• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ninetales just got 9 times cooler !

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • In the latest reveal of Pokémon Sun & Moon news, we were graced of the presence of Alola Ninetales.

Like c'mon. It's Ice/Fairy. It looks majestic and is majestic.

So what are your thoughts on Alola Ninetales? Yay or nay? Do you wish there could've of been a mega for Ninetales instead in the future? Any speculations of Alola Ninetales that correlates to anything else (like possibly Arcanine will be getting an Alolan form)?

Also! One more thought (credit to @Avatar for the idea);
    Considering regular Vulpix evolves into Ninetales via fire stone, how do you think Alola Vulpix will evolve into Ninetales? (Let's hope its not evolving around that ice rock.)

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • I actually want it to evolve around that Ice Rock. It's about time some pokemon used it besides Glaceon.

I'm hoping that we get a snow tiger Arcanine. Sure, it's more of a dog, but it has tiger stripes.

Years
  • I love Alola Ninetails, it's so beautiful. I think i actually prefer this to a mega Ninetails and the typing is just the end of dragon types altogether. I have no idea about how it will evolve but I have a feeling they may place that ice rock in it's habitat in Alola...

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I'm kinda hoping it keeps the same evolution method. From the description of how these forms were created, it sounds like it could be argued that the innate reaction Vulpix has to the Fire Stone that causes it to evolve may still be effective. At least, I think it would be really cool to have an Ice type evolve using a Fire Stone.

Years
  • Having regional versions feels a lot better than more mega evolutions. Now they've opened the door to all sorts of possibilities.

But making Ninetales part Fairy is a good move in either case. Well done.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I am... so in love... :pink_love: :pink_love: :pink_love:

I already loved Nintales a lot, I feel like this variant is just 10 times more majestic and I want twenty of these babies. Plus it's a dragon type's worst nightmare. Sign me up!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'd rather Ninetales become part Ghost-Type way before I'd want it as an Ice-Type, but maybe that's just me. At least this design looks nice, but then again, since Ninetales is a well-designed Pokémon to begin with, it seems very difficult to mess it up.

Years
  • I remember I wanted to use only new Pokemon in my playthrough. Now I feel like I want to revoke that statement thanks to Alola Ninetales.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I like how it looks, but... going from Fire-type to Ice-type is such a big change o_o Maybe we can get an Ice-type Arcanine too? Or even a Mightyena.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    not gonna lie. that looks amazing. really wonder how it's shiny form will look o.o

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
  • Just wondering how vulpix will evolve as the normal vulpix uses a fire stone. So either we get a ice stone or it will be like eevee where we have to level it up close to an ice rock. I also want to know if this forms stats gets changed, because sandshrew and sandslash stats are going to be diffrent. Can we breed with the normal versions? Can we get some extra egg moves this way. Possibilities.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I also think that an Ice Arcanine would look really cool, but so would a Ghost Arcanine. I don't think that they would just keep going with older pokemon with new forms though. It might upset some balance in the pokemon world. Unless Tediursa gets a new form and Ursaring becomes part of a split evolution.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I hope it has something else than Snow Cloak. It kind of work for Sandshrew and Sandslash since Snow Cloak is an Hail version of Sand Veil.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • Regular Ninetales was already my favourite Pokemon (especially the silvery shiny one), so this just made it twice as much my favourite Pokemon. I can't wait to have both my Kanto and Alola Ninetales on the same team.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Regular Ninetales was already my favourite Pokemon (especially the silvery shiny one), so this just made it twice as much my favourite Pokemon. I can't wait to have both my Kanto and Alola Ninetales on the same team.

same!!! I'd already planned out my team:

3x Ninetales
    3x Alola Ninetales

a pretty cool team if I say so myself B)

Back