.
    With 540 special attack theirs not much that can take a hit from this thing. Surf is for stab, Ice Beam and hidden power grass are for coverage. Toxic is there because honestly there isn't anything else I could put in that spot. 540 special attack is pretty self explanatory.

Nicee

Marowak@Thick Club
    Brave
    Rock Head

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Fire Punch
    Thunderpunch

My physical sweeper.
    568 attack stat is retarded. This guy is pure destruction. The coverage keeps me save against almost everything except for swampert. I hate to leave his description so short, but its pretty self exploratory.​

This is the example of a great sweeper. A little predictable though.

I have to agree that taunt destroys this...Most of it looks good, and once you find a solution to the taunt problem you'll be fine. <33 Clamperl.

My comments are in Bold. Pretty good team, but Taunt wrecks it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    I appreciate everybodys post so far thanks.

FaWa said:
    I have to agree that taunt destroys this...Most of it looks good, and once you find a solution to the taunt problem you'll be fine. <33 Clamperl.

How should I fix the taunt problem? From my experiences so far most people only have taunting leads. The only time Uxie is out sped is by other choice scarf users, which can be a pain but once I find a way to get trick room into effect it isn't that big of a problem.

∞Opposite Day said:
    Levitate >>>>>>>> Heatproof

Alright, you convinced me to change it lol.

sasuneuchiha

Neither Darkness nor Light...
    Years
  • Yeah...I agree with the Taunt wreckage, but other than that its nice...never thought to do that with Clamperl, though...interesting...

Sebastien Loeb

Motorsport Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    I'm not quite sure about this, but maybe Porygon2 could work out as a lead?
    I'm rather certain he could Magic Coat back any attempts to Taunt him, and thus set up Trick Room w/o problems.. (But I don't know if Magic Coat works that way..)

Something like this?
    Porygon2 @ Leftovers
    Quiet
    Trace
    252 HP/(w/e you need defense against?)
    - Magic Coat
    - Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
    - Trick Room
    - Recover

That would give you a weapon against Taunt, that is reasonably bulky with instant recovery, but that is only if Magic Coat works the way I think..

Don't sincerely seem me a good idea, it doesn't do anything else other than to increase the elevated weakness to SD Luke of this team.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • It's generally best to keep a pretty fast Pokemon on the team just for cases like Taunt, so you can use it if you can't get up your Trick Room. I suggest something like Jolly Mamo, since you've got the added STAB priority with it, while still outrunning a lot of things.

Mamo@Life Orb
    Nature: Jolly
    Ice Shard
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Superpower

Back