• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Nicknames for Lunatone?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2008
    It's really hard to come up with a good nickname sometimes. Right now, my DS is on and I'm still thinking of a nickname for my Lunatone I just caught... Does anyone have any nicknames ideas they would please share with me?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    ~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Good nicknames for Pokémon are ones that are not blatantly obvious, but still relevant. Try researching Moon in other languages. In Chinese, it's Yue; in Japanese, it's Tsuki, in Greek, it's Selene.
    Also think of other words that describe Lunatone: Crescent, Lunar, Rock, Psychic etc.

~*^*~~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~ ~*^*~~*^*~

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I suggest just looking at it and deciphering what name it looks like. I know it sounds a little weird but it's how I named my Pokemon and my pets. Another suggestion would be Mary after the Pokemon Mystery Crew in the anime episode where Lunatone premiered. You could name it Ken (Mary's partner) too.
    I suggest the first though
    Names after traits are very chiche and hold no mystery

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2009
    Here's a kind of obvious one; How about calling it Moony? Spacey(sounds kinda like Stacy)? Bah, that's all I've got

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
    My suggestions:
    Moontune, Moonrock (cause it's a meteor Pokemon) and Lunie (original?)

Or you could call it something less obvious, if you intend to use Lunatone in battle.

growlithe70

Fire/Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2006
    ok how about you name it mond. it is german for moon. you can always add an a or an o for the gender.

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2006
    Well for starters: (In Wiseman Voice)
    'One's Pokemon is decided by the love of a trainer'
    One's Power is through it's pokemon
    No Matter What Name You give the pokemon will love through pain/defeat

But if you want my opinion here r some names that could be used
    (Most Original) Luna
    (This actually is a rumor but peep say that some of these names gives lunatone's extra stats when named, you need to check name rater and if he is shocked (exclamation mark) that means u have a special name which equals extra stats)
    Special Names that were tried out (took so long to find one):
    ToneStar, DeathStar, Monete, Monique, dunno if this works for some but I tried these and saw that there was extra stats and at lvl 80 it fixed almost half of it's stats compared to lvl 100 pokemon

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Look up different words for moon using a translator or whatever. You could also look up different kinds of rocks and name it after on of them. Perhaps you could name it after a moon? The names of different moons should be pretty easy to find using the handy-dandy google search. There are countless possibilities.
    But if you want my opinion here r some names that could be used
    (Most Original) Luna
    (This actually is a rumor but peep say that some of these names gives lunatone's extra stats when named, you need to check name rater and if he is shocked (exclamation mark) that means u have a special name which equals extra stats)
    Special Names that were tried out (took so long to find one):
    ToneStar, DeathStar, Monete, Monique, dunno if this works for some but I tried these and saw that there was extra stats and at lvl 80 it fixed almost half of it's stats compared to lvl 100 pokemon
    What's the point of spreading false rumors as well as posting horrible Groudon movesets? -_- Nicknames don't affect stats in any way. <.<

Twiin

Wandering Nomad
    Years
    The Moon is associated with tides, so a nickname to do with that could be used - 'Tidus' or something. And since the lunar cycle is 28 days - and since Lunatone is a strangely shaped Pokemon, a name like 28, or XXVIII in Roman Numerals if you wanna be fancy, would be suitable.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    am i the only one who doesnt have nicknames on my pokemon.. :P

i have no idea for a lunatone.. lol

LunarDeath :P

Back