• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Only for a year at college I was called Elonzo by a few people, a completely random name.
    At home I am sometimes called Lion by my parents.

I like having nicknames so long as they aren't Wapanese.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    My nan gets mixed up sometimes and calls me Claire [my aunts name] and now I've got used to it, and actually answer to Claire now. It's not really a nickname .. but meh~
    My mum calls me Lou-lou every once in a while. It's a long story involving the midwife calling me lulabell etc~
    It's a bit embarassing when she calls me that to be honest.

Online? People normally call me Snowwy/Snowweh~

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • The good thing about having a long name is that people shorten it on instinct- when I introduce myself as "Giancarlo" it doesn't take long for them to call me "Gian". So that's my nickname.

Online, however, I would exceed this post's limit if I were to list all of my nicknames. I could list the most common ones, but I don't feel like~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    My real nicknames are Mike or Mikey.

At school, a lot of people call me McLovin/Fogle (or however you spell the names).
    They say I look and sound like him. XD; I haven't seen the movie, but recorded it over the weekend, but forgot to watch it. I'll watch it this weekend. ;D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    My family calls me Nica... being my online nickname. And nobody else bothers. :[

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Ah, my peeps (marshmallow peeps) call me Sav. But I've had names ranging from Boobs to Lola. I'll pretty much respond to anything.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    My friends like to call me Kai as its my first name shorten and I spelt it different or it would be Ky. I also get called Shadow alot cuz it like my gaming name for everything and some of my online user names. Other than those my friend poke fun or my last name which is Easterling so I get called Easteregg or Easter bunny or even Easter basket...horrible DX

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • "Styles" seems to be a popular one, given it's my last name and all. Other than that I can't think of any that have stuck. Well, there was also "Big C" but I try avoid bringing that one up :P

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • Um, let's see.

I occasionally get called Willy. That's about it. And meh, I could care less. I mean most of the time I get called Will.

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    My nickname is Gabby, because it's a shortened version of my name. Most people online call me that, too.

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    The only nickname I have in real life is Beth. I don't mind it, but I prefer it when people use my full name.
    A couple of people online call me Aki.

Franceschi

a.k.a justin timberlake
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Um, let's see.
    I occasionally get called Willy. That's about it. And meh, I could care less. I mean most of the time I get called Will.
    So, Guillaume means nothing to you? I am disgusted.

I go by many names .. Both online and offline, I am called every name under the sun. Usually it's the name of someone else - Arian is proof that happens no matter my connection with someone - or a variation of my name. Fi, Fifi, Fizzle, Chica, Sexpot*, Fi-Lite** and Will*** are popular choices. Although some choices aren't what I'd call appealing, I appreciate all my nicknames - if someone has gone to the trouble to call me something other than Fiona, then I should - and think they add spice to my life.

* Even I don't know. :[
    ** Stage name of Big Bang member Daesung, but reworked to fit my name.
    *** Inbetweeners reference and joke.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • I don't get many nicknames. Most of them are from my mother, but I'll make a list.

-Mishy. This is the biggest nickname that I have online, with most of my friends calling me it. Infact, only my really close friends call me by my full name (with a couple exceptions). Technically, it's my username too, but only my friends use the cuter spelling.

-Shelly. My mother calls me Shelly, as done my Grandma and my friend Courtney who I've known for over eleven years. This is a really special name to me because it's used by the people who see me as really close. My mother is my mother, my Grandmother helped raise me, and I've known Courtney for years and she's like a sister. My friend Dan started calling me it, but he stopped for some reason. :/ He was like a big brother in a sense too. I really looked up to him.

-Shelly Bean/ Shelly Poodle. Only by Mom and Grandma.

-Mish. Random nickname. It's only used by random people at random times. That, or if someone is too lazy to type/say my whole name or Mishy/Michii. Har har.

-Mimi. Gummy called me this but switched to Mishy and then my full name ('cept when he's lazy).

-Myuu. It was my username on the forum I owned. Sometimes my ancient friends call me it as a mistake.

-MEE-shell. A lot of people do this and iono why XD.

-me-chee. It's used by my friends as a joke that no one knows that my username is pronounced as Mishy haha.

-Oh, and I JUST remembered Michips. yeah, get it? Chips? Michii? yeah. It works. Yay.

Last edited:

Simplicity

~♥~
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2019
    My friends on PC call me Tali. Otherwise its just the usual username, I guess. I don't really have a nickname in RL, unless you count the shortened version of my name which I'm not particularly fond of. D:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • My parents specifically named my brother and I so that our names could not be shorten to be used as a nickname. I would probably do the same thing, should I ever have kids.

My name is my name and I have that name for a reason. If my name was Alexander (for example), I would want to be called Alexander. Not Alex.

Back