• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Night over day or day over night?

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
  • Do you tend to enjoy the nightfall? Or are you the type of person who enjoys the whole day instead of night time? Why or Why not?

I think I'm a little bit of both. I tend to prefer rising early in the morning because it makes me feel rather refreshed. I also like nightfall since it has a lot of calming qualities for me, you know? The only struggle with nightfall approaching for me is realizing the day has ended. :/

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't have a preference anymore.

I love morning. I love waking up early and having the whole day ahead of me.
    I love afternoon. I love the way the sky looks and how its warm and how lively everything is.
    I love night. I love the darkness and I love the hustle in certain spots and the quietness in others.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I like it all tbh. Mornings are very peaceful because everyone is too tired to be all rude. Afternoon is like the high light for me because that's when I usually spend time with friends. Night is good for when I unwind after a long day in my computer chair.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I like the night. I'm usually awake at night longer than I am in the day time, I feel more alert, I don't really feel as stressed at night, and I think the sky is prettier at night than during the day. When I had a truck I would drive out at about 3 or 4 am and just go into a cornfield and sit out and watch the night sky and the sunrise. It's very peaceful.

Years
  • I like the night time better, right at dusk/twilight. If it's summer, then I can sit outside and relax on my patio or something. I'm not a morning person, at all, so all I care about when I wake is whether I have coffee or not and who or what I have to destroy in order to obtain some.

Years
  • Nighttime is better. Because I'm free on nighttime, I can do whatever I want. It's also very peaceful with those siblings out of the way. The only con of nighttime that affects me is the lack of natural light.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I am a creature of the night. I live the night and and the day, but the night is where I come to life. I've been catching up on my sleep the past few days. Someone noticed my eye was twitching violently and unintentionally, much to my chagrin. Too bad, the caffeine train is on it's way to the next station and runs all day and all night. there is no such thing as a 'last train' for the caffeine train, to which I am the conductor.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    The best time of the day for me is morning. New beginning, new light. I love sunshine and during the cold, dark months in my country, I miss summer so much, because in the summer, night and darkness only last for a couple of hours each night before it's day and sun again :3

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I prefer the day. Working overnights has caused me to have a distaste for it, much more so than I used to. That's because I'd either be forced to work or fall asleep during the night. My human body would often fall asleep on my days off, getting immensely tired from the schedule and just not being able to handle it in general. Working at night made the time pass much more slowly too, because it was so dark and the outside generally didn't change as much as it does during the day. So glad I left that job and work days now.

Also, it gets dark here pretty early, and I don't like that either. The darkness just gives me a feeling that I'll have to go to bed soon and that time is slipping away. I find it to be very unpleasant, and just don't really like the lack of natural light, to be honest. Even though I dislike the sun shining brightly, I'd still rather have it than the glow of a lamp and that quiet tedium of night.

I think though before that job, I've always had a kind of distaste for night. The only reason I even stayed up nights was to avoid people. Specifically, my family. That's the best part about it. Also, I admit the night sky looks very pretty and is fun as a subject of my art.

Keep in mind though that I am definitely NOT a morning person despite preferring the day. My energy is at its highest duringnoon and afternoons. Before that? I just want to impale someone.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Nighttime is the best thing ever. I can't stand the morning/day or sun. If you know me well, you know there's not much more to explain.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I like the night time better, right at dusk/twilight. If it's summer, then I can sit outside and relax on my patio or something.
    this post made me feel. I agree with this. summer nights are my favorite time ever, they're incredible.

everything feels more crisp in the morning and it always feels nice to go for like a morning bike ride or something (when it's warm); I'm not sure what it is, everything still feels kind of sleepy but bustling anyway and it's an interesting thing to observe.

afternoons tend to suck because at that point I'm usually not doing anything.

night is when I hang out with friends and tend to unwind a bit, so naturally, I prefer it. I love going outside or driving with all the windows down during the summertime and singing along to the radio with a bunch of friends. this sounds cheesy. but it's true. why does it have to be January 15

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    I've always been more of a night owl myself. It could be because a lot of my greatest memories have been made at night time. The night life just excites me. I prefer nightshifts at work as well.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
    Years
  • Night owl all the way, except when you walk outside alone in the dark. But it does have its own benefits unlike daytime. The peace and mind, for example.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'm a bit of both with the direction towards night because I generally love sleeping a lot and am always tired. I like lying in bed and doing thing like chilling on the computer/ gaming at night, but at the same time I dislike it for having to do all nighters for university and such.
    I like day as well as I can see my awesome group of friends, and I generally just enjoy going to university.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i like a bit of both. on the weekends i like to wake up pretty early, i feel like if I wake up any later than 10 i've already wasted the day. mid day naps are great to compensate waking up early and being bored. the night is just pretty chill to watch movies or pamper myself. during the week days night is the time my focus is at its best. it's probably bc it's work vs. sleep time.

pkmin3033

I'm very much a morning person; I function best between 6am and around 1pm...after lunch I start to shut down and, whilst I'm not a fan of sunlight, I'm not a night person - I have sleep patterns I'm quite happy with which don't allow for all-nighters or staying up until the ungodly hours of the day. After I've had something sugary and revived a bit, I'm raring to go and fairly productive. Mornings are awesome.

Back