• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames for Pokemon as a whole?

Years
    Does anyone give certain Pokemon nicknames? I'm not talking about individual specimens, but species as a whole. For example, I often call Mantine 'Mr. Honk-Honk' because the sound it makes sounds like a cute little car horn. (yes, even if it is a female Mantine, I call it that)

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I call all species really weird names such as Smeargle, which i nickname "Smeargy". Thats what i do with every species...

Years
    what i call them

I always call my Tododlies WATERBLAST i don't know why and i always call apioms Kong but there they only pokemon i nickname

subaku

Edging the border of ruin...
    Years
    I've never nicknamed any of my pokemon, the simple reason being, I am forgetful. I would forget which pokemon was which if I did that.

Last edited:

bkzasazin

On the road to being a legend.
    Years
    my sceptile or zangoose is usually named Dante they come off as a dante to me..minun and plusle and always tori(y) and ruby due to my deceased friend who used to name them that and they were her favorite pokemon... Typhlosion is usually just typhlosion unless i can think of a good name..other than that i really dont name my pokemon

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I always name pokemon species to. Heres a list of my most common team and there names
    pachirisu-pachi
    empoleon-empolz
    flygon-gonze
    charizard-charz
    staraptor-tara
    gallade-lade
    I know stupid but I get a lot of battles so there pretty cool.

ArKannine

Arcanine´s trainer and friend
    Years
    I used to nickname my blaziken RedRocket, but then i starter the game over and choosed treecko and i named him...Treecko!Now hes a lvl 100 sceptile and i call him....Sceptile!Oh, but i name my abra feche (im brazilian, in portuguese abra means open and feche means close XD)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    giving nicknames is certainly a plus. besides, when you have a battle, having a nickname could throw off the opponent.

Years
    Reminds me of the time I was trying to get a Mew via some fake "cheat" which involved catching a Magikarp and nicknaming it Mew. My friends thought I actually got one somehow... XD

Anty

Just thought of going French..
    Years
    I name my Pokemon's randomly. It's names are very weird. Like once, I named a Pidgey, "Fli". Isn't that wierd? I don't know. I wanted to call him "Fly" and I wanted to spell it different but sound the same. But it didn't sound the same. Instead, his name is "Fli". -Flee-

Spaekle Oddberry

this is why i'm hot
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I give my Pokemon nicknames - mostly because I tend to start doodling them and fleshing them out as characters with unique personalities, and a special name just helps out with that. Makes the game more fun, if I do say so myself.

A list of all the nicknames I have would take ages, but off the top of my head I have: Kaizer the Flygon, Mako the Torterra, Raff the Vileplume, Ventri the Victreebel, Azure and Kero the Toxicroaks, Pandora the Sableye, Dio the Ampharos, and Greymalkin the Sneasel. Most of them actually have some kind of reasoning behind them, but there are some I just thought sounded cool.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Like subaku, I forget who is who when it comes to nicknaming my Pokémon. As for a whole, no. I've never thought of that before. Oh wait ... Smeargle. Its name as it is I thought as stupid, so I just called it that-one-Pokémon-with-a-paint-brush-for-a-tail.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Ummmm, I call all my Hoot-hoot's Hooty. Smeargle Van Goth XD. Female Chicorita's Flower and male Chicorita's Leaf. Treeko's Blade. Torchic's Chicky or Blaze. Yeah I now name all pokemon.
    (I name Jynx Medusa and Probopass Bogey XD)

Drolpaard94

Chef de Cuisine
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    All dittos are either "superstar" or "discostar" to me. Goes with the song: "I'm so big, I'm a star, I want to be a Charizard!" Which is the point in a match when you take out your level 100 ditto and change into your opponents Charizard.

Storm-DC

Dance Instructor
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2019
    All dittos are either "superstar" or "discostar" to me. Goes with the song: "I'm so big, I'm a star, I want to be a Charizard!" Which is the point in a match when you take out your level 100 ditto and change into your opponents Charizard.

hehe, that's cool. LOL. omg, so random. bluah!

no, really. cool.

Lackey

Hi y'alls!
    Years
    I have this habit of always naming Geodude/Machops 'Mister' or 'Sir'.

Farfetch'd I often refer to as Dandy.

Back