• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2011
    [SIZE="a"]I always nickname my pokemon for example my Zangoose for my solo is called Scar. I usally name them after a pun ex My Gengar is called Casper, Greek or Roman Gods ex Blaziken is Helios, Angels for example I named my Snivy Uriel or just something random like my treeko is called tree[/SIZE]

User19sq

It depends.

If so, what do you nickname them?
    Their species' name, only lowercase, to match BW's grammar.

Do you base your nicknames or certain things?
    Not exactly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    I don't nickname pokemon. I might want to trade them later. Remember that Farfetch'd that has that stupid "DUX" name that you can't get rid of?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Here's my Black team for the Halloween challenge. There isn't really a theme, but half of them are named after Mars Volta songs. One's traded, so it's stuck with its stupid name. If I could rename her, it'd be Ilyena.

Spoiler:

I've found that Mars Volta song titles make great names, just fyi. haha.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • i do sometimes. some games i wont though. like lately i don't nickname mine unless their REAL special to me. I usually have a theme goin on though, i.e: pokemon white(1st play through) i gave all my pokemon native american names based on their appearance, personality, or if they were hard to catch.

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • I only nickname them if I'm feeling creative, which isn't very often. But when I do, I usually take one syllable from the Pokemon's name (or it's evolution's name), and add a suffix to it. For example, one time I named my Mudkip "Marshy".

Kinda similar to what the Pokespe characters do.

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • I nickname every Pokémon I catch, other than legendaries. I find their names acceptable.
    I nickname them names that fit their species, like I named my Leafeon "Thorn" and my Espeon "Medium". If the Poké already has a decent name, like Skitty or Litwick, I just rename them whatever their name is in lowercase.
    My nicknames come from my imagination, whatever I feel is befitting to the Poké. There was a time in my Sapphire/Ruby days where I'd name every Poké I hatched from an egg after the route or place they hatched in. I can't even tell you how many Marill I had named "Cycling Road"...

Back