• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Night

Yesterday

Manabi Style ^w^
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2008
    At Night
    when crickets chirp,

the moon hangs
    (against the midnight blue
    with little holes
    that angels peep through)
    tucked with gray clouds
    cradled by darkness,

lulled to sleep,
    with gentle whispers of the wind,
    singing a lullaby through leaves
    of trees

whose gentle sighs
    wash away the dreams
    of the slumbering moon

at Night
    when crickets chirp.

DeM0nFiRe

Running for Supreme Ruler :)
    Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2022
    Hey, nice job. Good use of a classic style without going cliché. Has some nice imagery and metaphors fundamental to any poetry.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2007
    yea the metaphors are good, your poem really sticks in my head and reminds me of what i do every night

Years
  • Eh... not a fan of your unorthodox structures, like I mentioned beforem, but the poem is pretty good. Nice use of personification and some little dash of metaphors here and there. Overall sounds nice, and I like poems like these... mostly... and like mentioned above, it's not too cliche. It's not some boring poem going "ah the moon is shining silver blah blah" like what most people would do...

dstaley

Closet Pokemon Geek
    Years
  • It's pretty good. The imagery and use of other literary devices really gives it some personality. The absence of a set rhythm is also an added plus.

Something offtopic: How can you really critic someone's poetry? Couldn't almost anything fall under "artistic liberty"?

Yesterday

Manabi Style ^w^
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2008
    thankees for the commentsssss!!!!!!!! ^w^ its better than SOMEONE who dint comment at all... u.u

Back