• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    Do you give your Pokemon nicknames? If you do, feel free to share some of your favorites?

I'm quite fond of my Ivysaur named Vape Naysh. Other than that, I only have a couple more named. I usually prefer the OG names.

Years
  • I catch too many to nickname them all.. I know I'd stop quickly, so I just don't nickname them at all aha. I might nickname a select few I'll get attached to though but that hasn't happened quite yet.

Years
  • Interesting. I'd wondered about this.

I also haven't nicknamed any and I can't exactly say why... there's just nothing that makes me want to right now. Even though in the old games I totally would have been all over that.

Maybe it's the amount? I don't know. But I've actually felt guilty/weird for not naming them--at least this thread has made me feel better. =P

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • The only one I've nicknamed thus far has been my Pidgeot, Ace.

Don't know why I named it Ace - maybe because of Aerial Ace? It doesn't even know Aerial Ace...

Hmm.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Some examples...

q8MAmo2.jpg

Also have Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle as "Salad," "Steak" and "Soup," respectively. They're mixed with some names that can be interpreted as vulgar/inappropriate so I'll spare the public the screenshots.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I nickname anything that I think I'll use or that feels significant to have. You can see my current team's names in my signature but I've also got Useless the Raticate, Rocky the Onix, Geodudette the Geodude, Moon Pixi the Clefable, Booberella the Jynx and then several "Mr Munchy" variants of Golbats. Nicknaming is fun but it can be hard to be creative!
    Some examples...

Spoiler:

Also have Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle as "Salad," "Steak" and "Soup," respectively. They're mixed with some names that can be interpreted as vulgar/inappropriate so I'll spare the public the screenshots.
    Oh god I love these so much.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I haven't yet, but I probably will eventually. I've been wanting to go with a theme like I do in the actual games but I haven't been able to think of any themes aside from food names, which is what I usually use in-game too lol...

Cupcake the Clefable does sound pretty damn adorable tho, tbh.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I haven't nicknamed anything yet but I might end up naming the best of each of each pokemon I collect - I'm already fond of my awesome (for my lowly level) pidgeot.

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
    Years
  • I've only nicknamed two so far, my starter Ivy the Bulbasaur and Nakama the Kakuna. I won't be nicknaming most of my Pokemon since sooner or later I'll most likely be transfering them, so I won't waste my time with the ones I don't know if I'm going to keep. Who I nickname depends on when/how I captured it, and what happens while I have it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I nicknamed my Jynx Nicki Minaj.
    Haha nice. I think just about everyone in the world has done this at least once but somehow it never gets old! I went for Booberella on mine for a cheeky Simpsons reference but Nicki was at the top of my mind too.

Back