• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nine-Year Old boy saves Pokemon TCG

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Ah good for him and his school. I remember when I was in elementary school, they eventually banned the use of Gameboys because of kids sitting around during recess and only playing Pokemon. I can understand the ban for this, as recess is to promote a sort of physical activity after being in class for a large amount of time... but come on, it's POKEMON! I don't think the TCG was ever banned in my school though, granted it wasn't as popular as the video games. I'm actually surprised they didn't ban the whole idea of Pokemon, as it was a Catholic school.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • Many years ago when I was in prison elementary school, me and my friends would bring our Gameboys/Gameboy Colors and battle in our GSC games. The teacher was fine with it as long as we did it during lunch/recess/dismissal. One day, my one friend was playing his GBC during class, and our teacher snapped and had EVERYONE who brought their GB/GBC turn them in to her. Many kids had brought them and she had 10-15 GBCs at the end of the day. She refused to give them back to us, she said we had to have our parents come and pick them up, even though only one kid actually broke the teacher's rules. Luckily, someone told the principal and she was forced to give our systems back (except for my friend who broke the school rules).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I never liked Pokemon cards to being with (but that is just me) but it's pretty amazing that a third grader would write a letter. I would have done it in another way (which would have been a bit risky)

:t354:TG

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Heh, nice! Though, if I were that age again, I still wouldn't bring my Pokemon cards to class. My peers were mischievous children and I was afraid that they would get stolen, lost, or destroyed especially my holographic ones. Also, I was into the TCG just for the collecting and never actually playing, hee.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • Heh, nice! Though, if I were that age again, I still wouldn't bring my Pokemon cards to class. My peers were mischievous children and I was afraid that they would get stolen, lost, or destroyed especially my holographic ones. Also, I was into the TCG just for the collecting and never actually playing, hee.
    Me too! I have the Limited Edition Pokemon: The First Movie Promo Stamped Ash's Pikachu card. And it is still in good condition!

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    I don't see ANYTHING curious about it, seriously. It seems that Bulbanews now lack enough topics to write about.

Years
  • Oh Wow.
    Pokemon TGC was hated among my friends. They liked YGO better than Pokemon TGC.
    Yes, YGO ripped off the Pokemon TGC. YGO was some sort of Higher the better game when Pokemon TGC was like Health War. I sure had rare Pokemon TGC Cards when i was 7. I didn't know how to play it yet.

Now, i wanna try and prove the school that Pokemon TGC and YGO are both educational for their math, combos(just like puzzles), and memorizing.
    PkmnTGC was more like Memorizing, when YGO was kinda like puzzly and combos.
    Tomorrow i'll send a message to my principal.

Back