• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Night's battle thread

Nightofshadow

Just isn't good enough yet....
Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    wtf? isnt gyarados 4x weak to thunder punch? i bearly got u to half?!?!?!

Intimidate did that to you. 2 of them hurt your attack and it did more than half damage. I was just lucky

Olibur

I get owned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    ok no, fist my thunder punch doesnt kill gyarados, now ur infernape attacks before my maxed speed EV trained aerodactyl? what is this all about?

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    your infernape outsped his all speed aerodactyl.. >_>

his aero was paralyzed remember? From weezing. Paralyze cuts your speed down. thats why i outran you =\

You guys have alot to learn about pokemon apperently. No worries

Shift

Stolen from Wifiddle at Smogon
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    Even my Aerodactyl outspeeds a Max EV trained Speed Infernape. But I'm not accusing you. ^_^

EDIT: Oh, xD. Shoulda wrote that bit about paralysis in with the Thunder punch bit.

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    Aero is faster than infernape BUT after its paralyzed its speed gets cut. That means i get to beat it up for free.

As for my Gyarados living through the thunder punch 2 intimidates cut your power down a bit and it tooka good chunk off of him. Im suprised it didnt kill me. Im pretty lucky.

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    Even my Aerodactyl outspeeds a Max EV trained Speed Infernape. But I'm not accusing you. ^_^

EDIT: Oh, xD. Shoulda wrote that bit about paralysis in with the Thunder punch bit.

dude it was the other way around XD her infernape outsped his aero XD

Shift

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    That's true. I know. xD I didn't read that part.

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • ok no, fist my thunder punch doesnt kill gyarados

Actually, it will usually always OHKO Gyarados. Any decent Electric move will OHKO Gyarados. I've actually never seen one survive a Thunder Punch from my Metagross, and that's un-STABed and un-boosted.

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    I know what im talking about in reference to why my pokemon outsped yours. If you werent paralyzed that wouldnt have happened. But you WERE paralyzed by weezing using thunderbolt. so of course im going to outrun you.

<Nico>

That Guy Over There
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2007
    Actually, it will usually always OHKO Gyarados. Any decent Electric move will OHKO Gyarados. I've actually never seen one survive a Thunder Punch from my Metagross, and that's un-STABed and un-boosted.

uhm.. duh? XD yea, he's 4x weak to thunder, it's more than natural that anything yellow will OHKO him, but this was not the case! XD

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016

Nope. It was mixed Infernape that DIDNT have max attack or any attack boosts against a my Gyarados. It attacked hard yes, but it didnt kill it. Richard took down my gyarados last we played with an electric attack. So he knows the deal. You also arent taking into consideration the 2 intimidates that i did to your infernape as well. That cut your power down too

Shift

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2008
    WTF? Why did you challenge me Olibur? That challenge was meant for this other guy. And when I heard a ping, I thought it was him. o_O

And there's no way you can get two critical hits. o_O

Olibur

I get owned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    wtf shift, tyranitar is really heavy and weak to grass and grass knot does not even half? thats bs

Nightofshadow

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2016
    I think you need to properly EV train your pokemon, Because i dont think you did... Your pokemon are kinda weak

Olibur

I get owned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2007
    anyways shift, how u like that win, wit 5 pokemon left on my part

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Nope. It was mixed Infernape that DIDNT have max attack or any attack boosts against a my Gyarados. It attacked hard yes, but it didnt kill it. Richard took down my gyarados last we played with an electric attack. So he knows the deal. You also arent taking into consideration the 2 intimidates that i did to your infernape as well. That cut your power down too

Oh... well, that'll do it!

That's why I don't like mixed sweepers... they do each job okay, but can't do great individual jobs (like that Infernape vs. Gyarados bit). Sometimes it's just vital to be able to take something down in a single hit, and DD Gyarados is one of those situations, so you gotta be careful.

Back