• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames or No Nicknames?

Do you nickname your pokemon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonFir3

Safety and Peace be upon you
    Years
    I'm giving most of my pokemon nicknames, but not some stupid ones, mainly because nicknames often sound cool.
    My Palkia is nicknamed "Universum", Typloshion "thaErupt", Garchomp "Sharks", Gyarados "thaRampage", Skarmory "SkyArmor", Metagross "Tank", Gliscor "Batman", Heracross "Herminat0r", etc. So my opinion is, that it's cool to nickname your pokemon.

Acrutheo

The boundless night~
    Years
    Occasionally I'll nickname my pokemon, usually according to what I see their function for me to be. For example, I named my Golduck "PASSER", as it was an HM Slave who would help me pass through obstacles (such as big boulders).

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    My Pokémon have ridiculous nicknames. for example, i recently called a Smeargle "Smeargy". I have no idea why.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    I don't "officially" nickname my pokes, mainly because my party is imported through Pal Park and other people find 'em irritating. So here they are:
    My Standard Team:
    Typhlosion: Ty or Tyler
    Dragonair: no nickname
    Ampharos: Amphy in honor of GSC
    Lapras: none
    Scizor: Sci
    Umbreon: Umbre
    Other Nicknamed:
    Gardevoir: Caroline and Gallade: Garvin (both are each other mate i breed them together)
    Arcanine: Rex (originally because i felt it was a good name for a dog, but now after my friend w/ that name)

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I used to never nickname my Pokemon, they were all the same to me, plus it was easier to keep track of them by just remembering what species they were. Lately however, I've gotten into the habit of given them names, cause each of my Pokemon are special. :3 Of course, I've cut down on the amount of Pokemon I catch since it's easier to do so, but I think having favourites is a lot better than collecting them relentlessly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2012
    i sometimes nickname them, if i can think of a decent name.

i wanted to nickname my snorlax "speedy" but i couldnt because i got it from a trade :(

i also like nicknaming all the pokemon the wrong names, eg nicknaming a torchic "mudkip", or even better, doing something like calling a swampert "Groudon" lol xD

Pineapi

Must. Have. Cute. Pokemon.
    Years
    I used to never nickname but I am this time around, if I can think of anything worth while anyway. Plus if I'm not planning on having them on my party I usually don't bother.

Lackey

Hi y'alls!
    Years
    Always, it makes them special to me! I used to give them just simple names, like Pidge for a Pidgeot, Toge for Togetic, and so on, but now I put more thought into them.

Usually only Pokemon I plan to actually use will get very special names though. Some will be named after favourite characters of mine, or something special to me in real life, just a few examples. My Luxray in Diamond is named Audrey, named after a very precious cat I once had named Aubrey. In the same game I have a Lucario named after an old good friend of mine I never see anymore.

Often Pokemon I never use will get very strange nicknames. Pokobowl is one that comes to mind. I think I was a bit crazy that day.

Valarauca

I > U for all real values of U
    Years
    Don't let them know what is comming, random names spelled in Runyk.. ha-ha!

Rhyperior--- Dryll
    Whiscash--- ghytyo (fish, pm if you don't get it_
    Blazican----- flame (well)

Cid

Years
    In true Pokemon RPG's (e.g. Diamon and Pearl), I rarely nickname them. Though I feel like nicknaming them sometimes, especially HM Slaves. I usually nickname HM Slaves just for fun...

I also nickname them in PMD 1 and 2 because I would be the only Pokemon who has a funny name...

Neosplash

|♜|♞|♝|♛|♚|♝| ♞|♜|
    Years
    I give my pokemon random nicknames. Most times I'll just ask "What should I name it?".
    I have a
    Sudowoodo named What?
    Butterfree named chair
    I also always name my starter Neosplash.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    I never nickname my starters.

As of other Pokémon, I always nickname my master quintet, the Pokémon I use more often and that I try to preserve from game to game (such as Nidorino, Quilava, etc). Any other pokémon I won't nickname.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    This thread hasn't been posted in since May, that's well over the one month revival limit. Make sure to check the time a thread was last posted in before posting yourself.

-Locked-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back